Author Topic: Been thinking of a Steampunk letter writing style game  (Read 615 times)

rovingjack

• Zeppelin Admiral
  • https://youtube.com/c/RovingJack
    • rovingjack.com
Been thinking of a Steampunk letter writing style game
« on: April 21, 2021, 01:38:09 am »
been thinking on letter writing games in the style of De Profundis and how they might be played online. All I can think of is maybe in the Roleplaying threads of the forum do a sort of scientific society for mad sciences to share their experiments toward a common theory or goal. People would invent a character, and the goal or theory would be proposed in the first letter and it would progress to the next letter and the person could quote the previous letter to the recipient in their post, but nobody playing could read the posts not addressed to them.

I'm not sure I've figured it all out but I'd like to play something like this. Heck I'd enjoy playing De Profundis, but the only person I know who wants to write letters and would be interested is on medication for delusions already, I don't really want to break them by starting a group letter writing game with lovecraftian roots.
When an explosion explodes hard enough, the dust wakes up and thinks about itself.