The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
August 08, 2020, 03:05:07 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Melbourne/Victoria Meetup? **Swap meet still going ahead! Mutants be damned!**  (Read 138425 times)
maduncle
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

Indubitably...

@maduncle
« Reply #1100 on: April 03, 2011, 11:34:48 am »

Okay folks - so who is going to 'Time Machine' next Friday? I have finished my new outfit and I am looking forward to a fun evening.

Meanwhile I now find myself at Camberwell Market every Sunday hunting down stock for our shop (and bits for me).

So if anyone is interested in catching up there let me know.

Except for Sunday 10th April, we are going to Castlemaine for the big flea market - woo hoo!

'...within interventions distance of the embassy...
Mistress Bethany Wells
Deck Hand
Australia Australia

« Reply #1101 on: April 03, 2011, 01:21:42 pm »

I'm all set for Time Machine on Friday, my steampunk debut. I'm very excited!
Horse Brass
Zeppelin Overlord
Australia Australia

« Reply #1102 on: April 06, 2011, 05:15:47 am »

As some non-steampunk friends are planning to go to this, and I unexpectedly have this Sunday free, I've just made a last minute booking for the train. Is anyone else from BG likely to appear?

"Not without my hat." - Scott Anger, The Dame was Loaded
MsSerendipitySwan
Deck Hand
Australia Australia

« Reply #1103 on: April 06, 2011, 06:05:55 am »

I'm trying to find times for the train...just started  looking now.  I'd love to take Mastr Lawson and Miss Alexandra!

Polarity is a wonderful thing.
MsSerendipitySwan
Deck Hand
Australia Australia

« Reply #1104 on: April 06, 2011, 06:32:48 am »

One way or another, we're in. I presume we pay on the day?  see you all at the station, 9 o'clock sharp.
Horse Brass
Zeppelin Overlord
Australia Australia

« Reply #1105 on: April 06, 2011, 01:42:00 pm »

The train booking link I was given for the steampunk carriages was http://www.trybooking.com/Booking/BookingEventSummary.aspx?eid=8067, which departs Belgrave at 10:15. I paid when I booked, I didn't look for other options.
There's a tiny bit more information at http://www.puffingbilly.com.au/?id=localevents.

I can find 2 options for getting myself to Belgrave, one gets me there at 10am, if nothing goes wrong, and the other gets me there at 9:20am, if I leave the house an hour and a half earlier. I shall have to see just how early I can leave.

ScytheKnight
Officer
Australia Australia

Mysterious Figure

ScytheKnight84
« Reply #1106 on: April 20, 2011, 12:29:39 am »

Anyone know for sure if Camberwell Market will be open this weekend? Going by the info on the website I believe they will be but hard to say for sure...

"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."

H.P. Lovecraft

"The Call of Cthulhu."

Are you living in the real world?

Cowboy Bebop, The Movie.
maduncle
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

Indubitably...

@maduncle
« Reply #1107 on: April 20, 2011, 04:11:21 am »

Anyone know for sure if Camberwell Market will be open this weekend? Going by the info on the website I believe they will be but hard to say for sure...

No idea actually - I will be on a Melbourne to Adelaide and return two-state junk shop scavenging tour.
The Lone Cat Charmer
Officer
Australia Australia

Steam it!

« Reply #1108 on: May 06, 2011, 12:36:19 pm »

Evening Chaps and Chapettes!
Hope to see some of you at the (steam)Pump! that be tomorrow evening!

Soon I shall train a cat... to sit on my head... everyday
maduncle
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

Indubitably...

@maduncle
« Reply #1109 on: May 06, 2011, 12:38:39 pm »

Evening Chaps and Chapettes!
Hope to see some of you at the (steam)Pump! that be tomorrow evening!

Indubitably.

I look forward to remaking your acquaintance.
Sorontar
Zeppelin Admiral
Australia Australia

All ideas should have wings

« Reply #1110 on: May 10, 2011, 05:13:51 am »

For those who want to organise future events, an associate has noted the following in the Victorian State Budget (http://www.propertyoz.com.au/vic/Article/NewsDetail.aspx?p=16&id=4339):

• $10 million to open unused railway station buildings for community and sporting groups

You never know, we might be able to get use of some of the more historical buildings.... eventually.

Sorontar

Sorontar, Captain of 'The Aethereal Dancer'
Advisor to HM Engineers on matters aethereal, aeronautic and cosmographic
http://eyrie.sorontar.com
Horse Brass
Zeppelin Overlord
Australia Australia

« Reply #1111 on: May 19, 2011, 01:33:04 pm »

Just a note for anyone thinking of going to the Camberwell swap meet this Sunday, Steamrail are running shuttle trips between Camberwell and Mitcham. They will most likely use a K class steam loco on each end of the train.
http://www.steamrail.com.au/documents/brochures/2011/2011-05-22_Camberwell_Shuttles.pdf

I won't be going myself, I am staying home as much as possible until my chest infection clears. Although I am supposed to breathe steam.  Smiley

« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 10:34:48 pm by Horse Brass » Logged
maduncle
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

Indubitably...

@maduncle
« Reply #1112 on: August 19, 2011, 12:00:37 am »

Wake up Melbournian steampunkers!!!

Gosh - we have not posted here since May and there has been a lot happenning since then.

Firstly, our shop is open - 'the manufactory' at 810 High Street Thornbury and the range of steampunk ephemera is selling rather well. In fact, I am trying to keep up with demand by sourcing more items and making more doo dads.

I have been asked to exhibit in QLD late next year in a HUGE steampunk event - not dissimilar to the Oxford show in 2009.

Rather than go it alone, I have a few ideas for some collaborative works and I am looking for collaborators.

If anyone is intersted - let me know and we can meet for a chat. I am now regularly at Camberwell market very early on Sundays (usually there from 6am to 9am) as that is one of our chief stock suppliers for the shop - so maybe I will see you there.

Ella, Aerial Musketeer
Snr. Officer
Australia Australia

« Reply #1113 on: August 31, 2011, 09:37:12 am »

i am going to tentatively ask will there be a meetup sooner or later?
maduncle
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

Indubitably...

@maduncle
« Reply #1114 on: August 31, 2011, 02:58:52 pm »

Camberwell market on Sunday 4 September, I will be there rummaging and it would be lovely to meet some others for tea.
ChainTool
Swab

Australia Australia

« Reply #1115 on: September 05, 2011, 01:08:02 am »

Ether Feast at Qualia Lounge

Tonight we invite you to join us on a journey to a corner of our universe that parallels our world in time, but not technology. A place where coal powered machinery flourishes in place of the integrated circuit, where nylon and elastic has been replaced by leather and canvas. Our adventure will feature classical dishes from the Victorian era with a modern and molecular twist.

-Cheese Board and
-Czar Salad
-Earl Grey Consomme
-Dr J.H. Salisbury Steak
-Bread and Butter pudding with a single malt sauce
- Jekyll's Dragon, an absinthe and opium cocktail

Dress code is mandatory steampunk or formal wear with $20 discount for all dressed in Steampunk

Prebooking is encouraged as space is limited
(03) 9078 6099

https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=228928657157153
ChainTool
Swab

Australia Australia

« Reply #1116 on: September 05, 2011, 01:10:29 am »

Sorry, I just posted that in the wrong thread
bmgillies
Snr. Officer
Australia Australia

Maker of Cool Stuff

« Reply #1117 on: October 20, 2011, 12:37:07 pm »

Anything interesting happening in our wonderful city?

"This is a sticky situation, Baldrick. Stickier than when Sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun."
maduncle
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

Indubitably...

@maduncle
« Reply #1118 on: October 21, 2011, 02:39:26 am »

Always!

As far as steampunk goes, our shop now stocks modded goggles, modded headphones, ray guns and accessories.

But enough of the plug...

The Manufactory.
810 High Street Thornbury
Open Wednesday to Sunday 10am to 5pm
...for all your steampunk needs...

As for the rest of Melbourne, there may be another gallery exhibition of steampunk artefacts soon, I will post more when I know more.
bmgillies
Snr. Officer
Australia Australia

Maker of Cool Stuff

« Reply #1119 on: October 27, 2011, 11:50:43 am »

Always!

As far as steampunk goes, our shop now stocks modded goggles, modded headphones, ray guns and accessories.

But enough of the plug...

The Manufactory.
810 High Street Thornbury
Open Wednesday to Sunday 10am to 5pm
...for all your steampunk needs...

As for the rest of Melbourne, there may be another gallery exhibition of steampunk artefacts soon, I will post more when I know more.

Ooh, an exhibition you say?! Sounds exciting!!

I visited the shop a while back and left with many fun bits and pieces, but I must make a point of dropping by again.
maduncle
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

Indubitably...

@maduncle
« Reply #1120 on: December 19, 2011, 03:27:11 am »

Righto - it has been a long time between drinks here folks, so hre is some news.

Several of us Melbourne steampunkers are in the planning stage for an exhibition of steampunk artifacts and performances planned for early March at a store in Footscray.

There will be themed rooms on display, atrifacts, performances and music - and an opening night event.

I will post more as I know more - meanwhile I need to get cracking on one or two new projects...
Sorontar
Zeppelin Admiral
Australia Australia

All ideas should have wings

« Reply #1121 on: December 19, 2011, 06:03:32 am »

Wunderbar! Yeah, I am sorry that my other life has got in the way of my SP life. Hopefully we can all arrange things in the new year that we can all easily accommodate for.

Sorontar
Prof Eumides Blakehurst
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

Scientist by Training, Mad by Practice.

« Reply #1122 on: December 21, 2011, 10:50:09 am »

Hum, yes...

I took 'a month' out to work on stuff around the house and most of the year seems to have vanished. Eeep!

The 'efficiency dividend' has cut in here, and us contractors are being given a month off so we don't have to be paid... I do, however, intend to get down to Melbourne in the new year. Easter is looking good, if Mad Uncle is in town to have the shop open.

TTFN!

There is no god and Dawkins is his prophet.
maduncle
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

Indubitably...

@maduncle
« Reply #1123 on: December 22, 2011, 03:44:17 am »

Hum, yes...

I took 'a month' out to work on stuff around the house and most of the year seems to have vanished. Eeep!

The 'efficiency dividend' has cut in here, and us contractors are being given a month off so we don't have to be paid... I do, however, intend to get down to Melbourne in the new year. Easter is looking good, if Mad Uncle is in town to have the shop open.

TTFN!

Even if the shop is closed to the public, we will always open it on appointment for special guests.

Robo Von Bismark
Officer
Australia Australia

« Reply #1124 on: December 22, 2011, 05:09:04 am »

Righto - it has been a long time between drinks here folks, so hre is some news.

Several of us Melbourne steampunkers are in the planning stage for an exhibition of steampunk artifacts and performances planned for early March at a store in Footscray.

There will be themed rooms on display, atrifacts, performances and music - and an opening night event.

I will post more as I know more - meanwhile I need to get cracking on one or two new projects...

The store isnt "Post Industrial Design" is it?
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: