The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
November 22, 2019, 02:03:18 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 47   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Melbourne/Victoria Meetup? **Swap meet still going ahead! Mutants be damned!**  (Read 134250 times)
Redmund Playfoot
« Reply #300 on: January 02, 2009, 12:07:07 pm »

I'm working on the 11th and every sat/sun thereafter. I wont be able to shop with you all Cry But give me a heads up if there are any great finds.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2009, 02:36:20 pm by Redmund Playfoot » Logged
MissTwist
Officer
Australia Australia

« Reply #301 on: January 03, 2009, 12:01:06 am »

Just checked the Camberwell Market website http://www.sundaymarket.com.au/home_set.htm and it IS on this coming sunday the 4th.

I won't be able to make this one as I am in the middle of deck building at home (plus I have fire brigade station duty on the first Sunday of every month) BUT I plan to be there on the 11th if anyone else want's to meet up.

I don't know I'd be able to make it but count me as an interested party.

As for other steampunk activities - I am talking to the organisers of Euchronia and founders of the league about the chance of curating an exhibition later in the year, if I can get this off the ground and make it part of Fringe Festival then we might have some real fun creating steampunk settings and dioramas (I am thinking along the lines of a steampunk museum...)

Hmmm...

Oh good lord *headdesk* I.... I WANT to, but with my schedule for art and sewing this year as it is I don't think I could squeeze another project in. If you get it up please do let me know though and i'll see if I have cleared enough off of my schedule to shove something else in
MsSerendipitySwan
Deck Hand
Australia Australia

« Reply #302 on: January 03, 2009, 12:16:02 pm »

A scavenger hunt at the market sounds delightful. Miss Alexandra, Master Lawson and myself will be in attendance for sure.

At what time do we gather?  I have to plan the journey from Darraweit Guim, which can be long and arduous in adverse conditions.

Polarity is a wonderful thing.
Redmund Playfoot
« Reply #303 on: January 03, 2009, 12:38:50 pm »

edit: Argh, something has to come up doesn't it?! I won't be heading out tomorrow. Sad
« Last Edit: January 03, 2009, 03:36:55 pm by Redmund Playfoot » Logged
wildilocks
Gunner
Australia Australia

Mme Ermyntrude Millais

« Reply #304 on: January 04, 2009, 06:34:13 am »

Jeremy and I will be able to make it on the 11th to Camberwell: we might not be @ the markets before 9-10am though, as we are not early risers!

We also went to see City of Ember yesterday at The Sun Theatre, Yarraville (which is the only theatre it is playing in). Not only is this movie delightfully steamy, but the Sun Theatre is absolutely gorgeous, with 30's decor, wonderfully renovated interior, plush leather seats better than most Gold Class type seating, it even has wooden popcorn/drink nooks! The movie may only play a few more days due to lack of patronage (!!!) and it's only on at 3pm in the afternoon; if they have enough people go this week it may get extended another week, and I'd happily see it again next Sunday if anyone else were keen, or if there was enough interest we could maybe request a group booking? Any hands up? It could be a merry old day on the 11th if so!

Follow the Antipodean League of Temporal Voyagers on Twitter!
GypsyGurl
Officer
Australia Australia

A Dancer with Steampunk tendencies...

« Reply #305 on: January 04, 2009, 08:15:29 am »

Hulloh to you southerners from sunny Canberra! *GG waves*

Appears you guys were lucky enough to have had a brilliant NYE celebration of your own - tell us more! Or is there another thread I have yet to discover  (?) having just popped bacck after being off BG for awhile.... **EDIT - Never mind - just found the Euchronia thread and look 4ward to hearing all about it!

Also, wanted to pipe up and agree with Wildilocks re City of Ember - great movie. Not brilliantly complex in storyline but well photographed and worth seeing.
Beware the Mole moster thingo though...it scared the absolute crap outta me! Undecided
« Last Edit: January 04, 2009, 08:20:05 am by GypsyGurl » Logged

"If you'll release restrain me, whatever you ask for ransom, you'll get it I promise you." What Princess Buttercup (The Princess Bride) SHOULD have said...
maduncle
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

Indubitably...

@maduncle
« Reply #306 on: January 04, 2009, 12:00:57 pm »

Jeremy and I will be able to make it on the 11th to Camberwell: we might not be @ the markets before 9-10am though, as we are not early risers!

Excellent - excellent!

Please arrive later as you wish, I do look forward to meeting you both. Perhaps we could aim to regroup in the central covered walkway of the market (top end) around 10am? Otherwise call or SMS the maduncle on 0448 324 309 on the day once you are there.

Mr. Rin and I (and others if there) will be trawling the stalls. (PS Rowan - check your PM, I have something for you...)

I am looking forward to the market on the 11th - even if I find nothing the treasures will be found in meeting fellow tinkerers (ergh - that was a bit soppy)

'...within interventions distance of the embassy...
Lt. Lily Shaw
Officer
Australia Australia

« Reply #307 on: January 04, 2009, 12:41:52 pm »

Hey guys, i'm going to try to make it on the 11th, if I can.
I'm going back home to Ballarat for a week or so tomorrow, so hopefully I'll be back in Melbourne on the right day. Smiley

If not, then the next week!
I am most certainly an early riser, however my current transport is not! So unfortunately it won't be 7am for me T_T
Prof Eumides Blakehurst
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

Scientist by Training, Mad by Practice.

« Reply #308 on: January 05, 2009, 12:15:03 am »

Gracious!

102 posts from you and I haven't realised that you are also here in Canberra! Something should be arranged here in town in due course!

There is no god and Dawkins is his prophet.
maduncle
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

Indubitably...

@maduncle
« Reply #309 on: January 05, 2009, 12:17:21 am »

Gracious!

102 posts from you and I haven't realised that you are also here in Canberra! Something should be arranged here in town in due course!

Careful - there are laws in Canberra about two or more people with a particular interest meeting in a public place!

maduncle
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

Indubitably...

@maduncle
« Reply #310 on: January 05, 2009, 03:32:40 am »

Update on my plans for the 11th...

Given ElShogottho's terrible loss of all things tactile (see the 'welcome to hell' post) I will be looking out for small neat steampunkish parts to package up in a 'red cross care package' to send to 'shoggy in Germany.

I will cover the postage of a reasonable sized Australia Post box under 3 kilos.

If anyone else on the day wants to spend a couple of dollars on a bit of market junk and attach a small note of support to it for the care package - feel free to do so. I will try to find some swing tag notes we can tie on the small things.

Rowan of Rin
Zeppelin Admiral
Australia Australia

~The Black Blood Alchemist~

« Reply #311 on: January 05, 2009, 04:07:14 am »

Brilliant thinking, I also can't wait to meet you all on Sunday, seems like it will be quite a gathering!

Cliff; I won't be able to be at the market at 7, as I must rely on public transport to get there, and the earliest it will wing me there is around 8.30, alas. So I will let you know when I arrive.

I'm as mad as I am, but no madder!
Live in Victoria? Check out the Victoria Meet Up Thread!
maduncle
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

Indubitably...

@maduncle
« Reply #312 on: January 05, 2009, 04:18:22 am »

Brilliant thinking, I also can't wait to meet you all on Sunday, seems like it will be quite a gathering!

Cliff; I won't be able to be at the market at 7, as I must rely on public transport to get there, and the earliest it will wing me there is around 8.30, alas. So I will let you know when I arrive.

No problem see you around 8:30 (you need to buy an old Wolseley) - check your PM for goodies photos
GypsyGurl
Officer
Australia Australia

« Reply #313 on: January 05, 2009, 09:51:37 am »

Gracious!

Wink Well, I have been inactive on BG for wee while due to other events keeping me too busy...

We do know of several other peeps locally that are into or very interested in Steampunk...
Hmmm, shall we adjourn to the drawing room for a cigar and wee dram? i.e. start up a Canaberra meetup thread?  Wink
GypsyGurl
Officer
Australia Australia

« Reply #314 on: January 05, 2009, 09:52:49 am »

Gracious!

Careful - there are laws in Canberra about two or more people with a particular interest meeting in a public place!

Oh Yes...and they get broken ALL the time  Wink
Prof Eumides Blakehurst
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

Scientist by Training, Mad by Practice.

« Reply #315 on: January 05, 2009, 09:57:50 pm »

Hmmm, shall we adjourn to the drawing room for a cigar and wee dram? i.e. start up a Canaberra meetup thread?  Wink

Done!  http://brassgoggles.co.uk/bg-forum/index.php?topic=13161.0

Melbourne types most welcome when you're in town!  Smiley
Rosalie
Gunner

« Reply #316 on: January 06, 2009, 10:37:17 am »

7am you say? I may just make that...Can't stay til the 10.30 mark, as odd as it sounds I have to dash off to make my living as a fairy (I'm a children's entertainer). I don't know anyone, but it'd be great fun to meet new people (is there any way to say that and not sound like a sap?)
MissTwist
Officer
Australia Australia

« Reply #317 on: January 06, 2009, 11:37:32 am »

Unfortunantly due to prior artistic and commision commitments I won't be there, but do ahev fun. I hope I can make the next one
Rowan of Rin
Zeppelin Admiral
Australia Australia

~The Black Blood Alchemist~

« Reply #318 on: January 06, 2009, 01:26:47 pm »

A shame you won't be able to make it Miss Twist, but there will definitely be more!

Change of plans, I will be able to make it at 7, so I will be able to meet you Rosalie, before you suddenly turn into a fairy Smiley
maduncle
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

Indubitably...

@maduncle
« Reply #319 on: January 06, 2009, 11:25:56 pm »

A shame you won't be able to make it Miss Twist, but there will definitely be more!

Change of plans, I will be able to make it at 7, so I will be able to meet you Rosalie, before you suddenly turn into a fairy Smiley

Excellent - three early birds to get the steamworms. Meet at the top of the covered walkway near the Rotary caravan then?

I shall wear my natty new grey waiste-coat, steel goggly specs on head and steamy gearbrooch on chest as identification for tinkerers (other than Mr.Rin) whom do not know me by sight.

And Rowan I shall have the monocular cube with me...
orangealert
Deck Hand
Australia Australia

« Reply #320 on: January 07, 2009, 05:32:26 pm »

I'd love to meet, but have to be down the Mornington Peninsula this early Sunday, hope to make the next one.
CaptainPhania
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

Captain who bought her commission.

« Reply #321 on: January 09, 2009, 10:06:26 am »

I shall (al)most certainly be attending this Sunday at around 10. If the weather permits me to wear my new dress, then you can't miss me. In any case, I shall be at the walkway.
Fiachna
Gunner
Australia Australia

« Reply #322 on: January 09, 2009, 12:15:54 pm »

ergh... had to be sunday... I won't be able to make it due to being hung over and very tired from my saturday night. Oh well.
maduncle
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

Indubitably...

@maduncle
« Reply #323 on: January 09, 2009, 11:05:48 pm »

ergh... had to be sunday... I won't be able to make it due to being hung over and very tired from my saturday night. Oh well.

You have already decided to be tired and hung over on Sunday - WOW - that's forward planning!

Just crawl up there by ten and wear very dark goggle, groan a lot and drink coffee with us.

BTW - Kudos to Prof. Blakehurst, he has chipped in most generously to the 'elShoggotho care package from the Antipodes' fund. We have a good base now to buy trinkets from.

See some of you on Sunday!
SilasHarridenMD
Officer
Australia Australia

The best kind of Fusion... is confusion!

« Reply #324 on: January 10, 2009, 03:51:31 am »

I like Fiachna may also be in this state, but i'll be close to a train station at about 5 in the morn so i may attempt to come this time!
REDBULLS FOR HARRIDEN!!!
Oh and i've never been to the camberwell market and have no clue as to get there so if you here of a steam enthusiast being killed by a train (how ironic) you'll know what happened to me!
« Last Edit: January 10, 2009, 03:54:38 am by SilasHarridenMD » Logged

Proper Smashing!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 47   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: