The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
September 28, 2020, 08:46:30 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Happy International Beer Day  (Read 113 times)
von Corax
Squire of the Lambda Calculus
Board Moderator
Immortal
Canada Canada

Prof. Darwin Prætorius von Corax

« on: August 07, 2020, 02:29:21 pm »

The first Friday in August is International Beer Day. Cheers/Sláinte!

By the power of caffeine do I set my mind in motion
By the Beans of Life do my thoughts acquire speed
My hands acquire a shaking
The shaking becomes a warning
By the power of caffeine do I set my mind in motion
The Leverkusen Institute of Paleocybernetics is 5838 km from Reading
J. Wilhelm
╬ Admiral und Luftschiffengel ╬
Board Moderator
Immortal
United States United States

Sentisne fortunatum punkus? Veni. Diem meum comple

« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2020, 10:45:01 am »

It is with a heavy heart that I must address the likely future disappearances of various beer brands from the market due to COVID-19. It seems unlikely that a western government would ban beer, given that most governments around the world have sought to keep alcohol production running, perhaps out of psychological need for the population. However, the Mexican government took the position that alcohol production, specifically of beer was non-essential and was undesirable at a time of emergency. The logic behind the decision to shut down all Mexican beer production is very hard to explain, and it lacks merit, regardless of the angle you choose to look at, other than saying the government is discouraging gatherings and celebrations by removing alcohol (not wine, however, just beer).

https://www.washingtonpost.com/es/tablet/2020/05/14/caray-el-coronavirus-paraliza-la-industria-cervecera-mexicana-y-el-pais-se-esta-secando/

So I've been buying the last few cases I could find of Mexican beer at my local supermarket in Texas. There doesn't seem to be a shortage on the American side since the May decree, perhaps because a very large portion of production was already stored in warehouses in the USA.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: