The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
January 28, 2022, 10:46:24 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Modern Instant Photography  (Read 385 times)
Ceir
Officer
United States United States

« on: August 04, 2021, 12:53:38 am »

Almost impulse-bought a camera today, but I restrained myself.

I don't really follow Trending Things, so I had no idea that Polaroid was back in town; and casual, physical photography apparently made a bit of a comeback. I've done some very casual Google searches, but may as well ask around too. Anyone played around with the new-wave instant cameras? I've primarily seen Polaroid and Fujifilm, but I'm not finding too many differences between the brands except the photos are different sizes.

Granted I know very little about photography; 'point and shoot' is about my limit at this point. But it'd be cool to own a film camera again, it's been about twenty years, and not having to worry about actually finding a place that -does- photos would be a plus.
J. Wilhelm
╬ Admiral und Luftschiffengel ╬
Board Moderator
Immortal
United States United States

Sentisne fortunatum punkus? Veni. Diem meum comple

« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2021, 01:51:54 am »

Almost impulse-bought a camera today, but I restrained myself.

I don't really follow Trending Things, so I had no idea that Polaroid was back in town; and casual, physical photography apparently made a bit of a comeback. I've done some very casual Google searches, but may as well ask around too. Anyone played around with the new-wave instant cameras? I've primarily seen Polaroid and Fujifilm, but I'm not finding too many differences between the brands except the photos are different sizes.

Granted I know very little about photography; 'point and shoot' is about my limit at this point. But it'd be cool to own a film camera again, it's been about twenty years, and not having to worry about actually finding a place that -does- photos would be a plus.

I've seen them. It's tempting isn't it? Though I hardly have a use for them.  Undecided

E.J.MonCrieff
Officer
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2021, 09:22:33 pm »

About forty or fifty years ago I was very interested in photograpy - bought the camera bodies, lenses, accessories, etc.  Still have them, though I've got rid of the developing tanks, and the enlarger.  Now I'm interested in Steampunk, it would be fun to go back and try my hand at sepia tinting, and the various other techniques that the pioneer photographers used, but I don't fancy turning a room into a darkroom.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: