The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
August 08, 2020, 04:07:36 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Melbourne/Victoria Meetup? **Swap meet still going ahead! Mutants be damned!**  (Read 138428 times)
maduncle
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

Indubitably...

@maduncle
« Reply #1075 on: January 02, 2011, 04:42:47 am »

Before you all trot off to Camberwell Market to buy bits and bobs for your next steampunk project, since inspiration surely hit on New Years Eve whilst at Euchronia...

I am planning a 'steampunk garage sale' at my place in Bundoora. I have a garage and study overflowing with steampunk goodness in the form of parts, materials, accessories, ephemera, etcetera - and I need to both make space and make money to fund the 2011 steampunk build project.

So rather than flog stuff on via eBay, I am thinking of having an open day/garage sale/picnic in the park across the road/whatever sort of day.

Looking at the calendar - I could hold it late January, perhaps on the 29th January, on the 110th anniversary of the death of Queen Victoria.

If anyone is interested in attending a steampunk garage sale to buy bits, or if you also have a stack of stuff to shift and perhaps want to set up with me - then PM me or post a reply. I will advertise it locally as a general garage sale, but it will focus on steampunk parts.

'...within interventions distance of the embassy...
Prof Eumides Blakehurst
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

Scientist by Training, Mad by Practice.

« Reply #1076 on: January 02, 2011, 09:47:19 am »

Phphphffft!

Work gave all of contractors an unexpected fifteen-ish days off as a cost cutting measure, so I don't get paid until February. I'll come to the next one.

Though with easter and ANZAC day coinciding this year, I will probably be down then to annoy you all!  Cheesy

There is no god and Dawkins is his prophet.
Bezier
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

Captain between crews

« Reply #1077 on: January 05, 2011, 02:51:59 am »

A Steampunk garage sale? Sounds most interesting. I hope I would be able to make it, I need to pick up a few things...
maduncle
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

Indubitably...

@maduncle
« Reply #1078 on: January 05, 2011, 12:23:49 pm »

I may in fact put off the garage sale until easter, or even SteampumpII in May.

But - if there are particular things you are planning to build, please let me know and I will let you know what parts I have that may be of use to you.
maduncle
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

Indubitably...

@maduncle
« Reply #1079 on: January 24, 2011, 09:30:29 pm »

Okay steamfolks - here is one event you do not want to miss...

The 2011 Yarra Glen Swap Meet.

For those who have been there before, this is the best annual swap meet around for steampunk parts, I have been the past two years and I always come away with a backpack brimming with brass goodness.

This is also the place for those old military headphones.

Date - 13 February 2011.

Gates Open - 7am.

Location - Yarra Glen Racecourse.
maduncle
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

Indubitably...

@maduncle
« Reply #1080 on: February 05, 2011, 02:37:57 am »

Meanwhile...

Epping Swap Meet.

Sunday 6th February (tomorrow), opens at 7.30am.

Not a bad market last year, I got most of the parts to build the Rowanofski 7210 ray pistol that was in the Gentleman's Own Plutonain Adventure Kit.

I plan to go.

You know - I think this was the last time I ever saw Rowan of Rin - what ever became of that lad?
Prof Eumides Blakehurst
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

« Reply #1081 on: February 06, 2011, 11:10:04 pm »

You know - I think this was the last time I ever saw Rowan of Rin - what ever became of that lad?

Still around, but may need a little poking with something brassy!
maduncle
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

Indubitably...

@maduncle
« Reply #1082 on: February 07, 2011, 04:02:26 am »

Still around, but may need a little poking with something brassy!

Well - it's good to know he is still around, tell him I said 'Huzzah'.

The Epping market was okay - I did pick up an old Malvern Star bicycle tool kit in a leather satchel that buckles to your bicycle frame, as well as som other brass bits and bobs.
Prof Eumides Blakehurst
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

« Reply #1083 on: February 08, 2011, 10:08:52 pm »

The Epping market was okay - I did pick up an old Malvern Star bicycle tool kit in a leather satchel that buckles to your bicycle frame, as well as som other brass bits and bobs.

Nice - I still have my leather tool pouch from my first bike, and it's still holding up well.
maduncle
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

Indubitably...

@maduncle
« Reply #1084 on: February 08, 2011, 10:36:45 pm »

Nice - I still have my leather tool pouch from my first bike, and it's still holding up well.

I could take that response so totally out of context...

Harrumph - meanwhile, Yarra Glen swap meet this Sunday at the yarra Glen racecourse, opens to buyers at 8am, always a great spot for steampunk parts, I will be there first thing.
Mistress Bethany Wells
Deck Hand
Australia Australia

« Reply #1085 on: February 23, 2011, 09:00:28 am »

'I am planning a 'steampunk garage sale' at my place in Bundoora. '

Whilst this isn't quite related to this thread....What is there to do in Bundoora? I've only just moved here and I'm at a bit of a loss as far as entertainment and interesting things to do go.
Any suggestions would be much appreciated
maduncle
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

Indubitably...

@maduncle
« Reply #1086 on: February 23, 2011, 11:53:47 am »

'I am planning a 'steampunk garage sale' at my place in Bundoora. '

Whilst this isn't quite related to this thread....What is there to do in Bundoora? I've only just moved here and I'm at a bit of a loss as far as entertainment and interesting things to do go.
Any suggestions would be much appreciated

My dear,

Apart from visit the manufactory of Maduncle Industries and be amazed at the source of so much quality Antipodean Steampunk product - there is absolutely nothing to do in Bundoora.

For exciting places to go - please visit the Camberwell Market on any Sunday morning, the earlier the better, for all sorts of steampunk goodies.

Please make the effort to attend 'Steampumped' on the 7th of May in Melbourne (see the Steampump thread in Oceana) and consider this Fridays' Steampunk nightclub event organised by Omega (also on the Oceana thread).

Melbourne is undoubtedly the steampunk capital of the southern hemisphere - you have come to the right city.

~ maduncle ~

Praytell - from where have you moved?
Mistress Bethany Wells
Deck Hand
Australia Australia

« Reply #1087 on: February 24, 2011, 02:33:09 pm »

Hey there maduncle,
I've moved here from a tiny town near Horsham in Western Victoria. It's quite a backwards insular place in the world (as most small country towns are),with steampunk being basically unheard of. I'm so happy that I will finally be able to attend some events here that I have been following for so long.
Thank you for being so welcoming,
Miss Wells
maduncle
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

Indubitably...

@maduncle
« Reply #1088 on: March 13, 2011, 07:44:29 am »

There I was - trapped by a flea marketeer determined to sell me a bent enamel spoon for $25...

... no way out except to brave the 'valley of the shoes'...

... when out of the crowd strode a man. Bearded, determined and a true flea market explorer, ready for any challenge.

He dove to one side yelling 'oooh look - a small broken piece of shiny brass, exactly what I need, I must have it, how much is it?'

Distracted by his ploy the spoon man turned away and I made my escape, all thanks to...

'Rowan of Rin'!

(Welcome back lad - damn fine too see you again!)
Prof Eumides Blakehurst
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

« Reply #1089 on: March 14, 2011, 10:35:06 pm »

Yay!!

*Turns cartwheels of joy!*

Bearded ? This I have to see!  Wink
Rowan of Rin
Zeppelin Admiral
Australia Australia

~The Black Blood Alchemist~

« Reply #1090 on: March 15, 2011, 10:55:19 pm »

Hello all! I have battled giant mammoths, help defend a village of pygmies against a band of marauding goblins, and travelled many hours through the Straights of Darkness, but finally I can say. I. HAVE. RETURNED! (To my favourite online forum). Glad to be back Smiley

I'm as mad as I am, but no madder!
Live in Victoria? Check out the Victoria Meet Up Thread!
maduncle
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

Indubitably...

@maduncle
« Reply #1091 on: March 15, 2011, 11:28:55 pm »

HUZZAH!
SilasHarridenMD
Officer
Australia Australia

The best kind of Fusion... is confusion!

« Reply #1092 on: March 18, 2011, 06:57:58 am »

Bearded?!?

Yowza.

Have you guys heard about this

http://antipodeanleague.org/blog/2011/02/10/the-performing-and-visual-arts-in-emerald-pave-festival-vic/

Also They are looking for Steampunk stall holders.
Here is the info I got,

I write to you today with news of a very exciting event that is happening on Sunday April 10!
The PAVE (performing and visual arts) festival in Emerald has a Steam Age theme this year so will host a variety of displays and activities aimed at educating the public and celebrating this era.
Part of this festival includes a market, and the organisers are hoping to have a special area for Steampunkesque stalls, offering stalls at half price to those related to this theme. (only $30!) So naturally they came to us to help find interesting people to have a stall! So if you are a maker of wearables or artworks or anything really with a steampunk edge and would like any more information about getting a space to display and sell at the market, contact info@pave.com.au but hop to it as applications for stalls ends real soon! We'll be there in all our finery peddling the wares of a few of our more steampunky designers- so go on get involved! It'll be fun!

Now I think that email address may be info@pave.org.au

Hope you guys are going well.

Silas

Proper Smashing!
maduncle
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

Indubitably...

@maduncle
« Reply #1093 on: March 18, 2011, 10:36:47 am »

Bearded?!?

Yowza.

Have you guys heard about this

http://antipodeanleague.org/blog/2011/02/10/the-performing-and-visual-arts-in-emerald-pave-festival-vic/

Also They are looking for Steampunk stall holders.
Here is the info I got,

I write to you today with news of a very exciting event that is happening on Sunday April 10!
The PAVE (performing and visual arts) festival in Emerald has a Steam Age theme this year so will host a variety of displays and activities aimed at educating the public and celebrating this era.
Part of this festival includes a market, and the organisers are hoping to have a special area for Steampunkesque stalls, offering stalls at half price to those related to this theme. (only $30!) So naturally they came to us to help find interesting people to have a stall! So if you are a maker of wearables or artworks or anything really with a steampunk edge and would like any more information about getting a space to display and sell at the market, contact info@pave.com.au but hop to it as applications for stalls ends real soon! We'll be there in all our finery peddling the wares of a few of our more steampunky designers- so go on get involved! It'll be fun!

Now I think that email address may be info@pave.org.au

Hope you guys are going well.

Silas

Yes I did hear about PAVE - but my stocks are limited and I am holding on to my wares for sale for Time Machine @ Red Bennies and for Steampump(ed) as I have already made commitments there.

So far I have five sets of reconditioned and modded steampunk headphones for sale...
Mistress Bethany Wells
Deck Hand
Australia Australia

« Reply #1094 on: March 20, 2011, 11:44:55 am »

Headphones? That sounds exciting, can't wait to see some
CaptainPhania
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

Captain who bought her commission.

« Reply #1095 on: March 20, 2011, 02:45:00 pm »

Hello all! I have battled giant mammoths, help defend a village of pygmies against a band of marauding goblins, and travelled many hours through the Straights of Darkness, but finally I can say. I. HAVE. RETURNED! (To my favourite online forum). Glad to be back Smiley

Welcome back, Rowan! Please photoshop yourself battling a mammoth - I want this to be true Cheesy
maduncle
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

Indubitably...

@maduncle
« Reply #1096 on: March 20, 2011, 10:49:18 pm »

Headphones? That sounds exciting, can't wait to see some

Here they be.

http://www.austeampunk.blogspot.com/
Mistress Bethany Wells
Deck Hand
Australia Australia

« Reply #1097 on: March 27, 2011, 10:42:58 am »

Do any Melbournians feel like planning something to do in the city on a weekend sometime in the next couple of weeks?

Any ideas please feel free... I was thinking a picnic but the weather is getting quite cold

I need to fill in my weekends with a little fun and entertainment
maduncle
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

Indubitably...

@maduncle
« Reply #1098 on: March 27, 2011, 11:00:42 am »

Do any Melbournians feel like planning something to do in the city on a weekend sometime in the next couple of weeks?

Any ideas please feel free... I was thinking a picnic but the weather is getting quite cold

I need to fill in my weekends with a little fun and entertainment

Well - for a start, you should be attending Time Machine at Red Bennies in Prahran on Friday 8th Of April...

(It is on Facebook)
Mistress Bethany Wells
Deck Hand
Australia Australia

« Reply #1099 on: March 27, 2011, 11:52:47 am »

All set maduncle, I bought tickets last week and am very much looking forward to it
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: