The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
May 29, 2020, 06:20:25 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 [145] 146 147 148 149 150   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A Collective Thread for All Them Guns  (Read 687691 times)
winterfell
Gunner
United States United States

« Reply #3600 on: February 20, 2011, 04:02:07 pm »

Wow, I am very impressed with the weapons here. I have a bunch that are in various stages of construction, I will post them when they are complete.
maduncle
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

Indubitably...

@maduncle
« Reply #3601 on: February 20, 2011, 11:14:58 pm »

Wow, I am very impressed with the weapons here. I have a bunch that are in various stages of construction, I will post them when they are complete.

Please post pictures during various stages of construction, they are often more beneficial to us that the completd photos as we get to learn how to do stuff.

'...within interventions distance of the embassy...
CoyotesGirl
Deck Hand

« Reply #3602 on: February 21, 2011, 12:47:09 am »

Here it is, 98% done. After running about the house with it and tormenting my son with it for a bit, I decided to forgo the bottle as it adds too much weight. Instead I'm looking into taking apart one of those UV pens and putting the light behind a glow in the dark marble I have and plugging the back hole with that.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'm trying here. Bear with me.
"I will not mod before breakfast. I will not forgo food in preference of crafting. I will drink my coffee before I alter anything. I will take a break for lunch and I will come when my children call me."
Tharie
Gunner
Portugal Portugal

« Reply #3603 on: February 21, 2011, 01:52:52 am »

This was my first weapon modification. I am new to SP so please excuse my simplicity. I also didn't have much time, I had to do this in a couple of hours since I had to educate my self in the art of Calculus, Computer Architectonics and Mechanics in order to make my time in college worthwhile.

Grumfoss
Zeppelin Captain
Wales Wales

« Reply #3604 on: February 21, 2011, 12:48:32 pm »

Hi from Spain... Today it is my first day in this forum and I want to present my work and my blog. Thank you for your attention.

http://monsterfx.wordpress.com/

Sir I must add my voice to the masses who have already said how brilliant your work is. Many thanks for sharing, top class.

modelmanjohn
Snr. Officer

« Reply #3605 on: February 22, 2011, 01:48:01 am »

I spotted one of these last week. Made by hap-p-kid. Its a kind of knife becoming pistol. With light and sound effects.

I've just finished a basecoat of copper, given it a bit of a worn/burnt look and now looking to paint some of it's features and punk it. Will post final result.

I'm thinking some kind of single shot bowie electo-knife.  Cheesy

Finally scored one of these on ebay, $6 shipped!

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.
Andifferous
Officer

« Reply #3606 on: February 25, 2011, 01:25:47 pm »

Well I have a couple guns I think I'll share with you fine folks.

First off is my first steampunk project, fairly ordinary modded maverick

Next is my first real build:

Not really sure what to call it yet but my general idea is that it functions via steam or compressed air.
Also really sorry for the horrid pictures, my camera is incredibly adverse to anything even remotely reflective with the flash on, and with the flash off it all looks like the pictures were taken in a vat of Earl Grey. Once i get my hands on a better camera I'll put up some better shots.

Grumfoss
Zeppelin Captain
Wales Wales

« Reply #3607 on: February 25, 2011, 01:40:58 pm »

Well I have a couple guns I think I'll share with you fine folks.

First off is my first steampunk project, fairly ordinary modded maverick

Next is my first real build:

Not really sure what to call it yet but my general idea is that it functions via steam or compressed air.
Also really sorry for the horrid pictures, my camera is incredibly adverse to anything even remotely reflective with the flash on, and with the flash off it all looks like the pictures were taken in a vat of Earl Grey. Once i get my hands on a better camera I'll put up some better shots.

Nice. It looks much better than the Maverik, are you going to make a holster for it?
Andifferous
Officer

« Reply #3608 on: February 25, 2011, 01:49:14 pm »

Nice. It looks much better than the Maverik, are you going to make a holster for it?

perhaps later on, once i have some decent leather for it. Certainly would like to though.
modelmanjohn
Snr. Officer

« Reply #3609 on: February 25, 2011, 06:34:17 pm »

I spotted one of these last week. Made by hap-p-kid. Its a kind of knife becoming pistol. With light and sound effects.

I've just finished a basecoat of copper, given it a bit of a worn/burnt look and now looking to paint some of it's features and punk it. Will post final result.

I'm thinking some kind of single shot bowie electo-knife.  Cheesy

Finally scored one of these on ebay, $6 shipped!

My dear Fellows,

For those of you interested, I thought I'd give a little review of this unique weapon. Like I said, I got it for $6 total off of Ebay. First, a link to an image:

http://direct.asda.com/PTU-Sword/000765759,default,pd.html

Mine came in different colors. The main part is a darker red. I don't have exact measurements, but I'd say its around 16 inches long (when in "short sword" mode). The grip fits nicely in my hand - I have about average sized hands (for an adult). It actually has a nice "weight" to it. It doesn't feel flimsy. One could brain someone with it well enough.

I must say, I find the pistol mode very fetching. Very sleek. Kind of Power Ranger like (obviously it is patterned on something like that). Not very steampunky, but still nice. The angle of the grip to the barrel is about 45 degrees. Very natural looking and comfortable in the hand.

The sword mode is cool as well. It looks solid as you can see. I can imagine shooting the barbarian hordes as they rush my position, then quickly snapping to sword mode to fend them off.

The transforming action is spring-loaded from pistol-to-dagger mode. Just push the button (orange, on the side of the gun above the grip in the circular thing) and it pops into sword mode. The spring feels strong - not weak at all, tho I'm not sure how long that will last thru use. Unfortunately, that button is a bit hard to reach with the thumb (at least, with my thumb) for the right handed. I'm not sure how the left handed would press the button. It does positively lock into the sword mode. But if you swing it hard enough it'll jiggle a bit. To go back to pistol mode, you have to manually do it while pressing the button again (I suppose if you swung it  hard enough the right way it would do it too).

One thing that is not shown in the picture is that the forward dark blue part (with the orange barrel part and yellow thing on top) actually can pop-up and slightly back (via the orange button on the side of the light blue part below it). It reveals another barrel (clear, like the blade, it lights up) plus some other detail. I'm not sure if I like the pistol mode with this up. It looks bulkier, kind of like a WH40k plasma pistol so I do like it a bit. The light that comes out of the hidden barrel is brighter when the light is activated (the orange barrel is harder to light thru, I guess) - I can see the light spot on a wall about 30 feet away in a semi dark room. I can't with the blue part down.

The unit is electronic, of course. You pull the trigger and you get sounds (a variety) and lights (a variety of patterns, solid and flashing). If you hold the trigger it cycles thru them. Interestingly, in sword mode you do get a sort of "swoosh, clang" sound, tho since the blade lights up, I expected more of a lightsaber-like sound. The speaker is on that black ribbed part, fairly well hidden. It is a bit loud (as toy sounds tend to be). One thing I immensely dislike: one of the sounds is an "explosion" sound in gun mode that occurs after several shooting sounds (a star wars blaster my son has does the same thing). I can provide my own "kablooie" sounds, thank you very much. It interrupts my ability to lay down a long stream of suppressing fire on the enemy.

Finally, for you modders: the plastic does not seem brittle, it seems solid. I can't quite figure out how to take it apart yet without losing how the spring action works, but I haven't tried very hard either. There isn't much in the way that needs be scraped off (the manf logo is on the side). It seems fairly well detailed to pick out with just paint.

I hope this helps.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 04:31:30 am by modelmanjohn » Logged
maduncle
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

Indubitably...

@maduncle
« Reply #3610 on: February 26, 2011, 08:53:42 am »

I started on a little silver ray gun for the good lady wife, can't have my dearest strolling around Steampunk Melbourne unprotected from ne'er do wells and such like.

I have used a spray paint gun handle, a curtain rod end finial and a small sprinkler rose, which does make what I have built look just like a garden hose nozzle!

I am now hunting for an old valve with a 17mm diameter base (or less), so I can glue it into the back.

phrawgg
Gunner

« Reply #3611 on: February 28, 2011, 12:20:52 am »

I started on a little silver ray gun for the good lady wife, can't have my dearest strolling around Steampunk Melbourne unprotected from ne'er do wells and such like.

I have used a spray paint gun handle, a curtain rod end finial and a small sprinkler rose, which does make what I have built look just like a garden hose nozzle!

I am now hunting for an old valve with a 17mm diameter base (or less), so I can glue it into the back.

I don't normally like assemblage-based ray guns but this one makes my day.  Hooray for simple elegance!
Professor Griffiths
Snr. Officer

For God and Country!

« Reply #3612 on: March 08, 2011, 06:30:02 am »

This is originally my Vampire Hunting Gun Kit but after some thought, the 1851 Colt Navy Revolvers will fit perfect for my Steampunk Kit.

The reason they fit so well? They are cologne bottles and the handle is glass that used to be full of cologne. Which can now be explained as being a specially made gas canister that allows the pistol to fire gas propelled projectiles.

I also have a way to made more lead bullets that would have been used in that era, though I beleive mine are .50 and the 1851 fired .36.

I also own this sword, though my photo is no where near as clear as this one.

Mine:

Would this fit as a Steampunk style dagger on a belt? Ornate in nature, lethal in use?

Artfagdirtbug
Officer

« Reply #3613 on: March 08, 2011, 10:44:14 am »

One of my newest ray guns. Made from all steel with brass tubes and leather for the grip.
Artfagdirtbug
Officer

« Reply #3614 on: March 08, 2011, 11:16:07 am »

Hakim/mg34/fn/mg13. Awesome.
Professor Griffiths
Snr. Officer

For God and Country!

« Reply #3615 on: March 12, 2011, 03:40:31 am »

my newest addition. I'm not even sure I want to change anything with it. It looks pretty nice as is, might add some cogs and gears and other baubles though.

Introducing the Pressure Projectile Shotgun (Shotgun airsoft pistol)

codygearworks
Swab

A shameful path led us here

« Reply #3616 on: March 18, 2011, 06:53:11 am »

I have recently finished another minor prop gun project, and while I want to show it off, it doesn't quite deserve its own thread. Under the assumption that I am not the only one in this predicament, I have created a thread for anyone who wishes to flaunt their weaponry.

On that note: this is Chekhov, the newest darling in my personal arsenal, a rotary dial gun.

Here a water pistol i painted and added a clock face to.

You can see more of it here.
http://www.indiegogo.com/wiley

Kindly patronize my short moving picture CLICK HERE
Leadmill
Snr. Officer
England England

British Army liason on HMS Valkyrie

« Reply #3617 on: March 18, 2011, 11:28:40 pm »

A bit of heavy support for the Valkyrie crew!

Needs some detailing and some sanding/repainting in areas but i'm happy I got this far!
Professor Griffiths
Snr. Officer

For God and Country!

« Reply #3618 on: March 19, 2011, 12:54:42 am »

A bit of heavy support for the Valkyrie crew!

Needs some detailing and some sanding/repainting in areas but i'm happy I got this far!

Thats a real gun isn't it?
Leadmill
Snr. Officer
England England

« Reply #3619 on: March 19, 2011, 07:32:35 am »

Nope Smiley Wood and PVC piping!
Capt Mannfred Eckermann
Officer
Australia Australia

Keeping a weather eye

« Reply #3620 on: March 19, 2011, 10:50:29 am »

I agree that it could use a bit of finishing but I must say that it is a most impressive repeating firearm and I say "Huzzah!" as it is indeed a rip snorting peice of armament which I would like to have in our armoury!

Well done!

Eckermann
Capt, Marines,
Royal Dirigible Corp

For Queen and Country
Capt. Mannfred Eckermann, Marines
RDC
Leadmill
Snr. Officer
England England

« Reply #3621 on: March 19, 2011, 03:52:21 pm »

Thank you very much. Here is a pic of it in daylight.
Will be working on finishing it this weekend!
Professor Griffiths
Snr. Officer

For God and Country!

« Reply #3622 on: March 19, 2011, 07:13:16 pm »

Thank you very much. Here is a pic of it in daylight.
Will be working on finishing it this weekend!

Are those real shells being fed into it by belt?
Titus Wells
Zeppelin Captain
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Forward The Steamtomaton Apocalypse!

« Reply #3623 on: March 19, 2011, 09:26:54 pm »

Ah yes... the plastic pipe and bullets from Smiffy's perhaps?

From a production of the Scottish play a few years back... found this tripod at a german flea market.

"Who would have guessed that behind the formidable brow of his, which appeared to be made of some kind of rook, there lay so strange a mixture of memories and thoughts?"

maduncle
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

Indubitably...

@maduncle
« Reply #3624 on: March 20, 2011, 03:51:15 am »

Ah yes... the plastic pipe and bullets from Smiffy's perhaps?

From a production of the Scottish play a few years back... found this tripod at a german flea market.

Funny - but the line 'is this an armour piercing rapid fire heavy machine gun I see before me' doesn't ring any bells.

Lovely prop work.
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 [145] 146 147 148 149 150   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: