The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
August 08, 2020, 04:28:10 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Melbourne/Victoria Meetup? **Swap meet still going ahead! Mutants be damned!**  (Read 138431 times)
Bezier
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

Captain between crews

« Reply #1050 on: October 03, 2010, 07:30:17 am »

I am not sure, but I think it unlikely I can attend any evening events in the near future, unfortunately. 'tis a pity, because I would very much like to attend Euchronia. Sad
CaptainPhania
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

Captain who bought her commission.

« Reply #1051 on: October 03, 2010, 12:53:24 pm »

I'll definitely be at Clockwork Butterfly on the 9th, and I'm aiming for Euchronia.

As to cons, this year the Armageddon Expo is on October 16th/17th and has Sylvester McCoy and Paul McGann among the guests.

I'm not sure of any cons that are directly relevant. Occasionally one hears that there is a "steampunk theme" to some con-related event that's actually not steampunk in the least, and consequently the theme will be ignored. Overall steampunks are welcome (and probably expected) at events like Supanova and Manifest, but entertainment and stalls are not likely to be steampunk oriented, so you need a good deal of interest cross-over to make the most of a day.
maduncle
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

Indubitably...

@maduncle
« Reply #1052 on: October 19, 2010, 12:04:18 am »

I tried to get to Armageddon, as there was a dealer there from QLD with some cast resin steampunk guns that I may sell as an agent here in VIC.

So - as the weather warms up the markets open up, Bendigo swap meet (a bit car-ish) is in a few weeks and Whittlesea won't be far off.

Meanwhile I do miss Camberwell market, anyone feel like hitting it this Sunday 24th October?

'...within interventions distance of the embassy...
ScytheKnight
Officer
Australia Australia

Mysterious Figure

ScytheKnight84
« Reply #1053 on: October 19, 2010, 07:07:49 am »

Yeah, I could do with something to stop me playing Fallout: New Vegas ALL weekend lol. I'll be picking up a pre-order of the CE on Thursday so something during the weekend to stop me plunking down in front of the comp for 4 days straight might be a good idea.

"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."

H.P. Lovecraft

"The Call of Cthulhu."

Are you living in the real world?

Cowboy Bebop, The Movie.
ScytheKnight
Officer
Australia Australia

Mysterious Figure

ScytheKnight84
« Reply #1054 on: November 10, 2010, 10:15:54 pm »

Well it seems I may make it to Euchronia yet... got the basis for my Steampunk outfit, found a rather nice store right in the heart of Melbourne CBD called Out of the Closet, at 328b Flinders Street, just opposite Flinders Street Station. They've got a lot of nice stuff at quite reasonable prices with a mix of new and second hand items, ohh and more boots then you could shake a gyro-wrench at . Roll Eyes

So with the base getup sorted I need to start getting those bits and pieces and minor touches together... so in a few weeks time gonna start hitting Camberwell Market regularly. Can't be this week as I'm tapped out for cash and next pay I've got a class breakup do and will probably be ordering a pair of shades, which may well tap me out again. So my 1st trip will likely be in about 3 weeks time, I should have a firmer idea by end of next week what's happening.

Would love to get a few of us together and start a semi-regular Steampunk invasion of the market. Grin
maduncle
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

Indubitably...

@maduncle
« Reply #1055 on: November 11, 2010, 03:29:58 am »

Sure - let us all know closer to the actual Sunday.

I can't make it until the 12th December though...
thunderarrowalchemist
Gunner
Australia Australia

a firm believer that tea is much like politics

« Reply #1056 on: November 14, 2010, 02:52:33 am »

i'm up for a market day, but im not free till early decemberish Tongue

"things that are back to front are often easier to comprehend if they are upside down as well", said lord vetinari........"in life as in politics."
(T.Pratchett,The Truth)
maduncle
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

Indubitably...

@maduncle
« Reply #1057 on: November 14, 2010, 09:06:26 am »

Okay - so let's try to get to at least one market before Christmas whilst we still have money and need props for Euchronia!
bmgillies
Snr. Officer
Australia Australia

Maker of Cool Stuff

« Reply #1058 on: December 01, 2010, 12:26:17 pm »

Count me in for a market trip! Not that I get to go to Euchronia... Tongue

"This is a sticky situation, Baldrick. Stickier than when Sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun."
Bezier
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

Captain between crews

« Reply #1059 on: December 03, 2010, 04:00:46 am »

Well I've been given some saturday nights off, so for the next few weeks at least, I can make it to the market. It would be nice considering I cannot get to Euchronia.
ScytheKnight
Officer
Australia Australia

Mysterious Figure

ScytheKnight84
« Reply #1060 on: December 08, 2010, 08:37:59 pm »

Would def like to get to the market before Euchrona. Next weekend would probably be best for me cash wise at that'll be a week my cash hits the bank, but if you guys prefer this weekend I'm sure I can scrape some together.
thunderarrowalchemist
Gunner
Australia Australia

a firm believer that tea is much like politics

« Reply #1061 on: December 09, 2010, 04:39:34 am »

im afraid i cant do anything now till next year, but i'll keep popping by to see whats happening Smiley
Bezier
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

Captain between crews

« Reply #1062 on: December 10, 2010, 07:55:57 am »

So are we still unsure on a date? I think we'd best get this organized quickly.
Bezier
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

Captain between crews

« Reply #1063 on: December 12, 2010, 12:34:25 am »

Well I'm at Camberwell market right now. I don't know if you folks knew this, but it's not running on the 19th. Just figured I'd let you know, in case you planned on going then.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2010, 12:38:48 am by Bezier » Logged
maduncle
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

Indubitably...

@maduncle
« Reply #1064 on: December 14, 2010, 02:02:18 am »

Well I'm at Camberwell market right now. I don't know if you folks knew this, but it's not running on the 19th. Just figured I'd let you know, in case you planned on going then.

Bugger!

I skipped 12th due to family committments with the intention of going on the 19th.

Oh well - hopefully I will see as many of you as possible at Euchronia!
ScytheKnight
Officer
Australia Australia

Mysterious Figure

ScytheKnight84
« Reply #1065 on: December 14, 2010, 07:48:47 am »

Yeah I'll be there, alas sans cane that I was hoping to acquire on the 19th.  Embarrassed
Bezier
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

Captain between crews

« Reply #1066 on: December 15, 2010, 05:05:58 am »

Yeah I'll be there, alas sans cane that I was hoping to acquire on the 19th.  Embarrassed

Worry not, for if I recall correctly, the announcer chap claimed that the market would resume on boxing day. If you cannot get there then, then I am sure there are many places in Melbourne where you may purchase a cane.
ScytheKnight
Officer
Australia Australia

Mysterious Figure

ScytheKnight84
« Reply #1067 on: December 15, 2010, 10:39:11 pm »

Ahh yes, the website does indeed state that there are still stalls available for the 26th of December. Well I will indeed endever to be there, anyone else thinking of making an appearance?
bmgillies
Snr. Officer
Australia Australia

Maker of Cool Stuff

« Reply #1068 on: December 15, 2010, 11:31:18 pm »

Unfortunately I'm being dragged up to Kyneton for the day so I won't be able to join you
wildilocks
Gunner
Australia Australia

Mme Ermyntrude Millais

« Reply #1069 on: December 19, 2010, 02:34:12 am »

I might try to make it up on the 26th, I imagine it might be quieter than usual though? So many people shut down for the holiday period...

Follow the Antipodean League of Temporal Voyagers on Twitter!
maduncle
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

Indubitably...

@maduncle
« Reply #1070 on: December 19, 2010, 03:07:42 am »

I will be in Adelaide on the 26th, and it is generally closed that day!

So I hope to get some market picking in later that week up at Strathalbyn, a great place for tinker and costume bits.
Horse Brass
Zeppelin Overlord
Australia Australia

« Reply #1071 on: December 23, 2010, 01:36:04 pm »

Based on my current plans, subject to last minute changes, I will be at Camberwell on the 26th. It seems I'll be free to go to Euchronia after all, and I'll need to try and find a few things to look a little less out of place.  Smiley

I've had a rather rough and busy few months, it's about time I spent some time on steampunk and my other interests again.

"Not without my hat." - Scott Anger, The Dame was Loaded
Redmund Playfoot
« Reply #1072 on: December 23, 2010, 01:40:02 pm »

I have the next two weekend soff so I may actually attend one of these markets finally! Also horse brass do you have euchronia tickets yet? I won't be able to attend so you can have mine if you like.
Horse Brass
Zeppelin Overlord
Australia Australia

« Reply #1073 on: December 24, 2010, 08:37:05 am »

I do have a ticket, buying it was something of a spur of the moment decision the other day.

The Camberwell market could be crowded. I mentioned some of my plans to my sister-in-law today, and she said that she's been hearing the market advertised on the radio as one of the few things open on Boxing Day. Alternatively, everybody could be too tired to bother.  Grin

ScytheKnight
Officer
Australia Australia

Mysterious Figure

ScytheKnight84
« Reply #1074 on: December 24, 2010, 10:53:48 pm »

I'll be there, is anyone else planning on making an appearance?

UPDATE: For anyone planning to head down to the market I'm probably going to get there some time around 11.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2010, 10:34:14 pm by ScytheKnight » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: