Author Topic: Fury Road vehicles advertised  (Read 791 times)

Sorontar

• Administrator
  • Zeppelin Admiral
  • All ideas should have wings
    • Sorontar
Fury Road vehicles advertised
« on: September 09, 2021, 03:20:14 am »
The vehicles from Mad Max: Fury Road are for sale - https://www.lloydsonline.com.au/AuctionLots.aspx?smode=0&aid=25652&pgn=1&pgs=15

While not very steampunk, they may be important inspiration (like I know some are attracted to rat rods).

Sorontar
Disclaimer: I have nothing to do with this sale or the vehicles.
Sorontar, Captain of 'The Aethereal Dancer'
Advisor to HM Engineers on matters aethereal, aeronautic and cosmographic
http://eyrie.sorontar.com

SeVeNeVeS

• Master Tinkerer
  • Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
Re: Fury Road vehicles advertised
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2021, 03:55:17 pm »
It's all cars, no motorcycles, I'm sure I don't have enough spare cash anyway, but where are the bikes?  :(

Sorontar

• Administrator
  • Zeppelin Admiral
    • Sorontar
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2021, 08:43:14 am »
Strictly speaking, it is not all cars because it includes trucks/lorries (though I am not sure what British English calls a petrol tanker or a pickup).

Sorontar

SeVeNeVeS

• Master Tinkerer
  • Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2021, 10:20:02 am »
Strictly speaking, it is not all cars because it includes trucks/lorries (though I am not sure what British English calls a petrol tanker or a pickup).

Sorontar
Strictly speaking the film was a total pile of shyte and my reply did not take into consideration the anal retentive chassis configuration details nor the number of wheels, alignment and axle weight, you will be telling me there was a unicycle next.

I think I got my message over, there were motorbikes I believe, point made. :P ::)

Sorontar

• Administrator
  • Zeppelin Admiral
    • Sorontar
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2021, 12:25:47 pm »
No no, it was a classic tale of ... of ... something. People on a road going one way then going the other way, and things happening. I think someone isn't very happy, perhaps slightly perturbed even. There might even be a bit of swimming. I think water played a role somewhere, any way.

I think that it was not very believable regardless. Not enough kangaroos sunbathing motionless on the roads. Nor can I remember seeing any girls in tanks. And no man running away with the word Wizzard on a pointy hat, leaving his sandals behind.

Sorontar

« Last Edit: September 13, 2021, 12:29:33 pm by Sorontar »