Author Topic: An Introduction to Western Australia  (Read 524 times)

Synistor 303

• Snr. Officer
  • Zenyna Ironbracker
An Introduction to Western Australia
« on: January 31, 2022, 03:21:30 am »
We lived there for many, many years, so we can attest to the accuracy of this documentary...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWv3L6J1YVE

Sorontar

• Administrator
  • Zeppelin Admiral
  • All ideas should have wings
    • Sorontar
Re: An Introduction to Western Australia
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2022, 10:46:47 am »
I am surprised that they didn't attest that a large section of the workforce was nomadic, in that it will move to a location for a couple of weeks to dig a hole then move elsewhere for a number of days then return to dig more holes before leaving again.

This is the way.

Sorontar
Sorontar, Captain of 'The Aethereal Dancer'
Advisor to HM Engineers on matters aethereal, aeronautic and cosmographic
http://eyrie.sorontar.com

Synistor 303

• Snr. Officer
  • Zenyna Ironbracker
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2022, 11:23:03 pm »
I am surprised that they didn't attest that a large section of the workforce was nomadic, in that it will move to a location for a couple of weeks to dig a hole then move elsewhere for a number of days then return to dig more holes before leaving again.

This is the way.

Sorontar

At the moment, the large nomadic population have been banned from entering the state.

Hurricane Annie

• Zeppelin Admiral
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2022, 04:00:09 pm »

Having lived there for a year many years ago, I can see by the video, the place has evolved somewhat. No mention of the orange sand and gum trees or the oxide stains on buildings, concrete lions or the healing Freemantle Doctor.

Synistor 303

• Snr. Officer
  • Zenyna Ironbracker
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2022, 12:34:36 am »

Having lived there for a year many years ago, I can see by the video, the place has evolved somewhat. No mention of the orange sand and gum trees or the oxide stains on buildings, concrete lions or the healing Freemantle Doctor.

When did you do your time there, Annie? We were in Perth in the 1990s and in the Pilbara in the 1980s. Dunno what we did to deserve such a long sentence, but we are free now...

Hurricane Annie

• Zeppelin Admiral
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2022, 01:01:06 am »

When did you do your time there, Annie? We were in Perth in the 1990s and in the Pilbara in the 1980s. Dunno what we did to deserve such a long sentence, but we are free now...

I did a lag in Perth as  teen in the mid 80s. Various addresses in Mt Hawthorne and Woodville[?].  From recollection there were always genuine ex convicts living in Leederville. Pre Americas cup. Then returned to NZ for family reasons.

Not sure why I feel a wave of nostalgia for Freemantle sweeping over me.