Author Topic: What is this?  (Read 636 times)

Contraptionguy

• Swab
What is this?
« on: October 29, 2021, 02:52:11 am »
img]
img]
I have this machine from Hendricks gin. I’m not sure exactly what it does but it seems that if you turn the handle it will draw liquid from one glass and deposited in another. The number on it is 001. So it is obviously the first one made ( possibly the only one) and I am trying to find out what I can about it. I would appreciate any help I could get.

Contraptionguy

• Swab
What is this?
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2021, 03:06:24 am »
I couldn’t get the image to load but my profile pic is the machine

Gregor

• Snr. Officer
Re: What is this?
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2021, 09:10:57 pm »
Without a larger picture it is difficult to try to tease the true function of the contraption.

Worse yet, Hendricks gin seems to delight in the Steampunk, and Rube-Goldbergesque devices, so you machine may very well be anything from a "precise transfer of controlled liquid volume conveyed from one vessel to another"  or "Drain the gin from one glass to the next".  As I viewed the sights, I would like to drive around the cucumber mobile for a while, but as I am allergic to gin (for reals), it may turn into the Cuke and Pu_ _
Mobile".   :(  alas.       gregor
Could somebody Pleeease explain to my mother that it is steam PUNK not steam PIMP!?!

Prof Marvel

• Zeppelin Captain
  • Above All Else, Do No Harm
    • Spare Goggles
Re: What is this?
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2021, 03:21:36 am »
From what little i can see, it looks like it may be a “decanting machine” ie a device that sfaely pumps liquid from a large container ( ie gallon jug of ale) to a much smaller vessel ( ie half pint glass” .

With such a rig, it is not only sanitary ( if kept washed) but also alleviates spillage and messes when trying to pout form a multigallon jug! ( ask me how I know lol)

Yhs
Prof marvel
MIGRATION to Spare Goggles under way