The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
March 06, 2021, 12:21:51 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Aerial Kraken Defense Thread:  (Read 717 times)
Mercury Wells
Rogue Ætherlord
I insiste that you do call me WELLS. :)

« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2021, 10:53:38 pm »

Hmmmm, that's a tricky one.  Pernese for the intelligence, adaptability and beauty,  Mordorian for the terror-inducing ruthlessness.
Perhaps some sort of hybrid?
(Definitely with no oriental traits or they would just want to drink tea and discuss the finer points of kraken symbology in ancient art).

So it's either a Mornese or a Perdorian then?

Oh...my old war wound? I got that at The Battle of Dorking. Very nasty affair that was, I can tell you.

The Ministry of Tea respectfully advises you to drink one cup of tea day...for that +5 Moral Fibre stat.
J. Wilhelm
╬ Admiral und Luftschiffengel ╬
Board Moderator
Immortal
United States United States

Sentisne fortunatum punkus? Veni. Diem meum comple

« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2021, 06:38:53 am »

Not to mention that Mandarin dragons will only attack from one direction. You know? Feng Shui, and all that jazz?

E.J.MonCrieff
Gunner
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2021, 05:28:53 pm »

Hmmmm, that's a tricky one.  Pernese for the intelligence, adaptability and beauty,  Mordorian for the terror-inducing ruthlessness.
Perhaps some sort of hybrid?
(Definitely with no oriental traits or they would just want to drink tea and discuss the finer points of kraken symbology in ancient art).

You might be able to restrain the hybrid dragon's propensity to drink tea if you offered it only milk, not a choice of milk or lemon.
c96plusMauserpuppy
Deck Hand
United States United States

« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2021, 11:20:17 pm »

As German 88mm  Flak Cannon didn't exist until about  1930-ish, it's not Steampunk. So rules out heavy flak as a defense, too.  Perhaps a tank or crawling mech with twin 37mm P0m-Poms? 
von Corax
Squire of the Lambda Calculus
Board Moderator
Immortal
Canada Canada

Prof. Darwin Prætorius von Corax

« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2021, 02:58:59 am »

As German 88mm  Flak Cannon didn't exist until about  1930-ish, it's not Steampunk. So rules out heavy flak as a defense, too.  Perhaps a tank or crawling mech with twin 37mm P0m-Poms? 
The Congreve rocket and the Shrapnel shell both date to around 1804 (adoption), and both were used by Sir Arthur Wellesley in the very first World War. Add in a small steam-powered mechanical brain and I'm sure we could come up with something.

By the power of caffeine do I set my mind in motion
By the Beans of Life do my thoughts acquire speed
My hands acquire a shaking
The shaking becomes a warning
By the power of caffeine do I set my mind in motion
The Leverkusen Institute of Paleocybernetics is 5838 km from Reading
E.J.MonCrieff
Gunner
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2021, 09:23:02 pm »

The Congreve rocket and the Shrapnel shell both date to around 1804 (adoption), and both were used by Sir Arthur Wellesley in the very first World War. Add in a small steam-powered mechanical brain and I'm sure we could come up with something.

Shrapnel shells fired from howitzers or mortars should prove quite effective, especially if they were fused to explode at maximum altitude
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: