The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
September 18, 2019, 12:37:00 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Meet-up in Whitby (UK)  (Read 1446 times)
SteamBlast Mary
Zeppelin Admiral
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Gravatar

A spanner in the works

« on: April 28, 2008, 01:14:55 pm »

Sorry to post this retrospectively as it happened last weekend (26th April), but all being well there will be another at the October Whitby Gothic Weekend: (http://wgw.topmum.co.uk/).

Satuday's meet was a tremendous occasion with people meeting, chatting and bouncing ideas around in the superb setting on Sherlock's Victorian Tea Room in historic Whitby. Hopefully the photos taken will be available soon so i will be sure to post them. We had people there from as far a field as Edinbrough, Brighton and a couple from South Africa originally (Me: "What brought you over to England?" Mr A: "an enormous Flying Machine!").

This is a very exciting time to be involved & i for one am looking forward to this developing & expanding.

"Steampunk- it's a blast!"

'I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night’
Unkillable cat
Snr. Officer

« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2008, 02:57:19 pm »

Sorry myself and Lady Alandra missed it, we were unaware of it until the last minute but even then given the wrong location. We will be attending the October event as usual though so will try to make it for that.
As a side note, anyone else notice more police about than usual this year?

Matt_Splicer
Snr. Officer

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2008, 07:52:52 pm »

Howdy ma'am, i was at there. It was a good meet, and a good saloon (Even if i couldn't get no bourbon). Will see y'all in the fall at the next one.

projects started:18, ray guns: 12,  costumes: 3
other: 3

completed: tbc
Captain_Sadeian
Officer

Smuggler, inventor, Mechalchemical Artisan

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2008, 10:38:21 am »

I had posted about this meet but didn't get much of a reponse. It was really nice to have so many people turn up, the final attendance being just over 30 people. Considering when I originally arranged the meet I had only booked for 8 people (pessimistic fool that I am). I must say it was rather a shock to walk in and find ten people already sitting there. As for for the nameless person who said I would be late for my own meet-up, you were right  Smiley .

I will be organising another meet for October and actually went into Sherlocks on the Monday in order to discuss this with the management. Also I have more photographers requesting that they be allowed to attend. Would anyone have a problem with this?

Join the coalitions fight against enemies from the Aether!
A free online steampunk adventure!
www.sadeian.org
Unkillable cat
Snr. Officer

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2008, 01:32:03 pm »

As to the photographers as you probably know yourself, if your dressed interestingly you will get asked for a photo every 20 feet or so, and after a while you just get used to it so I cant see it being a problem.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: