Author Topic: ~Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ~ Trinkets, Taxidermy, Trash ~Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ~  (Read 5418 times)

Synistor 303

• Snr. Officer
  • Zenyna Ironbracker
Re: ~Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ~ Trinkets, Taxidermy, Trash ~Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ~
« Reply #75 on: May 02, 2022, 11:39:49 pm »
Oh wow!

Cora Courcelle

• Zeppelin Captain
« Reply #76 on: May 03, 2022, 02:43:53 pm »

Wow, very impressive! Rather puts playing with Lego into the shade. I hope at some point you can post piccys of the finished build (although it seems off to call it that considering it's supposed to look like a ruin.)

Yours,
Miranda.

P.S. we don't need one of these in our garden as, since nobody in the family has the faintest idea about gardening and even less time to do it, the whole garden is a folly...

My dear Miranda
I think you'll find the correct term for this is an 'eco garden'.  I am considering making a sign to put at the front of the house indicating this fact, thus making a virtue out of the fact that we don't mow the grass as often as others in the road.  (Particularly the rather sanctimonious 'village in bloom' residents  :D :D :D)

I love the idea of a folly though and this one looks as if it is going to be gorgeously whimsical.
You have to tread a fine line between avant-garde surrealism and getting yourself sectioned...

SeVeNeVeS

• Master Tinkerer
  • Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
« Reply #77 on: June 12, 2022, 06:13:52 am »
I haven't been idle on this,  its turned into a major re-vamp of the whole garden.

So far I have half drained the pond and added a few more plants, its only there as a water feature and for my newts / wildlife to breed in, no fish.

Emptied the plant pots and redistributed to different areas.(not the best time of year so some looking a little stressed)

Drilled some holes in patio slabs to accept said plants.

So, I'm working on the foreground and background as I look out of the conservatory at the moment, before the folly is built, which I do actually have a final plan for, make it up as I go along is the general idea.......... I do a lot of free-flow and it usually looks OK.

I'm going for a natural, general ruin feel with Steampunk elements to enhance the look for the whole postage stamp of a garden. The thing is I hate gardening, but this has started to get me into it......... I'm getting old ::)
« Last Edit: June 12, 2022, 06:49:28 am by SeVeNeVeS »

SeVeNeVeS

• Master Tinkerer
  • Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
« Reply #78 on: June 17, 2022, 03:14:01 pm »
So I have been doing a little but it is so hot, my back is burnt after 2 days and the pug is going off so quick I am seriously struggling, broke 2 bits of the puzzle already..........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ls5Gj0reUJw

It's hot down south...........
« Last Edit: June 17, 2022, 03:19:08 pm by SeVeNeVeS »

James Harrison

• Immortal
  • Bachelor of the Arts; Master of the Sciences
« Reply #79 on: June 17, 2022, 04:53:19 pm »
How did two of the bits get broken?- does that suggest the parts are especially fragile?
Persons intending to travel by open carriage should select a seat with their backs to the engine, by which means they will avoid the ashes emitted therefrom, that in travelling generally, but particularly through the tunnels, prove a great annoyance; the carriage farthest from the engine will in consequence be found the most desirable.

SeVeNeVeS

• Master Tinkerer
  • Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
« Reply #80 on: June 18, 2022, 04:58:55 am »
How did two of the bits get broken?- does that suggest the parts are especially fragile?
A combination of cement too dry and me being heavy handed. as I tapped one end to level it cracked down the middle. Not too worried as it is a ruin after all, I'm thinking of chipping some brick edges to age the final look. Everything looks far too new and crispy clean atm.

Miranda.T

• Zeppelin Captain
« Reply #81 on: June 18, 2022, 07:13:44 pm »
That is really brave for doing any of this work in the heat of the last few days! Hopefully the current return to more usual UK conditions (i.e. damp and a bit chilly) will make the work a little more comfortable.

Yours,
Miranda.