The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
December 05, 2020, 12:50:20 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Historybounding  (Read 237 times)
Cora Courcelle
Snr. Officer
England England

« on: October 09, 2020, 03:57:07 pm »

I'm sure you've probably heard of this, but it's a word I hadn't come across before so I asked Mr Google for a definition:

'Historybounding is the act of incorporating historical or history inspired clothing into your day-to-day fashion choices'

Is it just me or does that strike a cord ?

You have to tread a fine line between avant-garde surrealism and getting yourself sectioned...
Synistor 303
Snr. Officer
Australia Australia

Zenyna Ironbracker

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2020, 07:08:26 am »

What a sturdy and honourable-sounding word! ...And when questioned in a sneering manner, one can look down one's nose and inform the ignoranus (not a typo) that one is Historybounding.
Hurricane Annie
Zeppelin Captain
New Zealand New Zealand

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2020, 08:17:07 am »

I'm sure you've probably heard of this, but it's a word I hadn't come across before so I asked Mr Google for a definition:

'Historybounding is the act of incorporating historical or history inspired clothing into your day-to-day fashion choices'

Is it just me or does that strike a cord ?

It's a new word to me Miss Cora. I shall be incorporating it into my vocabulary to shock and awe my fellow  vollunteer soldiers at the local Salvation Army Store

"We have a Historybounder here , wondering if we have any  tweed jackets for some do he's got going on  "

" There will be some Historybounding customers that will really go for these retro men's dress shirts"

"The Historybounding vollies  on the other shifts try to save some  shocking gear that keeps clogs up the racks"
Sorontar
Zeppelin Admiral
Australia Australia

All ideas should have wings

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2020, 09:27:02 am »

Historybound is also the name of businesses in estate appraisal, antiques, but also a proposed way of running elections.

Language is always creative.

Sorontar

Sorontar, Captain of 'The Aethereal Dancer'
Advisor to HM Engineers on matters aethereal, aeronautic and cosmographic
http://eyrie.sorontar.com
Lepidoptera
Gunner
United States United States

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2020, 11:57:13 pm »

A lot like Disneybounding, wherein people go to Disney attractions wearing stuff "inspired by" Disney characters, because Disney doesn't allow people in the parks in full costume (that's the staff's job).
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord
United States United States

"This is the sort of thing no-one ever believes"

rtafStElmo
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2020, 06:04:04 am »

Kind of sounds like what I do all the time when I dress up for appointments or whatever.

Walk softly and carry a big banjo...

""quid statis aspicientes in infernum"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: