Author Topic: Is it really OK Now?  (Read 1683 times)

MWBailey

• Rogue Ætherlord
  • "This is the sort of thing no-one ever believes"
Re: Is it really OK Now?
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2022, 10:35:58 am »
I've managed to copy and paste all of my Between the Theads series into Word files in raw form. The slow loading of the forums pages made that a slow and somewhat confusing pocess, so it'll take some time to reformat and proof it up for re-saving on Spare Goggles (if that).

Not sure how to do the Marigold RPs (Short RPs) or Steam London; there're myriad of pages of both.
Walk softly and carry a big banjo...

""quid statis aspicientes in infernum"

“WHAT?! N0!!! NOT THAT Button!!!”

The Corsair

• Defective Inspector
  • Board Moderator
  • Zeppelin Admiral
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2022, 12:19:58 pm »
I've been putting my mind to how best to save the major RP threads without copy/pasting every single individual post. I wonder if there's some program out there that can scrape the text and output it into a plain file. Would still need to be edited and tidied up, but at least just getting the content off the site and into a backup wouldn't be a tedious chore.

I'll see if I can find anything that fits that bill...
Still here, just quieter

https://apothecary.press/

Prof Marvel

• Zeppelin Captain
  • Above All Else, Do No Harm
    • Spare Goggles
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2022, 10:02:16 pm »
I've been putting my mind to how best to save the major RP threads without copy/pasting every single individual post. I wonder if there's some program out there that can scrape the text and output it into a plain file. Would still need to be edited and tidied up, but at least just getting the content off the site and into a backup wouldn't be a tedious chore.

I'll see if I can find anything that fits that bill...

I am currently doing that with wget

A faster simpler brute Force method is to click the "print" tab at the top of the thread and then use your browser to "select all" and copy, paste

You can also go to the BG forum page you want, copy the URL, and paste it into the way back machine and that page will be saved. But it must've manually done for each page. If for example the thread has 26 pages like the "introduce yourself" thread, you must enter each of the 26 urls...

I am still trying to find how to force the way back to go recursively down the thread.
Oddly it is easier to upload an entire forum into the way back...

Good luck
Prf mrvl
MIGRATION to Spare Goggles under way

Banfili

• Zeppelin Admiral
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2022, 12:49:55 am »
Hopefully it will stay afloat long enough so I don't have to stalk Banfili to let her know where we all went...

I was beginning to wonder!
Thank you for thinking of me, Synistor!   ;D

Well, I kind of know where your house is, so the last resort would have been to post you a letter telling you we were all at Spare Goggles... But that would have been a bit 'stalker', and I was worried about how it would look, so this way is better.

You "kind of know where my house is"? Wow! Mind you, where I live there aren't that many houses, so the choices are rather limited!!
Thank you for caring! ;D

Well, I kind of know that area and when the bushfires were happening you gave away your location (next to the bowling club), so I would have had to locate the exact house, then get the address from Google maps. (Would have been funny if it wasn't you - letter arrives; "Dear Banfilli, we have moved from Brass Goggles to Spare Goggles...") It would have been the village mystery for years!  ;D But is is a little stalker-ish. Just through the bushfires we were keeping an eye on where the fires were and where people we knew were...

Well, I suppose "next to the bowling club" sort of gives it away - there's only one house next to the bowling club, and it's mine!!
« Last Edit: January 24, 2022, 12:51:30 am by Banfili »

MWBailey

• Rogue Ætherlord
  • "This is the sort of thing no-one ever believes"
« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2022, 05:39:54 am »
I haven't mnade much more than a cursory effort to figure where anybody on here lives, other than a couple of people, and then only abortively. Does that make me a "cold fish," so to speak?

Lazaras

• Zeppelin Admiral
  • Have Wierd; Will Travel.
    • Cheapie Theatre
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2022, 05:57:30 am »
Considering i've been here since 06 and made no real effort either? If you are, you aren't alone.
Cheapie Theatre - Web Proxy for my Gemini Site
Want something to read? Got ten minutes to kill? Here you go!

Spare Goggles
If this forum goes down. I shall be reachable there under the same name.

Synistor 303

• Snr. Officer
  • Zenyna Ironbracker
« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2022, 09:07:18 am »
Well, during the bushfires we people in the city felt a bit helpless, I knew Banfilli was in a dangerous area bushfire-wise, so we kept an eye on what was going on up there…

Dunno where anyone else lives.

von Corax

• Squire of the Lambda Calculus
  • Administrator
  • Master Tinkerer
  • Prof. Darwin Prætorius von Corax
« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2022, 10:47:23 am »
I haven't mnade much more than a cursory effort to figure where anybody on here lives, other than a couple of people, and then only abortively. Does that make me a "cold fish," so to speak?
I know where everyone here lives: they live Right Here!
By the power of caffeine do I set my mind in motion
By the Beans of Life do my thoughts acquire speed
My hands acquire a shaking
The shaking becomes a warning
By the power of caffeine do I set my mind in motion
The Leverkusen Institute of Paleocybernetics is 5821 km from Reading

J. Wilhelm

• ╬ Admiral und Luftschiffengel ╬
  • Board Moderator
  • Immortal
  • Sentisne fortunatum punkus? Veni. Diem meum comple
    • NASA Dude
« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2022, 05:36:39 pm »
Not even with all the photos and rants? ;D

Synistor 303

• Snr. Officer
  • Zenyna Ironbracker
« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2022, 11:20:41 pm »
Not even with all the photos and rants? ;D

Maybe if you were in imminent danger from your environment I might make an effort to find exactly where you live - I worry when people suddenly vanish from this forum...

Hurricane Annie

• Zeppelin Admiral
« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2022, 04:06:42 pm »
I know where everyone here lives: they live Right Here!

On that note - where ever you are  keeping your device  shakes a fair bit. It rattles the windows