The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
November 28, 2020, 12:24:55 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Steampunk Evil Clown Make Up  (Read 218 times)
chicar
Rogue Ætherlord
Canada Canada

Student in Techno-Shamanism and Lyncanthrope

Chicar556
« on: October 24, 2020, 11:48:02 pm »

Cool Halloween Idea For The Cosmeticly Gifted:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jion1wcHfUs&t=147s

« Last Edit: October 25, 2020, 03:22:43 pm by chicar » Logged

The word pagan came from paganus , who mean peasant . Its was a way to significate than christianism was the religion of the elite and paganism the one of the savage worker class.

''Trickster shows us how we trick OURSELVES. Her rampant curiosity backfires, but, then, something NEW is discovered (though usually not what She expected)! This is where creativity comes from—experiment, do something different, maybe even something forbidden, and voila! A breakthrough occurs! Ha! Ha! We are released! The world is created anew! Do something backwards, break your own traditions, the barrier breaks; destroy the world as you know it, let the new in.''
Extract of the Dreamflesh article ''Path of The Sacred Clown''
Prof Marvel
Zeppelin Captain
Western Sahara Western Sahara

too depressed for words

« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2020, 03:44:33 am »

Thanks for the subject chiccar!

I myself am NOT a fan of scary clowns, practical jokes, pranks, or anything designed to be "instill fear"

I operate under the premise that it is a wierd world out there, and if someone "appears" to be attacking
me I will proactively assume that I AM under attack, and will defend myself until the threat is neutralized. 

Thus, people who know me, know enough not to pull practical jokes or pranks on me as they will not go over well,
and there may very well be injuries . Laugh off your broken arm funny boy.

As a result, I have a little compilation of "scary clown gone bad" items sort of like the darwin awards
that I periodically share for "educational  purposes"

There are a few places that take no clown crap:

"Scary Clown Sightings and reports"

Croatia
Sightings in Croatia begun on October 16 in Osijek, then followed in other cities, such as Karlovac and Trilj. Some teenagers allegedly beat a person dressed as a clown in Osijek and on October 21, the first three people dressed as clowns were arrested in Karlovac. On October 22, another person dressed as a clown was arrested[66] in Varaždin.

Denmark
On October 14, a man in Holbæk was followed by a male dressed as a clown. He managed to punch the clown in the face.

Finland
On the evening of 22 October in the Kallio district of Helsinki, two clowns jumped in front of a 30-year-old man, who was jogging with his dog. The dog bit one and the man punched another of the clowns. However, the clowns managed to escape. The man made a police report of the incident, and the police did not find the suspects.

Mexico
On the early morning of October 7, several news sources reported that two males dressed as clowns were found dead in Ecatepec, a suburb of Mexico City, possibly due to being beaten to death by a group of people after the clowns were scaring people.

England
On October 7 , a man in Plymouth, South West England, was confronted by a clown with a hammer while walking home from a Tesco supermarket. The clown stood in front of the man, blocking his path and then refused to move when asked, before the man chased the clown away.

On October 12, a tradesman in Blackburn, Lancashire apparently tackled a knife-wielding man dressed as a clown and suffered serious hand injuries.

California
On October 16, a person dressed as a clown holding a knife approached a man sitting on his porch outside his house in Santa Clarita, and the home owner fired a gun in the air, scaring the clown.

New York
After a sighting at St. Bonaventure University, school officials issued a statement on October 5 requesting that students not take matters into their own hands when confronting potentially dangerous situations. Reports say that students had created a sign-up sheet for an "Anti-Clown Army" and students were later seen roaming the campus armed with baseball bats

Virginia
On October 6, 2016, a clown was reported on the campus of James Madison University. Students armed with pepper spray and baseball bats formed posses to hunt the clown down, although the sighting was later revealed to be a hoax.

and my favorite
somewhere in the EU, and the language is "Portugese" so. .....

it looks like the pranksters picked the wrong man  who, after stopping the prank proceeds to give all the pranksters a long  lecture... whilst waving his knife..
in another longer video,  one can see the "victim" threatening the clown with the gas pump hose....

https://youtu.be/TKOOF5aCRGQ?t=33

The world is in Hell and I am too depressed for words
Deimos
Snr. Officer
United States United States

aka Countess Millicent Addlewood

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2020, 04:44:36 am »

Clowns.Are.Evil.
(End of discussion)

Here is a test to find out if your mission in life is complete:
If you're alive, it isn't. -- Lauren Bacall

"You can tell a man's vices by his friends, his virtues by his enemies."

"Only the paranoid survive."
J. Wilhelm
╬ Admiral und Luftschiffengel ╬
Board Moderator
Immortal

Sentisne fortunatum punkus? Veni. Diem meum comple

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2020, 10:38:02 am »

Thanks for the subject chiccar!

I myself am NOT a fan of scary clowns, practical jokes, pranks, or anything designed to be "instill fear"

I operate under the premise that it is a wierd world out there, and if someone "appears" to be attacking
me I will proactively assume that I AM under attack, and will defend myself until the threat is neutralized.  

Thus, people who know me, know enough not to pull practical jokes or pranks on me as they will not go over well,
and there may very well be injuries . Laugh off your broken arm funny boy.

As a result, I have a little compilation of "scary clown gone bad" items sort of like the darwin awards
that I periodically share for "educational  purposes"

There are a few places that take no clown crap:

"Scary Clown Sightings and reports"

Croatia
Sightings in Croatia begun on October 16 in Osijek, then followed in other cities, such as Karlovac and Trilj. Some teenagers allegedly beat a person dressed as a clown in Osijek and on October 21, the first three people dressed as clowns were arrested in Karlovac. On October 22, another person dressed as a clown was arrested[66] in Varaždin.

Denmark
On October 14, a man in Holbæk was followed by a male dressed as a clown. He managed to punch the clown in the face.

Finland
On the evening of 22 October in the Kallio district of Helsinki, two clowns jumped in front of a 30-year-old man, who was jogging with his dog. The dog bit one and the man punched another of the clowns. However, the clowns managed to escape. The man made a police report of the incident, and the police did not find the suspects.

Mexico
On the early morning of October 7, several news sources reported that two males dressed as clowns were found dead in Ecatepec, a suburb of Mexico City, possibly due to being beaten to death by a group of people after the clowns were scaring people.

England
On October 7 , a man in Plymouth, South West England, was confronted by a clown with a hammer while walking home from a Tesco supermarket. The clown stood in front of the man, blocking his path and then refused to move when asked, before the man chased the clown away.

On October 12, a tradesman in Blackburn, Lancashire apparently tackled a knife-wielding man dressed as a clown and suffered serious hand injuries.

California
On October 16, a person dressed as a clown holding a knife approached a man sitting on his porch outside his house in Santa Clarita, and the home owner fired a gun in the air, scaring the clown.

New York
After a sighting at St. Bonaventure University, school officials issued a statement on October 5 requesting that students not take matters into their own hands when confronting potentially dangerous situations. Reports say that students had created a sign-up sheet for an "Anti-Clown Army" and students were later seen roaming the campus armed with baseball bats

Virginia
On October 6, 2016, a clown was reported on the campus of James Madison University. Students armed with pepper spray and baseball bats formed posses to hunt the clown down, although the sighting was later revealed to be a hoax.

and my favorite
somewhere in the EU, and the language is "Portugese" so. .....

it looks like the pranksters picked the wrong man  who, after stopping the prank proceeds to give all the pranksters a long  lecture... whilst waving his knife..
in another longer video,  one can see the "victim" threatening the clown with the gas pump hose....

https://youtu.be/TKOOF5aCRGQ?t=33

Ecatepec is a rough poor neighborhood. I'm sure the "clowns" were doing something else than just scaring people. More along the lines of robbing people or even kidnap attempts (my guess, given the large number of kidnapping cases in the country). If I'm right, then the "clowns" got what they deserve, especially if children or young women were targeted, and in spite of vigilante justice being administered without due process.

There's a famous video of what happened earlier this year to a would be robber aboard a micro-bus taxi. Two assailants late at night tried to rob about 5 or 6 people, while the vehicle was in motion. The two robbers got attacked and tried to escape the cab while the vehicle was moving. One managed to escape. The other one could not get away, as th driver sped up and the passengers beat him up. They actually ripped all his clothes off, before dragging him naked off the bus into the hands of the police.

The other assailant who got away was captured by the police this month. My understanding is that the one who got beat up tried to sue the passengers!  Cheesy Grin
« Last Edit: October 27, 2020, 11:01:30 am by J. Wilhelm » Logged

SeVeNeVeS
Master Tinkerer
England England

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2020, 02:43:35 pm »

Clowns.Are.Evil.
(End of discussion)
I concur......... Pennywise in IT just about sums up clowns, creepy buggers, best be avoided IMO.

Deimos
Snr. Officer

aka Countess Millicent Addlewood

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2020, 04:40:47 am »

A bit of a long read, but still pretty interesting:

The History and Psychology of Scary Clowns
Hurricane Annie
Zeppelin Captain
New Zealand New Zealand

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2020, 03:53:15 pm »

Most clowns are male. Is there a deeper significance or is is merely tradition ?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: