The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
November 22, 2019, 06:14:51 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 47   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Melbourne/Victoria Meetup? **Swap meet still going ahead! Mutants be damned!**  (Read 134242 times)
Bezier
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

Captain between crews

« Reply #200 on: November 25, 2008, 12:04:59 am »

Oh I'm sorry, I forgot to say. Against my own wishes, I will be forced to stay at the YHA in North Melbourne, but pretty much everywhere in the main city area is reasonably easy for me to get to.
Rowan of Rin
Zeppelin Admiral
Australia Australia

~The Black Blood Alchemist~

« Reply #201 on: November 25, 2008, 12:29:08 am »

Well, in that cast, lets make it Flinders Street Station, seeing as all the trains leave from there!

I'm as mad as I am, but no madder!
Live in Victoria? Check out the Victoria Meet Up Thread!
Bezier
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

Captain between crews

« Reply #202 on: November 25, 2008, 12:36:25 am »

Sure thing. Flinders street station was basically the rally point last time I was in Melbourne, I just remembered.
Rowan of Rin
Zeppelin Admiral
Australia Australia

« Reply #203 on: November 25, 2008, 12:54:39 am »

So you will have no problem finding your way there? We can work out details later, I must be off to the city now myself!
The Lone Cat Charmer
Officer
Australia Australia

Steam it!

« Reply #204 on: November 25, 2008, 01:12:12 pm »

Ah gentlemen, for this small little hey-ho on Sunday I shall be there, 10am sounds good, however... I shall only be with you chaps for probably half an hour, before I run off to church... (as like the previous time)
But THEN I will be back again and will seek you fellows out wherever you may be!

Soon I shall train a cat... to sit on my head... everyday
Horse Brass
Zeppelin Overlord
Australia Australia

« Reply #205 on: November 26, 2008, 03:37:25 am »

Well, life appears to have stopped doing it's all-enveloping air kraken act on me for now, so I might actually be able to escape on Sunday to meet people!
Not sure what time or how long I'll have, but I shall do my best.

"Not without my hat." - Scott Anger, The Dame was Loaded
Rowan of Rin
Zeppelin Admiral
Australia Australia

« Reply #206 on: November 26, 2008, 04:55:44 am »

Well, life appears to have stopped doing it's all-enveloping air kraken act on me for now, so I might actually be able to escape on Sunday to meet people!

I would love to have you present! Please keep us updated on your movements, so we can best plan when and where etc. Smiley
maduncle
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

Indubitably...

@maduncle
« Reply #207 on: November 26, 2008, 12:13:59 pm »

Lovely stuff - a group get together at the market, I wish I could be there but Sunday morning I am going to go and set fire to some stuff to see how well it burns (look for smoke), and then put it out.

After a thorough hosing down I will then be presenting my (soggy) self to a family lunch do.

I hope to make it to the market once more before Christmas - meanwhile put your collective thinking helmets on for ideas for...

...steampunk doorbells! (Once I have made one it will be a new tactile thread).

enjoy the junk!

'...within interventions distance of the embassy...
Rowan of Rin
Zeppelin Admiral
Australia Australia

« Reply #208 on: November 26, 2008, 01:56:17 pm »

...steampunk doorbells! (Once I have made one it will be a new tactile thread).

Well, obviously it must have a ridiculously over-the-top mechanism, for all to see, that sets about the bell ringing. I see a lot of gears in your future...
Prof Eumides Blakehurst
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

Scientist by Training, Mad by Practice.

« Reply #209 on: November 27, 2008, 12:37:57 am »

mput your collective thinking helmets on for ideas for...

...steampunk doorbells! (Once I have made one it will be a new tactile thread).enjoy the junk!

This

Connected to

that

With extra mechanicals.  Smiley

There is no god and Dawkins is his prophet.
maduncle
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

Indubitably...

@maduncle
« Reply #210 on: November 28, 2008, 01:17:46 am »

...and I just found my new front door ( Shocked Shocked Shocked)

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150311925706&_trksid=p3907.m32&_trkparms=tab%3DWatching

Hope the link works - anyone close enough to Balmain to get a hold of this amazing piece of steampunk finery?
Rowan of Rin
Zeppelin Admiral
Australia Australia

« Reply #211 on: November 28, 2008, 01:28:23 am »

BLIMEY. That is amazing. That is one of the best knife switches I have ever seen, that would indeed make the best lab door in the history of lab doors  Shocked
Prof Eumides Blakehurst
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

Scientist by Training, Mad by Practice.

« Reply #212 on: November 28, 2008, 04:57:32 am »

Argh!

Apart from the knife switch (which can be scratch built), all the stuff on the panel can be assembled.

BUT WHAT ABOUT THE ORIGINAL MARBLE SLAB??

I have a 65cm x 130cm x 3cm marble slab in the kitchen which is a JOY to work with on esoteric cooking projects, and the idea of someone getting rid of a marble slab, even one with holes drilled in it, is just WRONG.

The holes could be filled, and then your cast iron, brass finished claw-footed bath tub placed on top...

Sorry. <Gets down of rant horse.> I now return you to your scheduled programming.

You can, of course, PM Miss Flynn MacCallister and who seems to be regularly back on the forum, and see what she can do for you.
Horse Brass
Zeppelin Overlord
Australia Australia

« Reply #213 on: November 28, 2008, 12:38:50 pm »

I would love to have you present! Please keep us updated on your movements, so we can best plan when and where etc. Smiley

Flinders St at 10am would be good for me also, as it gives me a chance to go via another small market I passed last Sunday. I saw a few nice items there, including a brass pressure gauge, but alas, while I was off getting the necessary cash, they packed up and left! I just hope they return this Sunday, with the bits I want.

(And now I'm wondering how my landlord would react if I stole maduncle's 'front door' and used it myself...  Smiley )
maduncle
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

Indubitably...

@maduncle
« Reply #214 on: November 28, 2008, 01:20:16 pm »

I agree Professor - I also 'aaarghed' when I realised the original marble was gone, but then to be a door it would be better in wood.

All I want is a very big knife sswtich as I have the rest and the photos of real panels to mock up my own (complete with doorbell).

Enjoy Camberwell on Sunday folks.
CaptainPhania
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

Captain who bought her commission.

« Reply #215 on: November 28, 2008, 11:58:34 pm »

There's a 98% possibility of me joining you all on Sunday at Flinders Street at 10. There's also a 60% chance I'll bring my friend. So, hopefully, I'll see you there!
Rowan of Rin
Zeppelin Admiral
Australia Australia

« Reply #216 on: November 29, 2008, 03:04:08 am »

Well, it seems like there might be a small crowd!
Also, I am liking the odds of your attendance Cap'n, hope to see you there! We should bring along some recognisery device. Any thoughts?
maduncle
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

Indubitably...

@maduncle
« Reply #217 on: November 29, 2008, 11:39:42 am »

Try the old 'pin the gearwheel on the lapel' trick - worked last time.

Make sure to take group photo's Rowan - they can go on the blog.

Enjoy!
Rowan of Rin
Zeppelin Admiral
Australia Australia

« Reply #218 on: November 29, 2008, 01:47:00 pm »

Will do Smiley

Also, just a reminder people can reach me on 0432553500 if they need. See you lot there!
Bezier
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

Captain between crews

« Reply #219 on: November 30, 2008, 10:31:23 am »

Will do Smiley

Also, just a reminder people can reach me on 0432553500 if they need. See you lot there!

... Everybody appeared to be lazy ):

Phania, did you end up actually showing up? We didn't find you.
CaptainPhania
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

« Reply #220 on: November 30, 2008, 11:01:30 am »

Phania, did you end up actually showing up? We didn't find you.
I was about half an hour late due to unforseen circumstances  Cry I kept an eye out, thought I might have seen you all in the distance on Flinders, but I could have imagined it.
I was planning on then going to Camberwell to find you all, but I had to be in Daylesford by afternoon.
Another time, then.
Rowan of Rin
Zeppelin Admiral
Australia Australia

« Reply #221 on: November 30, 2008, 11:23:35 am »

Sorry we missed you Phania, we waited at Flinders Street for just under half an hour, so you might have seen us! We had to leave as Bezier only had limited time, but I am sure we can organise another meet up very soon!

I was great to meet you Bezier, and to meet up with HorseBrass again, what a bunch of interesting chaps Smiley
Horse Brass
Zeppelin Overlord
Australia Australia

« Reply #222 on: November 30, 2008, 12:26:13 pm »

It wasn't these two you saw was it Captain Phania?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

(Notice how I cunningly kept myself out of the photo.  Wink )

CaptainPhania
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

« Reply #223 on: November 30, 2008, 01:06:53 pm »

It wasn't these two you saw was it Captain Phania?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

(Notice how I cunningly kept myself out of the photo.  Wink )

Quite possibly! My long-range ocular abilities are not exactly world-renowned. Nor is my attention span. It is entirely possible that I walked past you all at some point on my way in. I was having an argument with my parents while ten o'clock came around, and then we realised that I'd have to go in by car, and so on, so by the time I got there, there was little to no trace, and then it was off to Daylesford. Sorry!
Next time I will be extremely early, I promise. And easily identifiable.
The Lone Cat Charmer
Officer
Australia Australia

Steam it!

« Reply #224 on: November 30, 2008, 04:28:27 pm »

My apologies to all, I too became very late and therefore changed direction, en route straight to church instead.
Next time, I will organise my time a little bit more carefully... probably camp at a mate's house before riding north to the market early in the morn' before the sun rises!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 47   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: