The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
March 09, 2021, 07:46:54 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What's your poison?  (Read 54777 times)
Rev. Jade
Zeppelin Captain
United States United States

Preacher of Ancient Ways, Captain of S.S. Mjöllnir

jadedhero1331
« Reply #550 on: August 16, 2013, 07:41:51 pm »

Behold, the astounding powers of my THREAD-CROMANCY!

Apologies if this has been posted about before, but I just stumbled upon this rum yesterday, and could not resist purchasing and sharing it.

Keeper of the Watchhouse at the Edge of the World

Come talk brewing with us over at The Brewers' Guild!
D.Oakes
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #551 on: January 28, 2014, 08:25:02 pm »

I must open this back up again....

I was chasing some sort of illness out today (flu, bad cold, or malaria relapse.....so many options) and decided to mix a Cinnamon Rum with a generic version of Dr. Pepper....I must say....I hate Dr. Pepper, but this is epic....

"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over." -Rhett Butler
Keith_Beef
Snr. Officer
France France

« Reply #552 on: January 28, 2014, 10:09:58 pm »

At the moment, my beer fridge is stocked with
  • Chimay blue label
  • Chimay red label
  • Duvel triple hop
  • Pelforth Brune
  • Pelforth Blonde

I call it my beer fridge, but there is a bit of room left over for a bottle of Dillon rum (from Martinique, French West Indies), a few bottles of white wine (Loupiac, Bergerac Moelleux, Sauternes, Barsac) and some cider from Brittany.

There might also be a bottle or two of Fentiman's GInger Beer, Curiosity Cola and Lemonade, too.

Oh, and in the freezer there's a bottle of Moskovskaja and one of Samogonka Pertsovka. Cheesy

--
Keith
Voltin
Zeppelin Captain

Mystery Airship Captain

« Reply #553 on: March 10, 2014, 09:15:38 pm »

At the moment it is Angry Orchard Apple Ginger Cider with a dash of Dashfire Bitters Vintage Orange No. 1.

Also a Wasabi Flavored Martini's  Smiley

"We often mingle with the world, but our discovery is hidden away, as it can be in a small compass, and no one suspects who or what we are. We pass as tourists among our fellow-men" - Mystery Airship Pilot 1858-1898
Keith_Beef
Snr. Officer
France France

« Reply #554 on: March 10, 2014, 09:59:03 pm »

At the moment it is Angry Orchard Apple Ginger Cider with a dash of Dashfire Bitters Vintage Orange No. 1.

Also a Wasabi Flavored Martini's  Smiley

Now that's something I've not heard of before: Wasabi Martini! Would you care to share your recipe with us?

My local wine merchant had no Angostura Orange Bitters when I asked for a bottle a couple of months ago. I happened to pop in last week and he'd started stocking it. He'd also got in two or three different kinds of vodka I'd happened to mention while talking with his sales assistant. Cheesy
George Salt
Zeppelin Captain
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #555 on: March 12, 2014, 11:50:08 pm »

I don't normally drink vodka, if it's in the house at all it's usually because I've got a liqueur recipe I want to follow and the original author insists that it can't be made with gin.  Although I haven't found a recipe that in reality doesn't work with gin in place of vodka yet.

But, for my birthday a friend brought me a bottle of Longshore which is distilled by Adnams.  And I have to say that it's rather nice and has a distinctive flavour, almost like a very light gin.
Keith_Beef
Snr. Officer
France France

« Reply #556 on: March 13, 2014, 08:08:17 am »

I don't normally drink vodka, if it's in the house at all it's usually because I've got a liqueur recipe I want to follow and the original author insists that it can't be made with gin.  Although I haven't found a recipe that in reality doesn't work with gin in place of vodka yet.

But, for my birthday a friend brought me a bottle of Longshore which is distilled by Adnams.  And I have to say that it's rather nice and has a distinctive flavour, almost like a very light gin.

I'm not at all fond of gin. For me, it seems like drinking perfume. I quite like juniper berries, and often use them when cooking porc or Alsatian sauerkraut (choucroute); for the German version, I use cumin. Ooh, that's got me thinking… I've not had any Akvavit or Kümmel for a while.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: