The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
April 23, 2019, 10:33:56 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 20   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gogglemas Gift Exchange  (Read 52753 times)
the Hat
Snr. Officer
United States United States

Vagabond and Raconteur

« on: December 24, 2007, 10:32:32 pm »

Welcome to the official Gogglemas gift exchange thread! Here's what you need to know: It will be held on the 28th and 29th of February, since this year is a leap year, the max price you should spend on a gift is 25 US dollars or 13 UK pounds (this does not include shipping). If you wish to participate, simply contact me with the following information:
-Your preferred address AND zip or postal code
-Your gender (if it is not obvious)
-Your country of residence (and)
-Gifts you would like to receive (this is optional)

Here is a list of the current participants for posterity and gift giving purposes:
1-The Hat, Gentleman, USA, would like goggles or a locket made out of a brass cog (if you are able to make the locket, that would be preferable over the goggles)

2-Kabuki, Gentleman, USA

3-The Pink Hare, Lady, USA

4-Katarina Navane, Lady, USA

5-Ms. Boo Dreadful, Lady, USA, would like Old keys (skeleton keys) not modern ones. aviator hat, buttons, spats pins, fountain pen, pocket watch, hat pins, raygun, any thing hand made, tea items etc

6-Clair Delune, Lady, USA, would like fabric scraps, rusty bits, tinkering music, edible flowers, odds and ends, etc.

7-Pork Demon, Gentleman, Australia

8-Prof. A. Morphous, Gentleman, USA

9-Juxtimon, Gentleman, UK, would like something that does NOT include clock parts, cogs, gears or goggles

10-Bolshevik Simian, Gentleman, New Zealand

11-Dusza Beben, Gentleman, USA

12-Nikandedd, Gentleman, USA

13-Stella Gaslight, Lady, USA, would like death rays and shiny things

14-Heavyporker, Gentleman, USA, would like airships, fountain pens and ink, goggles, cogs and books

15-Wenzdai, Lady, USA

16-Cerridwen, Lady, USA

17-Villaintagonist, Lady, USA, would like something that does not smell funny

18-Era, Lady, USA

19-Phineas Lamar Alexander, Gentleman, USA, no books please, would like period clothing, accessories, cuff links, cravats and/or stick pins

20-elShoggotho, Gentleman, Germany

21-Sir Nikolas of Vendigroth, Gentleman, UK, would like a bit of costume... perhaps a waistcoat or some goggles

22-Alexander The Arcane, Gentleman, Canada, would like a waistcoat to fit me (I'm a rather large fellow; six foot four inches, about 240 pounds, very long in the torso), or some leather gloves, possibly a top or bowler hat, or a cane, or some goggles

23-Gentlemans Handbook, Gentleman, USA, would like anything with with leather, brass, or rivits

24-Jypsii, Lady, Canada, would like any bits of or jewelry made out of gears, clockwork, a pocket watch, or skeleton keys, a leather aviator's cap, or any explorer-type clothing/armwarmers (especially vests or anything leather) in a US size six

25-Kirix, Lady, USA, would like random cogs, clothes:semi-lolita skirts, bustle skirt, thigh-high socks or some nice tea

26-Augustus Dayafter, Gentleman, USA

27-Kogwheal, Gentleman, USA, has a preference for anything handmade, but will be delighted with whatever I may receive.

28-CapnHarlock, Gentleman, USA

29-Gazongola, Gentleman, England, would like a top hat, some wilson style sunglasses, or an old clock... but I'm not picky

30-Luella Dobson, Lady, USA, would like goggles, snoopy leather flying cap on uswings.com, or some sort of steamy jewelery

31-Sgt. Alistair King, Gentleman, USA, would like fountain pens, cuff links or a flying helmet...size large

32-Honky-Tonk Dragon, Gentleman, USA

If you are not in this list and you think that you should be, that means that you have not given me the information that is required above. Please do so ASAP. The number of participants is now locked!

Seeing that we now have a goodly number of folk waiting to receive presents, I believe that it is high time be began the fun! Here's how it goes: If you want to send something to someone on the list, please PM me and I will send you their address. If you would prefer your gift to go to a random person, please tell me the preferred gender and country your gift should go to and I will assign you an address. Once an address has been given out, the corresponding name of the forum member will be struck from the above list. ONCE YOU HAVE THE ADDRESS, IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO MARK THE ADDRESS DOWN AND PREPARE THE PERSON'S GIFT!

Happy Gogglemas to all!
The Hat

P.S. Once you receive you gift, please wait until at least the 28th of February to open it. Once you do, please post pictures of what you received on this thread! Oh, and feel free to send letters of thanks to the benevolent person who sent you your gift. Letters expressing thanks are oh so nice!

P.P.S. If you wish to give me a gift, please contact Kabuki and he will give you my address.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2008, 03:53:39 am by the Hat » Logged

"Yes, ban people, the way of the future!" -Captain Minty Gearhertz
the Hat
Snr. Officer

Vagabond and Raconteur

« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2007, 03:17:02 pm »

We are still looking for participants and a moderator. Anyone? Do I hear a nomination?
KatarinaNavane
Zeppelin Captain

KatarinaNavane
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2008, 12:06:48 am »

I would like to participate, but am no where near computer savvy or organized enough to moderate. 

Kabuki
Snr. Officer

My physician claims there is something wrong...

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2008, 08:15:50 pm »

I hope it's obvious (from the other thread) that I would like to participate as well.  I am also willing to be the coordinator and/or moderator.

The only thing more important that squashing one's foe, is doing so with style and panache... - Jake of All Trades

Join the fun here: http://www.b
the Hat
Snr. Officer

Vagabond and Raconteur

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2008, 03:17:19 am »

I hope it's obvious (from the other thread) that I would like to participate as well.  I am also willing to be the coordinator and/or moderator.

Thank you much for your willingness, but I would prefer if one of the moderator of the forum handled it. I am still waiting for a response from Tinkergirl. But again, thank you.
the Hat
Snr. Officer

Vagabond and Raconteur

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2008, 05:38:23 pm »

IT HAS BEGUN! I am overseeing the event this year. PM me if you wish to participate. Instructions are on the thread in Off-topic.
Lady Lavinea Dreadful
Zeppelin Admiral

Ragamuffin and cad

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2008, 06:48:09 am »

i believe i would be interested in joining in, but please give me a day or two to make sure i have the funds to do so Smiley

the Hat
Snr. Officer

Vagabond and Raconteur

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2008, 02:41:54 pm »

i believe i would be interested in joining in, but please give me a day or two to make sure i have the funds to do so Smiley

Don't worry... the exchange isn't until the 28th and 29th of February. You have plenty of time!
« Last Edit: January 10, 2008, 08:46:39 pm by the Hat » Logged
villaintagonist
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2008, 07:38:33 pm »

Did we decide not to call it Gogglemas in the end? I was rather fond of the name...

Also I hate to be a complete pain in the buns, but wasn't it supposed to be February 28th and 29th? I was under the impression that the holiday would only last for two days on leap years (and otherwise just be the 28th). It is rather rude of me to disappear for two weeks and then start nagging, but I really liked the idea of a bonus day on leap years. Of course, as the moderator it's completely your decision! I promise not to pout!
« Last Edit: January 10, 2008, 07:47:00 pm by villaintagonist » Logged
the Hat
Snr. Officer

Vagabond and Raconteur

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2008, 08:47:53 pm »

Sorry, that was an error on my part. I corrected the dates. And YES, it WILL be called Gogglemas. That name won hands down.  Grin Sorry for the confusion.
Kabuki
Snr. Officer

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2008, 01:56:31 am »

Excellent...  When should we halt the entries to allow time for research, and manufacturing or purchasing time?  Keep in mind any international shipment will likely need to be sent a good two weeks prior to Gogglemas.  I suggest January 24th.  That gives us a fortnight (from today) to gather interest, a week to distribute names to each "kraken", Two weeks manufacturing or shopping time, and two weeks lead time to ship gifts.  What say ye, fellow conspirators?
the Hat
Snr. Officer

Vagabond and Raconteur

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2008, 02:40:05 am »

Sounds wonderful! Now we just need a way to get this around the forum.... so far we have had relatively little participation in our newly formed holiday.  Sad Any ideas?
Lady Lavinea Dreadful
Zeppelin Admiral

Ragamuffin and cad

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2008, 05:19:08 am »

Sounds wonderful! Now we just need a way to get this around the forum.... so far we have had relatively little participation in our newly formed holiday.  Sad Any ideas?

this may sound silly but perhaps a more photoshop savvy person could make a "gogglemas" image that we could put in our signatures Smiley also did we decide on a price cap?
Kabuki
Snr. Officer

« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2008, 05:58:52 am »

Ahh, yes...  Similar to the lovely little image worn by the threadjack railroaders!  An excellent idea!  Suggestions?  I like the idea of a Christmas-esque fireplace scene with a large green tentacle hanging down.  From the mantle hang a few pair of goggles.  On top of the mantle, a brass lantern and top hat. 
Lady Lavinea Dreadful
Zeppelin Admiral

Ragamuffin and cad

« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2008, 06:01:14 am »

Ahh, yes...  Similar to the lovely little image worn by the threadjack railroaders!  An excellent idea!  Suggestions?  I like the idea of a Christmas-esque fireplace scene with a large green tentacle hanging down.  From the mantle hang a few pair of goggles.  On top of the mantle, a brass lantern and top hat. 

OOOOr a nice mantle, with kraken-esque tentacles and the goggles handing from the mantle like stockings full of sprockets and cogs Smiley
Lady Lavinea Dreadful
Zeppelin Admiral

Ragamuffin and cad

« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2008, 11:59:14 am »

ya know...i feel like a redundant git... i completely restated your post only added cogs and such into the goggles like stuffed stockings. oh well. i wasn't fully awake when i posted i guess! sorry! Roll Eyes
the Hat
Snr. Officer

Vagabond and Raconteur

« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2008, 02:15:16 pm »

also did we decide on a price cap?

Yes, price cap is set a 25 dollars/13 pounds. Note: this does NOT include shipping fees over the pond or over land. Please keep this in mind. If you wish to send something to someone in your own country, just let me know.  Smiley
Lady Lavinea Dreadful
Zeppelin Admiral

Ragamuffin and cad

« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2008, 03:10:37 pm »

also did we decide on a price cap?

Yes, price cap is set a 25 dollars/13 pounds. Note: this does NOT include shipping fees over the pond or over land. Please keep this in mind. If you wish to send something to someone in your own country, just let me know.  Smiley

Oh yes, my country only i dont think i could do what im hoping to do(make) if i had to spend so much extra on shipping to the UK or further even! thanks for the info on the price cap Smiley

Cheers!
villaintagonist
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2008, 07:49:19 am »

YES, it WILL be called Gogglemas.
YAY!!!!

Ahem... I will go ahead and poke around a bit and see if I can come up with a good Gogglemas image. I am however, awfully flaky, and I may never finish it; so anyone else who is so inclined ought to give it a try as well.
Lady Lavinea Dreadful
Zeppelin Admiral

Ragamuffin and cad

« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2008, 08:07:13 am »

YES, it WILL be called Gogglemas.
YAY!!!!

Ahem... I will go ahead and poke around a bit and see if I can come up with a good Gogglemas image. I am however, awfully flaky, and I may never finish it; so anyone else who is so inclined ought to give it a try as well.

i am willing to look for base images...but I'm terrible with any and all photo shop and or paintshop type stuff....I'm a painter not a programmer sorry folks! but if anyone needs help finding images via the net let me know!
porkdemon
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2008, 08:36:01 am »

of course without intent to burdeon tinkergirl one could request a small ad on the front page, possibly a steampunk themed flyer type image with all relative information included.
Lady Lavinea Dreadful
Zeppelin Admiral

Ragamuffin and cad

« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2008, 08:55:30 am »

I was wondering if we could just quickly go over the deals once more. We will be using a number system where upon the participants send you their information i.e. address and if they want to ship to the UK and elsewhere or not, you then assign a number to said person, when the date has been set for number assignment you will list the numbers in a post and each participant chooses a number correct? i just want to be doubly sure Smiley
porkdemon
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2008, 09:43:07 am »

dear mr the hat, i hope i am not being to foward as putting you down as the organiser of this event but all signs point to you being in charge of so i have listed you accordingly. i also hope that refering people to you does not upset you or your inbox.

this little pic follows up the idea stated in my last post, i just wipped it up then, the pic in the centre could easily be replaced with the gogglemas logo, i hope i got all the details right, this is just an example and can be modified as people see accordingly.

Lady Lavinea Dreadful
Zeppelin Admiral

Ragamuffin and cad

« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2008, 09:59:26 am »

oooh i think it looks quite nice!
the Hat
Snr. Officer

Vagabond and Raconteur

« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2008, 01:16:01 am »

I was wondering if we could just quickly go over the deals once more. We will be using a number system where upon the participants send you their information i.e. address and if they want to ship to the UK and elsewhere or not, you then assign a number to said person, when the date has been set for number assignment you will list the numbers in a post and each participant chooses a number correct? i just want to be doubly sure Smiley

I'm reconsidering the number idea since some people want to only ship with in their own country. I'm thinking that I'll just post the screen names of the participants once they are set, and you can pick from there. I'll have to PM you to let you know WHEN you can pick someone, because if everyone picks names at once, someone may not be picked! And we cannot have that! Ladies will go first of course. (this all will happen in very early February.)

Porkdemon, thank you for the sign! Remember that this year Gogglemas is on the 28th AND the 29th!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 20   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: