The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
April 18, 2021, 01:36:22 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A year of Challenges  (Read 1845 times)
von Corax
Squire of the Lambda Calculus
Board Moderator
Master Tinkerer
Canada Canada

Prof. Darwin Prætorius von Corax

« Reply #50 on: February 27, 2021, 04:53:53 pm »

I will note that the image at the top of the page here that was my list to pick projects from is absent for me. And I think this has happened for other pictures I've posted to the forum in other threads. I think it has to do with the fact that the only way I can seem to post pics is to post first to Facebook, then copy the image link from facebook and paste it in here. I'll have to figure out a better wayto get photos here.
It's only these photos, and it happened right after a Firefox update, so I suspect you're a casualty in the war between Facebook and The Mozilla Foundation.*

here's to some fun making crazy projects.
You look like you're enjoying yourself. I envy you your ambition.

*My browser flagged "Facebook" as a typo, but not "Mozilla." Tongue

By the power of caffeine do I set my mind in motion
By the Beans of Life do my thoughts acquire speed
My hands acquire a shaking
The shaking becomes a warning
By the power of caffeine do I set my mind in motion
The Leverkusen Institute of Paleocybernetics is 5838 km from Reading
rovingjack
Zeppelin Admiral
United States United States

https://youtube.com/c/RovingJack

« Reply #51 on: February 28, 2021, 05:34:59 am »

X is for xerography art (xerox art)

edit: to add

A is for Acrylic paint pouring

Little disappointed with this one. No cells formed, the colors muddled and it just feels like it could have gone better. I did one on paper that came out even worse, but with the intent to see if the paper can be cut into strips and glued into other works later. we will see if I can do something with this in the future.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2021, 11:30:21 am by rovingjack » Logged

When an explosion explodes hard enough, the dust wakes up and thinks about itself.
rovingjack
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #52 on: February 28, 2021, 04:45:30 pm »

B is for book Binding (coptic stitch experimental hexagonal book design)

C is for chalk carving

Z is for Ziti ( i suppose I could have made baked ziti, but instead I chose to carve it and make it gold and silver
« Last Edit: February 28, 2021, 04:47:43 pm by rovingjack » Logged
rovingjack
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #53 on: March 01, 2021, 04:43:52 am »

M is for Mask hand sewn by me

V is for Victory Vase made from silver wrapping paper

and that's it for the alphabet projects. 26 projects, one for each letter of the alphabet in the month of february.

... now on to marching to my own tune. lol.
Banfili
Zeppelin Admiral
Australia Australia

« Reply #54 on: March 01, 2021, 06:35:38 am »

You have done well, rovingjack!
I like the space material you used on your mask.
SeVeNeVeS
Master Tinkerer
England England

« Reply #55 on: March 20, 2021, 05:48:14 pm »

Oh and I'm also going to do another youtube channel for some slightly more unconventional projects a sort of Autodidact journal as it were:

-KonMari minimalist organizing
-learn to flip food in a pan
-roll a coin across my knuckles continuously
-fire eating
-firehandling
-learn fire breathing
-a routine of magic tricks
-juggling
-decorative napkin folding
- pen spinning
-card throwing
-learn 10 different dances
- calculate the day of the week of any date

and that may get me tthrough June if things go well, at which point I've got a huge list to pick more from.
Deep sided pan, wok or saute pan, non stick and you can flip to your hearts content, no skill, slight flip of the wrist....... and done.  omelettes, stir fries, etc like a pro' Wink

MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

"This is the sort of thing no-one ever believes"

rtafStElmo
« Reply #56 on: March 21, 2021, 05:34:05 am »

Oh and I'm also going to do another youtube channel for some slightly more unconventional projects a sort of Autodidact journal as it were:

-fire eating
-firehandling
-learn fire breathing
-juggling
- pen spinning
-card throwing

and that may get me tthrough June if things go well, at which point I've got a huge list to pick more from.
Deep sided pan, wok or saute pan, non stick and you can flip to your hearts content, no skill, slight flip of the wrist....... and done.  omelettes, stir fries, etc like a pro' Wink

Question: is it possible to flip while jolding food in a pan?

« Last Edit: March 21, 2021, 06:14:43 am by MWBailey » Logged

Walk softly and carry a big banjo...

""quid statis aspicientes in infernum"
SeVeNeVeS
Master Tinkerer
England England

« Reply #57 on: March 21, 2021, 07:10:45 am »

-fire eating
-firehandling
-learn fire breathing
-juggling
- pen spinning
-card throwing

Question: is it possible to flip while jolding food in a pan?

I feel that would depend on your temperament and current mood whilst in the kitchen.
rovingjack
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #58 on: April 06, 2021, 02:22:54 am »

this months project is to create a standup comedy.

You might be thinking: Surely you can't be serious?

To which I must reply: of course not this is comedy...

... and don't call me Shirley.
rovingjack
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #59 on: April 14, 2021, 01:16:01 am »

is it cheating if I figured out the story line for my july independent film today? I mean I'm the one making these challenges for myself, and it's all made up and the points don't matter, but still feels a bit like getting ahead before it starts.

meanwhile I'm tempted to scrap the comedy set that I was working on, starting over with one that's more how I joke around with folks, rather than a constructed scripted act.

Planning my photography book project for May and debating if my June game Jam will be a board game, or a computer game this year, next year I'll do the other one.

Which brings up the skills I want to learn this year, and the monthly challenges together being part of a series of videos. The skills I want to learn this year, the monthly challenges and my desire to work towards a more stable future for myself seemed to all be possible to frame from the perspective of starting from zero and working on them for a time. And I thought 0-60 seemed like a good number. So some of the skills I'll be working on will be 0-60 days, some will be 60 hours, some might be 60 minutes if I pick them up quickly. But the monthly challeneges I decided to frame as 60 weeks. So while I've been doing the ones so far since new years, I'll be setting out to document them on a youtube channel starting the end of this month and counting May 2021 (mayking a photography book) through June 2022 (second june game jam). That way it'll be 60 weeks. Which also means I do May and June twice in those 60 weeks.

I started a channel for these, and my making a stable future for myself, and am setting it up as 60 weeks to see how things go on those fronts, and while I'm at it I'm looking at the idea of seeing where I can take a youtube channel starting from zero, in 60 weeks. After the first 60 weeks I'll be stopping the youtube channel updates, and most of the monthly challenge weekly updates and then only doing more of that for requests and milestones. But I'm hoping to add new things like taking an 'art career' from 0-60; and maybe something else.

So another question for anyone interested is  what are some thoughts on:
a) board game or video game this june?
b) if I do my very short video updates for each of these things each week on a monday - wednesday - friday, and wednesday is the youtube channels from 0-60, do we like money mondays, and ?skill learning fridays? or financial fridays and ?learning mondays?
c) Monthly challenges done on the weekends for the first 60 months?
d) or do I abandon all reason and go for Monthly challenge mondays, Youtube channel 0-60 wednesdays, Financial fridays and serial skilling saturday/sundays?
« Last Edit: April 14, 2021, 04:57:45 am by rovingjack » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: