The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
May 30, 2020, 06:55:01 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Boasting Challenge  (Read 31380 times)
Dusza Beben
Zeppelin Admiral
United States United States

« Reply #75 on: June 06, 2008, 08:33:53 pm »

And Perfect Tommy is the MANLIEST man.  Because he's, well... perfect!

Did he do anything memorable after Bukaroo Banzai?

DB

Brought to you by, Muahahahah INC, we add the "muaha" to your "hahah"
Angel
Zeppelin Captain
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Chrome dome, goggles on, dressed all in rubber...

« Reply #76 on: June 06, 2008, 08:39:37 pm »

MANLY.

"With a rifle, you can kill one man; but with a machine gun, you can make a whole army keep its head down." - Jeremy Clarkson

Buns are obviously not designed for their aerodynamic properties.
flimflam
Officer

« Reply #77 on: June 06, 2008, 08:59:17 pm »

i once punched a baby so hard it turned into a tree.............yeah you heard me
MANLY

hola senoro
Hester
Snr. Officer
Canada Canada

Hostess of the "Vile Bodies" dirigible party.

« Reply #78 on: June 06, 2008, 09:18:15 pm »

And Perfect Tommy is the MANLIEST man.  Because he's, well... perfect!

Did he do anything memorable after Bukaroo Banzai?

No, dear.  What could he possibly have done afterwards to top that?  Once you're that perfect (and MANLY), you get to rest on your laurels for the rest of eternity.

"Ta, darling!  I'll bring it back when I'm finished with it!
(If I'm not too drunk to remember where I got it.)
Gentleman-Adventurer
Snr. Officer
Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Republic of

Freelance Hero, and Beau Sabreur.

« Reply #79 on: June 06, 2008, 09:23:05 pm »

I and some of my friends play cricket with trebuchets and telegraph poles, and we fence with claymores. The old man who keeps complaining that balls keep getting knocked through his windows? That's Zeus. Who's still in Greece. On a mountain. In the clouds. I ain't lying.

"What do we do? You're asking me 'what do we do'? We do what we always do....We CHARGE, by thunder!" Captain Haephestus Burnside, of the "Reckless Abandon", shortly before a boarding action.

"You rampallian! You fustilarian! I'll tickle your catastrophe!" Henry IV, Act II Scene I, WS.
Sir Nikolas of Vendigroth
« Reply #80 on: June 06, 2008, 09:33:10 pm »

Till Lindemann.

No more needs to be said.
Atterton
Time Traveler

Only The Shadow knows

« Reply #81 on: June 06, 2008, 10:11:14 pm »

That photo of Perfect Tommy doesn´t say manly to me as much as it says "Yeah, I´ll be your bitch"

Resurrectionist and freelance surgeon.
Hester
Snr. Officer
Canada Canada

« Reply #82 on: June 06, 2008, 10:24:45 pm »

That photo of Perfect Tommy doesn´t say manly to me as much as it says "Yeah, I´ll be your bitch"

Oooo!  Will he?  Terrific!
Honeythorn
Zeppelin Admiral

How unfortunate...

« Reply #83 on: June 06, 2008, 11:01:47 pm »

MANLY.

OH YES.

<((((º>¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·.><((((º>¸¸.·´¯><((((º>
¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·.><((((º> ><((((º>.·
akumabito
Immortal
Netherlands Netherlands

~~Blast from the past~~

« Reply #84 on: June 06, 2008, 11:28:04 pm »

Well, if we're talking 'bout real-life manly men, I'd say it's pretty difficult to top Sir Ranulph Fiennes..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ranulph_Fiennes

The short version:

Former SAS soldier (kicked out when he tried to blow up an ugly dam with 'borrowed' explosives), first person to travel the White Nile by hovercraft, first man to visit both poles over land, leader of the expedition that found the lost city of Ubar, two (sadly failed) attempts to walk to the south pole unaided (one of the attempts was solo). Fiennes used a hacksaw to amputate his own frostbitten fingers after a failed expedition to walk to the north pole.. he ran 7 marathons on 7 continents in 7 days - after undergoing a double bypass heart surgery only 4 months earlier.. he has climbed Mt Everest, participated in the Victoria Falls Expedition, he climbed the north-face of the Eiger, and while all that was going on, he authored 13 books.. He has been awarded the Sultan's Bravery Medal when in service with the army of Oman, he got an honorary doctorate of the Loughborough University, he received the Royal Geographical Society's Founders Medal, and he has an honorary Doctor of Science degree at the University of Abertay Dundee.

Sir Fiennes is made of cojones, with awesome sauce being pumped through his pulsating veins. Top that!
T.Taylor the Third
Zeppelin Admiral

A Crazy man

thethirdtea
« Reply #85 on: June 06, 2008, 11:38:32 pm »

my tongues so long I can lick my ear when its in denmark and I'm in new York.
whenever I grin People Go blind Because of the Shine
i don't use a nail gun I spit the nails
when i was was 2 i won the Olympic swimming competition
I'm so manly money jumps in my hand
I'm so Smart Mycroft Holmes comes to me for advice
when i laugh Dr.doom crys (cause hes laugh is so wimpy)
When I sing ( and yes sing is frekin manly) Rodgers and hammerstin applaud
when I smile so many hearts Break you need a broom to breath

-“I warn you, if you bore me, I shall take my revenge.”
elShoggotho
« Reply #86 on: June 07, 2008, 01:32:57 am »

Till Lindemann.

No more needs to be said.
But yes, it does. Getting out-manlied by Nina Hagen isn't the worst thing. OK, "Mann gegen Mann" was overly manly. Far too much for my tastes. I prefer to make love to women ten feet tall and break walls with my balls of thunder, thank you very much.
elShoggotho
« Reply #87 on: June 07, 2008, 01:40:36 am »

Well, if we're talking 'bout real-life manly men, I'd say it's pretty difficult to top Sir Ranulph Fiennes..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ranulph_Fiennes

The short version:

Former SAS soldier (kicked out when he tried to blow up an ugly dam with 'borrowed' explosives), first person to travel the White Nile by hovercraft, first man to visit both poles over land, leader of the expedition that found the lost city of Ubar, two (sadly failed) attempts to walk to the south pole unaided (one of the attempts was solo). Fiennes used a hacksaw to amputate his own frostbitten fingers after a failed expedition to walk to the north pole.. he ran 7 marathons on 7 continents in 7 days - after undergoing a double bypass heart surgery only 4 months earlier.. he has climbed Mt Everest, participated in the Victoria Falls Expedition, he climbed the north-face of the Eiger, and while all that was going on, he authored 13 books.. He has been awarded the Sultan's Bravery Medal when in service with the army of Oman, he got an honorary doctorate of the Loughborough University, he received the Royal Geographical Society's Founders Medal, and he has an honorary Doctor of Science degree at the University of Abertay Dundee.

Sir Fiennes is made of cojones, with awesome sauce being pumped through his pulsating veins. Top that!

Quote from: Wikipedia
In 2000, he attempted to walk solo and unsupported to the North Pole. The expedition failed when his sleds fell through weak ice and Fiennes was forced to pull them out by hand. He sustained severe frostbite to the tips of all the fingers on his left hand, forcing him to abandon the attempt. On returning home, his surgeon insisted the necrotic fingertips be retained for several months (to allow regrowth of the remaining healthy tissue) before amputation. Impatient at the pain the dying fingertips caused, Fiennes removed them himself (in his garden shed) with a fretsaw.
...which tells more than enough about his sheer manliness. My chest hair gained a full inch from my reading of the article.
Angel
Zeppelin Captain

Chrome dome, goggles on, dressed all in rubber...

« Reply #88 on: June 07, 2008, 01:42:49 am »

Ray Mears could do all that.
flimflam
Officer

« Reply #89 on: June 07, 2008, 02:32:27 am »

i did that...........yeah i said it Smiley
+Kirix+
Snr. Officer
Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Republic of

Official Steam Faerie

« Reply #90 on: June 07, 2008, 06:35:13 am »

I can do chaffinch as many damn times as I want.
Take THAT howard moon.

H.I.M.,Empress Kirix,Steam Faerie,Alchemical Creation
elShoggotho
« Reply #91 on: June 07, 2008, 06:44:36 am »

Due to obvious discrepance of perception, that only counts as humungous badassery. Sorry to tell you, but manliness is reserved for beta-version humans. (carrying your genitalia outside is a major design flaw fixed in the final version)
Commander Obadiah
Zeppelin Captain
New Zealand New Zealand

Gatherer of Misguided Inventions

« Reply #92 on: June 08, 2008, 06:06:54 am »

Wimps. I know of a man. More manly than any of these so-called "manly men". He makes God, Buddha and Xenu wipe his boots clean. He could eat a chicken vindaloo in a sauna and not break a sweat, with a knife and fork forged in Hell from the iron in the blood of a thousand men. He could walk a tightrope made of barbed wire in his bare feet, over a moat full of crocodiles. He could fight a bear with an arm tied behind his back, to whet his appetite for an anthrax sandwich, and wash that down with a cup of fresh cobra blood. He could even reach a stalemate in chess with Shiva, while playing Zeus and Lucifer with his Queen missing. And this man's name? The moniker attached to the most manly of men? What people call him, when not cowering in fear? The word shouted out in joy at his mere sight? None other than Maximilian Power!

Commander C. Obadiah

The Steampunk code: 'To delicately dismantle the system from within, if it's not too much trouble'
SalieriAAX
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #93 on: June 08, 2008, 09:18:17 am »

Ladies and Gentlemen, it seems you've forgotten the most manly man, not only living, but that ever lived.

BRIAN BLESSED

GORDON'S ALIVE!

None so knowing as he
At brewing a jorum of tea
Haha Haha
A pretty stiff jorum of tea
Sir Nikolas of Vendigroth
« Reply #94 on: June 08, 2008, 11:28:59 am »

A voice to match Lindemann or Hagen....

God knows, he scares the hell out of me.
SalieriAAX
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #95 on: June 08, 2008, 11:34:13 am »

I've just discovered that if you search "manly" in Wikipedia it automatically redirects to W. G. Grace
Hester
Snr. Officer
Canada Canada

« Reply #96 on: June 08, 2008, 11:47:36 am »

I've just discovered that if you search "manly" in Wikipedia it automatically redirects to W. G. Grace

"Grace's portrait was used as the face of God in the 1975 film Monty Python and the Holy Grail, voiced by Graham Chapman."   Cheesy
Von Gast
Zeppelin Admiral

Gentleman Racer and Explorer

« Reply #97 on: June 08, 2008, 12:13:33 pm »

While W.G. Grace had a downright impressive beard, he was never King of the Hawkmen and is therefore not in the Blessed league.  Grin
SalieriAAX
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #98 on: June 08, 2008, 12:14:58 pm »

While W.G. Grace had a downright impressive beard, he was never King of the Hawkmen and is therefore not in the Blessed league.  Grin

That is true, and of course I do prefer Brian Blessed but it's worth remember that it counts in Grace's favour that he was also never king of the Gungans.
AFGNCAAP
Snr. Officer
Antarctica Antarctica

Professor's phlegmatic lackey

« Reply #99 on: June 08, 2008, 12:29:38 pm »

It is pitch black. Grues are likely to be eaten by Hank Norris.

True story: I've had a few cavities filled without novocaine--by choice. It makes one considerably less nervous about the shots in the future.

[old school anime nerd]My personal winner is Black Jack--it's hard to beat surgically removing a parasite from one's own intestines while being attacked by a pack of dingoes.[/nerd]

"An eruption!" I said. "We're in the chimney of an active volcano?"
"I think so," said the professor smiling, "and that's the best thing that could happen to us!"
-Journey to the Center of the Earth

"The way to my heart is through my chest, with a scalpel and a bone saw."
-Lady Anne
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: