The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
January 28, 2022, 11:39:18 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: First Post-Covid Performance with the Dulcimers  (Read 591 times)
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord
United States United States

"This is the sort of thing no-one ever believes"

rtafStElmo
« on: May 28, 2021, 11:26:01 pm »

On May 15th, elements of North Harris County Dulcimer Society, Cy-Fair Jammers, Cy-Fair Strummers, and the Forum Strummers, along with several others, got together and peformed for the first time, post-Pandemic, at the Annual Katy Folklife Festival at Katy ISD's Kenneth Welch Outdoor Learning Center in Katy, Texas. (It took me until last Saturday to figure out how to get the vid on Youtube from my Iphone (huge learning curve, there), and I've been submerged in Family activities (Takin' care of th' Folks) since then, and only just now remembered to post this here for those who might be interested.

No masks; it was just a few hours since the CDC tentatively first suggested that Vaxxed folks might not need to wear masks, and it was outside with a good breeze, so we all un-masked and stayed that way all day (one of the criteria for participation was to have been fully vaxxed, soo...). I was the last to remove my mask, though. No skin off my nose, I'm the only banjo/fiddle/harmonica player in the bunch (two others play wind instruments occasionally), so I'm sort of used to bein' the oddball  Grin .

https://youtu.be/SCPk_LuPxFk

I'm holding the Iphone, and I didn't bring my selfie stick, so I'm not in the video - But my banjo is!

The lady panning with her Iphone is sharing the performance with the ZOOM meeting of NHCDS's monthly meeting, which was on the same day (3rd Saturday)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2021, 12:53:18 am by MWBailey » Logged

Walk softly and carry a big banjo...

""quid statis aspicientes in infernum"
J. Wilhelm
╬ Admiral und Luftschiffengel ╬
Board Moderator
Immortal
United States United States

Sentisne fortunatum punkus? Veni. Diem meum comple

« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2021, 04:16:37 am »

On May 15th, elements of North Harris County Dulcimer Society, Cy-Fair Jammers, Cy-Fair Strummers, and the Forum Strummers, along with several others, got together and peformed for the first time, post-Pandemic, at the Annual Katy Folklife Festival at Katy ISD's Kenneth Welch Outdoor Learning Center in Katy, Texas. (It took me until last Saturday to figure out how to get the vid on Youtube from my Iphone (huge learning curve, there), and I've been submerged in Family activities (Takin' care of th' Folks) since then, and only just now remembered to post this here for those who might be interested.

No masks; it was just a few hours since the CDC tentatively first suggested that Vaxxed folks might not need to wear masks, and it was outside with a good breeze, so we all un-masked and stayed that way all day (one of the criteria for participation was to have been fully vaxxed, soo...). I was the last to remove my mask, though. No skin off my nose, I'm the only banjo/fiddle/harmonica player in the bunch (two others play wind instruments occasionally), so I'm sort of used to bein' the oddball  Grin .

https://youtu.be/SCPk_LuPxFk

I'm holding the Iphone, and I didn't bring my selfie stick, so I'm not in the video - But my banjo is!

The lady panning with her Iphone is sharing the performance with the ZOOM meeting of NHCDS's monthly meeting, which was on the same day (3rd Saturday)

That's pretty cool! You got the means now to get your videos on YouTube. Definitely need to post them in Auricular. You got a 19th C vibe going on already.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: