The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
September 30, 2014, 02:54:15 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Forum highlights on twitter: @BG_couk

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Germans on the forum... possible meeting?  (Read 4842 times)
elShoggotho
« on: December 26, 2007, 11:32:35 pm »

The British have a good headstart, the Americans do it all the time, other Europeans manage to pull it off too - so why don't we organize a meeting in Germany? Come on, let's plan it!

My proposal is a meeting in Berlin, sometime in spring. Gadgeteering, heavy drinking and a stroll through the Technikmuseum are things that go bump in my mind.

Everyone else is welcome too.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2007, 11:34:09 pm by elShoggotho » Logged
Fantômas
Zeppelin Captain
Netherlands Netherlands

As many steps ahead of this claim as I want to be.

« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2007, 12:18:15 am »

I might be able to do it, Berlin is the shit'Wink

" 'I' Is For 'Infamy' "
Prof. Erwin Lindemann
Zeppelin Captain
Germany Germany

Inventor of the Galvano- Æther-Telescope

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2007, 07:26:25 am »

Sounds good! Even if Berlin means 7 hours of riding for me, it's an interesting town. (Isn't it funny, I'm living in Germany, but to Amsterdam or Brussels it is only 200 km, to Luxemburg 300 km, to Paris 400 km, to London 450 km, but to Berlin about 600 km...)
elShoggotho
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2007, 10:40:07 am »

Ah, sounds like my idea is not quite that far-fetched. Three is company, as they say. Do we manage to get some more interested people? Hmm?
Toji Chiba
Zeppelin Captain
Germany Germany

Novice of the Order of the Brazen Dawn

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2007, 10:57:44 pm »

me, of course, sir.

Will be glad to attend this fabulous meeting.

Toji

"Well I'll be buggered by a monochrome chipmunk!!!" -CinnamonAndSpite-
elShoggotho
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2008, 05:53:15 am »

The plan is on! We're so few, we can manage that. Berlin is so full of places that sell absinthe... Wink
Prof. Erwin Lindemann
Zeppelin Captain
Germany Germany

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2008, 06:21:59 am »

I just need a clean and inexpensive hotel, maybe a little bit more steampunk than "Etap".  Smiley
elShoggotho
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2008, 11:12:37 am »

Clean and inexpensive can be had at the "Ostel" if you don't mind GDR decor and a dormitory bed. In the end, that solution would cost from €9 per night (€54 for a six-bed room). Normal hotel rooms can be had around €30 to €40. The Odyssee hostel (down the street from my place) offers single rooms for €29 per night.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2008, 11:15:17 am by elShoggotho » Logged
Vienna Fahrmann
Immortal
Austria Austria

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2008, 01:25:03 am »

For staying in Berlin, I love Pension Funk.  It's right off the Ku'damm, and is the former home of silent film star Asta Nielsen. (possibly mis-spelled her name).  It's got a very old fashioned, elegant feel, and the price was reasonable.

Vienna
Prof. Erwin Lindemann
Zeppelin Captain
Germany Germany

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2008, 06:24:37 am »

The nextion: When? Until end of February there is practically no weekend left...  Sad
elShoggotho
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2008, 01:00:37 pm »

I thought of March or April. We could also delay it until the middle of June, which would coincide with my birthday, but do we really want to wait?
Prof. Erwin Lindemann
Zeppelin Captain
Germany Germany

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2008, 03:24:00 pm »

Why not March? Who knows what will happen until Juni? In April I will be in the UK, in the neighbourhood of Nottingham. I hope that I can spend there some days more than only for the NBTV-convention (NBTV: Narrow Bandwith Television Association, we make mechanical Televisors like they were in use in the late 1920th/early 1930th).

Later this year there will be the "Classic-Computing 2008" (a meeting of friends of old computers like C 64, Apple ][, Atari, Amiga...)  somewhere near Dortmund, I'm afraid that I will be a member of the organisation-team.

elShoggotho
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2008, 08:02:09 pm »

With that last notion, you scored high on the SBU table... OK, let's think of March.
Fantômas
Zeppelin Captain
Netherlands Netherlands

As many steps ahead of this claim as I want to be.

« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2008, 04:25:05 pm »

At ¨present I simply have too much going but it is forseeable that by Feb. I may have a more open appointment book.
My fianceé and I will be starting an art gallery before too long, probably in Amsterdam, so things will be busy I think we can find the time though. Even if it were delayed till Aug. that would be fine, and that would coincide with MY birthday Wink
elShoggotho
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2008, 04:37:31 pm »

We could plan more meetings... starting small, growing to become a continental European meet-up, later drafting the UK and Ireland, reaching out to the Americas on one side, Asia on the other, Africa down below, finally Australia... WE SHALL RULE THE WORLD! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA!  Cool
Rosel
Zeppelin Admiral

Natural Historian, Bluestocking, Translatrix,

« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2008, 05:26:52 pm »

someone PM Masado, I met him in Berlin over the summer so I know he is real Tongue

In April I will be in the UK, in the neighbourhood of Nottingham. I hope that I can spend there some days more than only for the NBTV-convention
Oh and Prof Lindeman? I am in Nottingham if you want to meet for a drink or a jaunt to the caves sometime.

Prof. Erwin Lindemann
Zeppelin Captain
Germany Germany

« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2008, 07:41:23 am »

Rosel, that sounds good, I would like to see more of the country than just the NBTV-convention! But I will not travel alone, my wife will come with me.

About meetings in Berlin and Amsterdam: Amsterdam would be ideal for a european meeting. And I don't say it, because it's only 2 hrs of riding for me. :-) But of course Berlin would be fine, too.
elShoggotho
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2008, 09:49:34 am »

Amsterdam would be no option for me, I'm afraid...
elShoggotho
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2008, 12:01:18 pm »

Managed to find another forum member from Berlin, inofficially shanghai'd by outside means.
Prof. Erwin Lindemann
Zeppelin Captain
Germany Germany

« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2008, 09:57:41 pm »

There's nothing wrong with Berlin. Midsummernight then? I hope I'll manage it.
elShoggotho
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2008, 06:12:36 am »

March, midsummer, or both.
Albrecht
Zeppelin Overlord
Germany Germany

Commanding Officer LZ-X1 Württemberg

« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2008, 05:44:52 pm »

Well, well,

as a member of the Kaiserliches Zeppelinkorps I would be happy to attend, alas, my busy working schedule coupled with familiar ties will most likely prevent me from attending.
Should, however, any one of you happen to be in Leipzig in early May (read: Wave Gotik Treffen) I would be delighted to get in touch.

elShoggotho
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2008, 06:02:05 pm »

Ah, a most formidable opponent! As a proud bearer of a letter of marque issued by His Imperial And Royal Apostolic Majesty Franz Ferdinand of Austria-Hungary, I shall be honoured to meet you on the battlefield in times of war and in the pub in times of peace.
MakoChan
Gunner
Germany Germany

« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2009, 11:31:39 am »

I am sorry for the Thread-Necromancy but have there ever been a meetup? I'm just curious, because it seems that we're not that less people in germany as I thought first...
elShoggotho
Immortal
Germany Germany

Tinkering for its own sake

« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2009, 11:45:09 am »

As far as I know, the idea wasn't followed through. Maybe we can manage something this year...?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: