The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
November 28, 2020, 12:26:26 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So its been what feels like about a million years...  (Read 222 times)
Shadow Of The Tower
Snr. Officer
United States United States

« on: November 09, 2020, 07:54:30 am »

Since I last posted....or really got my hands dirty doing something 'creative' rather than just doing what I had to do to keep the wheels on the household.

Buuuut.....recently I've finally started closing in on finishing my new shop....which has led to the de-assing of my old one, and hence digging up old projects, and thinking about this place and better days.

In any case, a thought I would say hi, and share a few pics of the new shop I'm slooowly putting together.

Also...all my other forums have temporarily lost their freaking minds this week and figured if anyplace on the net would be safe...it would here.

So, the whole place, since its been years and probably nobody remembers where I'm at.

Kitchen:

The shop....not finished:

Ye pile of olde blacksmith tools I excavated from my old shop:

Hey, the forge still works:

Sorontar
Zeppelin Admiral
Australia Australia

All ideas should have wings

« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2020, 10:46:30 am »

Welcome back,

What is it that you make/sell? What creative urges stir you?

Sorontar

Sorontar, Captain of 'The Aethereal Dancer'
Advisor to HM Engineers on matters aethereal, aeronautic and cosmographic
http://eyrie.sorontar.com
Shadow Of The Tower
Snr. Officer

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2020, 12:21:34 pm »

Welcome back,

What is it that you make/sell? What creative urges stir you?

Sorontar

Mostly what I make is a household. I'm my one mechanic, builder, laborer, electrician, plumber, cook, general manager, firefighter, medic...and I've got a five year old girl.

I USED to mostly make sharp pointy things, and flat hard things to protect people from sharp pointy things. For several years now, I haven't done a heck of a lot other than work on my house and keep the cars running, but now its winter, and for the first time I have a HEATED shop to work in so hoping to get back into making stuff I actually want to make this winter.

A couple old pics of some things I made, everything I make is functional, as in, it actually is what it looks like it is and does what you would think it would do.

This was my hot water heater for about four years until one night it froze and burst its pipes and went with a commercial unit for a replacement.

A shop light.

A hand cannon:

Some pokey slashy spiky things

I guess my 'urges' are to make REAL the kind of things that I see in books, movies, videogames, etc and try to come up with a life that approaches what most people imagine only as fantasy.

J. Wilhelm
╬ Admiral und Luftschiffengel ╬
Board Moderator
Immortal

Sentisne fortunatum punkus? Veni. Diem meum comple

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2020, 08:09:33 pm »

Very nice house, Tower! The last time we only saw the tower. Sad to hear about the water heater, but hey, it worked, right? Nice swords too.

On your other forums going nuts. Not surprised. I think I expected it, actually. Some states might have to face some of the those folks on the streets this year (in fact I think we may have already seen a few on the road). Fun times - not.

Hey have you thought - looking at the size / finish of the tower and shop, doing a genuine 15h century "half-timbered" finish? I'm talking "Tudor" but the real think, not the "fake two-door" we have in the US? Look at the Victorian building thread a few pages back from the end.

« Last Edit: November 09, 2020, 08:41:24 pm by J. Wilhelm » Logged

Darkhound
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2020, 09:48:02 pm »

You have a Noble Residence there, Shadow of the Tower! If that's whatyou have been doing, your time was not wasted.

I envy your  craftsmanship, Sir or Madam, as the case may be. (I have dumb hands, myself.) Your Irish sword is magnificent!
« Last Edit: November 09, 2020, 09:51:11 pm by Darkhound » Logged

"Stupidity is a curse with which even the Gods struggle in vain. Ignorance we can fix."
Shadow Of The Tower
Snr. Officer

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2020, 11:42:30 pm »

Very nice house, Tower! The last time we only saw the tower.

Indeed, the 'master plan' is about 2/3rds completed now. Eventually the whole thing will be a roughly triangular shaped enclosed compound with the shop being one 'wall' the Tower and kitchen addition another, and a yet to be constructed third wing connecting them on the long side.

On your other forums going nuts. Not surprised. I think I expected it, actually. Some states might have to face some of the those folks on the streets this year (in fact I think we may have already seen a few on the road). Fun times - not.

Not at all surprised either. But there is a reason I live in a tower in the mountains miles from anyone.

Hey have you thought - looking at the size / finish of the tower and shop, doing a genuine 15h century "half-timbered" finish? I'm talking "Tudor" but the real think, not the "fake two-door" we have in the US? Look at the Victorian building thread a few pages back from the end.

I've thought about it once or twice Smiley

Actually that has always been my plan. Good eye. I plan to divide up the outside with timbers and stucco the panels between.

My whole place is heavily inspired by half timber castles and the 'Bastile House' concept.

Prof Marvel
Zeppelin Captain
Western Sahara Western Sahara

too depressed for words

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2020, 05:37:51 am »

Looking Good, Tower!
glad to see you back, too.
I applaud your plans and continuing efforts!

just an FYI,
Brass Goggles is undergoing a sort of transition ....
for the whole story , start here

"New admin needed"
http://brassgoggles.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,51232.0.html

yhs
prof marvel

The world is in Hell and I am too depressed for words
Shadow Of The Tower
Snr. Officer

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2020, 10:08:26 am »

More progress on the shop. Trying to hold off moving in until I actually have it finished but can't resist:

J. Wilhelm
╬ Admiral und Luftschiffengel ╬
Board Moderator
Immortal

Sentisne fortunatum punkus? Veni. Diem meum comple

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2020, 05:18:29 pm »

You can't move in until you have a round flash and bellows setup to create a homunculus and philosopher's stone to turn lead into gold.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: