The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
July 06, 2020, 12:42:30 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Steampunk'ed - Quest for an Improved Outfit  (Read 35026 times)
ms. tinkertoy
Deck Hand
United States United States

« Reply #100 on: May 29, 2009, 07:38:32 am »

Perhaps a monacle....a tin horn for improved hearing? A tin of pomade?

whirligigs, thingamajigs, whatchamacallits, doohickies
Torvald_Faust
Zeppelin Admiral
Netherlands Netherlands

Persistent pilfering privateer

« Reply #101 on: May 29, 2009, 07:55:27 am »

I am not that kind of man, ma'am, I am afraid Wink But thans for the suggestions Smiley

rogue_designer
Zeppelin Admiral

clockwork gypsy

« Reply #102 on: May 29, 2009, 08:34:59 am »

I think, if I had those gaiters, I would probably wear them with the laces on the inside of my legs... which is to say, on the opposite leg.

However - much depends on their intent. If for calvary/horse riding, then as you have them works better...as the lacing would rub. I was just thinking aesthetically.

Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.
(Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes. But deserve a nice glass of absinthe. I have some Montemarte in the cabinet, if you wish.)
Torvald_Faust
Zeppelin Admiral
Netherlands Netherlands

« Reply #103 on: May 29, 2009, 08:46:54 am »

Though me, or the character, both do not ride horses, I wear them on the outside regardless; I like the aesthetics better that way Wink Smiley

Updates shall probably (must) be made soon, by the way. Me and Frau Tankergerhausen will probably attend a fair soon and the idea is to go Steampunk.
Torvald_Faust
Zeppelin Admiral
Netherlands Netherlands

« Reply #104 on: July 08, 2009, 09:22:51 pm »

It took me a 'while' to get around to it, but I have finished the Steampunk detail I wanted to add to my hat since I started my outfit: an extra leather band with a metal winged skull symbol. Photonic capture follows:

And a detail shot:

Nothing much all by itself, I must admit, but I think it will add to the total 'greeble' level of my outfit, which is never a bad thing Smiley Plus I simply like it Wink
Capt. Dirigible
Rogue Ætherlord
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Shirts?.....I got plenty at 'ome.

« Reply #105 on: July 08, 2009, 10:26:50 pm »

I love threads like this where someone comes on with the bare bones of an outfit with loads of potential and you read through several pages of posts and you see the outfit grow from the bare bones to an amazing full costume...

I say, Joe it's jolly frightening out here.
Nonsense dear boy, you should be more like me.
But look at you! You're shaking all over!
Shaking? You silly goose! I'm just doing the Watusi
Torvald_Faust
Zeppelin Admiral
Netherlands Netherlands

« Reply #106 on: July 08, 2009, 10:33:10 pm »

I love threads like this where someone comes on with the bare bones of an outfit with loads of potential and you read through several pages of posts and you see the outfit grow from the bare bones to an amazing full costume...

I was hoping someone sooner or later would say such a thing; 'tis exactly the reason I started this thread -  giving people such an oportunity Smiley

At any rate, I would like to note that in reality, the contrast between the new band and the hat is less. I assume it has to do with the shininess of the new band and the flash involved in making the photonic recordings Smiley
Torvald_Faust
Zeppelin Admiral
Netherlands Netherlands

« Reply #107 on: May 04, 2010, 09:00:59 pm »

My apologies, ladies and gentlemen, but I have photonic recordings that, though I do not feel they are worthy of their own thread, are worthy of posting. Posting them here was the best I could think of:

(Click on them for a (slightly) bigger version)

If you think the same as I did upon seeing this, namely, "Aethersaber", then I would like to congratulate you, with your great mind Wink

Once finished, I figure it'll be a fine addition to my belt Wink
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 09:03:29 pm by Torvald_Faust » Logged
Sir Robert
Officer

« Reply #108 on: May 05, 2010, 03:30:52 pm »

I will just say that the waist-coat is great looks like a commando buff-coat.  Keep it.

Sugestions:

gunbelt+weapons
leather ammo patches
lotsa brass bits
add small brass goggles to hat.
Pocket watch
Steampunk boots
better pants & braces
Big brass buttons

Sir Robert, Soldier, Gentleman Adventurer, all around nice guy.
Torvald_Faust
Zeppelin Admiral
Netherlands Netherlands

« Reply #109 on: May 05, 2010, 08:55:32 pm »

I will just say that the waist-coat is great looks like a commando buff-coat.  Keep it.

I must admit I'm not quite sure what waist-coat you're talking about, but, assuming you mean this one...Thanks! 'Twas a great find and of course I intend to keep it Wink

Now, before I delve into your suggestions...The photos within this thread are of old versions of this outfit, so, just to be sure we're on the same page, the most recent photos I could find:

Sugestions:

1. gunbelt+weapons
2. leather ammo patches
3. lotsa brass bits
4. add small brass goggles to hat.
5. Pocket watch
6. Steampunk boots
7. better pants & braces
8. Big brass buttons

Now, as for your suggestions:
1. They're underway, almost literally as we speak.
2. Done Wink And even more coming Grin
3. Hmmm, not unless they're logical; I don't like adding things 'because I can'.
4. Not quite sure what you mean by 'small', but, I like my current goggles Smiley
5. Now I've got a vest for one, I'll probably have one sooner or later. Even if it's just to check how much time left 'til the charges explode Wink
6. Unless I find a pair where the price plus quality combination is utterly irresistible, I'll keep to my current shoes plus gaiters combo Smiley
7. See above Wink
8. Perhaps Smiley The thing is that I need to be able to use the shirt and pants for other things, too...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: