Author Topic: Is it really OK Now?  (Read 1655 times)

MWBailey

• Rogue Ætherlord
  • "This is the sort of thing no-one ever believes"
Is it really OK Now?
« on: January 18, 2022, 05:56:26 pm »
*Creeps in and looks around*

'Ello?
« Last Edit: January 18, 2022, 08:09:43 pm by MWBailey »
Walk softly and carry a big banjo...

""quid statis aspicientes in infernum"

“WHAT?! N0!!! NOT THAT Button!!!”

Lazaras

• Zeppelin Admiral
  • Have Wierd; Will Travel.
    • Cheapie Theatre
Re: Is it really OK Now?
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2022, 08:36:05 pm »
Well. I propose we take this time to try sorting out things since we have no idea what's what.

I'm with you though on being at unease.
Cheapie Theatre - Web Proxy for my Gemini Site
Want something to read? Got ten minutes to kill? Here you go!

Spare Goggles
If this forum goes down. I shall be reachable there under the same name.

Xenos

• Zeppelin Admiral
  • Capt of the "AO Victoria," Cdr of the Aeronauts!
    • The Writings of A.J. Smith
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2022, 09:04:30 pm »
*Hides bottle of Champaign* Too early to celebrate then?

Alrighty... I'll put this back on ice then.
Don't let these shakes go on, it's time we had a break from it. Send me to the rear! Where the Tides of Madness swell, and men sliding into Hell...

Oh please don't let these shakes go on...

Synistor 303

• Snr. Officer
  • Zenyna Ironbracker
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2022, 03:02:43 am »
Hopefully it will stay afloat long enough so I don't have to stalk Banfili to let her know where we all went...

J. Wilhelm

• ╬ Admiral und Luftschiffengel ╬
  • Board Moderator
  • Immortal
  • Sentisne fortunatum punkus? Veni. Diem meum comple
    • NASA Dude
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2022, 04:11:37 am »
We're not okay until we kick in the backdoor to the Engine Room and rescue all the database, in my humble opinion. We need that FTP address and password to get into the server to create a mirror (just my opinion)

Xenos

• Zeppelin Admiral
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2022, 04:44:28 am »
We're not okay until we kick in the backdoor to the Engine Room and rescue all the database, in my humble opinion. We need that FTP address and password to get into the server to create a mirror (just my opinion)

Alas, my knowledge does not extend to that area. Those of you who are working with the spanners and torches to do so, I wish you godsspeed, and good luck.

Banfili

• Zeppelin Admiral
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2022, 10:52:46 pm »
Hopefully it will stay afloat long enough so I don't have to stalk Banfili to let her know where we all went...

I was beginning to wonder!
Thank you for thinking of me, Synistor!   ;D

Synistor 303

• Snr. Officer
  • Zenyna Ironbracker
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2022, 04:03:54 am »

Well, I kind of know where your house is, so the last resort would have been to post you a letter telling you we were all at Spare Goggles... But that would have been a bit 'stalker', and I was worried about how it would look, so this way is better.

Xenos

• Zeppelin Admiral
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2022, 04:37:55 am »

Well, I kind of know where your house is, so the last resort would have been to post you a letter telling you we were all at Spare Goggles... But that would have been a bit 'stalker', and I was worried about how it would look, so this way is better.

I stand by my skywriting idea! That's the way to go! Less stalker-y, and would have been *Impossible* to miss, because if Banfili had, it'd have been all over the news the next day!

MWBailey

• Rogue Ætherlord
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2022, 04:56:16 am »
I'm a bit concerned by the fact that having contributed to the "new" Mornington Crescent thread, no one else has seen fit to post anything.

Of course, I'm a bit weird and somewhat off-putting to some people, I'll admit,  but still...

Xenos

• Zeppelin Admiral
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2022, 05:02:14 am »
I'm a bit concerned by the fact that having contributed to the "new" Mornington Crescent thread, no one else has seen fit to post anything.

Of course, I'm a bit weird and somewhat off-putting to some people, I'll admit,  but still...

I don't know I've seen the thread. Course, I've not went poking about much, half scared that if I do it'll crash again...

MWBailey

• Rogue Ætherlord
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2022, 05:10:32 am »

I don't know I've seen the thread. Course, I've not went poking about much, half scared that if I do it'll crash again...

Agreed, but then again, there's also the thought that not poking around might cause the system to decide nobody's really all that interested after all, and...

I had a car a while back that was pretty much just as temperamental as this site, and one would think it danged near had human emotions, thus the above. Best not to let the forum sulk for lack of company.

Xenos

• Zeppelin Admiral
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2022, 05:16:57 am »

Agreed, but then again, there's also the thought that not poking around might cause the system to decide nobody's really all that interested after all, and...

I had a car a while back that was pretty much just as temperamental as this site, and one would think it danged near had human emotions, thus the above. Best not to let the forum sulk for lack of company.

That is a good point. Part of my not poking around is also just my mental state. I'm just... I mean, it's me. You lot know me. I'm kind of fucked. But yeah, I'll start poking around a bit. Got a link to that thread? I'll start there!

MWBailey

• Rogue Ætherlord
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2022, 05:31:47 am »

That is a good point. Part of my not poking around is also just my mental state. I'm just... I mean, it's me. You lot know me. I'm kind of fucked. But yeah, I'll start poking around a bit. Got a link to that thread? I'll start there!

'Ere you go:
http://brassgoggles.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,36931.msg1012896.html#new

Lazaras

• Zeppelin Admiral
  • Have Wierd; Will Travel.
    • Cheapie Theatre
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2022, 06:50:27 am »
My excuse is... i have no idea what's going on and don't want to break the chain going on.

Don't want anyone t ofeel put out.

Xenos

• Zeppelin Admiral
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2022, 06:57:13 am »
I gave it the ol' college try and if I got it wrong, well, wouldn't be the first time I've screwed up 'round here!

In fact, my screwups are rather lengendary!

Prof Marvel

• Zeppelin Captain
  • Above All Else, Do No Harm
    • Spare Goggles
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2022, 10:08:01 am »

I am with you J

Good to see BG back, but we have no clue who fixed what or for how long.

In the event that we cannot get access to the DB via J's suggestion, I am pursuing
possible "forum duplication" software of some sort. More as I find stuff out.
I will also be trying to get the whole BG backed up to the way back machine...
Even if it is only a thread at a time!

Prf grumbles
MIGRATION to Spare Goggles under way

Hurricane Annie

• Zeppelin Admiral
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2022, 05:13:30 am »

I feel a song creeping on

http://youtu.be/MavTXh1tGRA

MWBailey

• Rogue Ætherlord
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2022, 06:04:10 am »

I feel a song creeping on

http://youtu.be/MavTXh1tGRA

*tries to dance, but it just looks like he's having a fit*

Banfili

• Zeppelin Admiral
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2022, 10:51:49 am »

You "kind of know where my house is"? Wow! Mind you, where I live there aren't that many houses, so the choices are rather limited!!
Thank you for caring! ;D

Rockula

• Board Moderator
  • Rogue Ætherlord
  • Nothing beats a good hat.
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2022, 06:52:01 pm »
So I've been laying in a field concentrating on my magic psychic crystals and it looks like I've fixed it....

;)
The legs have fallen off my Victorian Lady...

Synistor 303

• Snr. Officer
  • Zenyna Ironbracker
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2022, 11:11:18 pm »

You "kind of know where my house is"? Wow! Mind you, where I live there aren't that many houses, so the choices are rather limited!!
Thank you for caring! ;D

Well, I kind of know that area and when the bushfires were happening you gave away your location (next to the bowling club), so I would have had to locate the exact house, then get the address from Google maps. (Would have been funny if it wasn't you - letter arrives; "Dear Banfilli, we have moved from Brass Goggles to Spare Goggles...") It would have been the village mystery for years!  ;D But is is a little stalker-ish. Just through the bushfires we were keeping an eye on where the fires were and where people we knew were...

Prof Marvel

• Zeppelin Captain
    • Spare Goggles
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2022, 11:55:56 pm »

Thank you for caring! ;D

Well, I kind of know that area and when the bushfires were happening you gave away your location (next to the bowling club), so I would have had to locate the exact house, then get the address from Google maps. (Would have been funny if it wasn't you - letter arrives; "Dear Banfilli, we have moved from Brass Goggles to Spare Goggles...") It would have been the village mystery for years!  ;D But is is a little stalker-ish. Just through the bushfires we were keeping an eye on where the fires were and where people we knew were...

Stalkerish? Oh heavens no, it's done all the time.
Isn't it?
Oh.
Really?
Oh.

Queue up "The Police - Every Breath You Take"

Prf mrvl

MWBailey

• Rogue Ætherlord
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2022, 12:41:09 am »
I( don't know where any of your all's houses are. Well... not the exact streets, anyway... ;)

Prof Marvel

• Zeppelin Captain
    • Spare Goggles
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2022, 11:11:48 pm »
Topic: Is it really OK Now?

No, it really is not

in the event of an outage jump over to

https://sparegoggles.forumotion.net

Sparegoggles -- A temporary replacement service while brassgoggles is down.

until further notice, It will be the defacto replacement when BG is gone,
and the BG Archive of Everything Ever will be uploaded to The Wayback Machine.
by me
as soon as the mirror/scrape download of BG is complete