The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
November 30, 2020, 05:53:38 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Paradise: A Comedic Short Story About Retribution And Our Relations To It  (Read 292 times)
chicar
Rogue Ætherlord
Canada Canada

Student in Techno-Shamanism and Lyncanthrope

Chicar556
« on: May 26, 2020, 05:01:09 pm »

Thank to my short temper, retribution is a common theme in my inner universe and last night i come out with a story to funny not to share in written form.

Paradise

Canadinavia is renown to be a benchmark in progressive politic and i was glad to have move there from my native ultra conservative Yeshualand. My first breath of the cleaner air, when electricity as long succeeded to steam , was delightful.  And today, i was happily walking through the neo-classical skyscrapers toward my first grocery in Canadinavian soil. Arrived to the line to the cashier though , i saw than some jerk left his stroller here then go off to some last minute errand. Always the polite one though, i waited in line after him. When he finally arrived, he looked at me like he really expected than i pass before him and the ashamed thank you he babbled enforced this impression. Once i get to the cashier, she announced than the man who make me wait paid for me then added than it was because he wasn’t worthy of my mercy. Weirded out , i exited and is then than i see a old lady who was trying to cross the street . I chilvariously helped her so and she then insisted to pay me. I politely refused but she insisted  more. After a second refusal she indignatedly busted «  do you really want me to abuse of your kindness » .  «  It would be selfish to do good only to expect a reward » i answered. «  It is precisely because your people think that way than we have a better standard of living » the lady quipped after suddenly guessed than i was a foreigner. She then explained than retribution was sacred for Canadinavians. You must do to other what they done to you no matter what.  I left this conversation troubled. Do i am condemned to be in debt of anybody who make me good ?  Do the most minor mystakes will be unforgiven ? Do a simple thank you or sorry is not retribution enough? I was so lost in my thoughts than i bumped on someone else. And then i cracked.

«  PLEASE DON’T PUNISH ME , BUT I DON’T WANT TO OWE YOU FOR FORGIVING ME .I DON’T WANT TO OWE ANYBODY AND DON’T WANT ANYBODY TO OWE ME »

I stayed in the fetal position in the sidewalk in panic. I just arrived and already knew i doesn’t belong here. Only angels can live in Paradise.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2020, 05:04:50 pm by chicar » Logged

The word pagan came from paganus , who mean peasant . Its was a way to significate than christianism was the religion of the elite and paganism the one of the savage worker class.

''Trickster shows us how we trick OURSELVES. Her rampant curiosity backfires, but, then, something NEW is discovered (though usually not what She expected)! This is where creativity comes from—experiment, do something different, maybe even something forbidden, and voila! A breakthrough occurs! Ha! Ha! We are released! The world is created anew! Do something backwards, break your own traditions, the barrier breaks; destroy the world as you know it, let the new in.''
Extract of the Dreamflesh article ''Path of The Sacred Clown''
Prof Marvel
Zeppelin Captain
Western Sahara Western Sahara

too depressed for words

« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2020, 07:17:28 am »

Ah My Dear Chicar -

that is HILARIOUS!
I have alwasy thought it would be interesting to live in a universe where
Be done by as Ye do
was a law, but I NEVER considered the above consequences!

thus, the admonition

Be careful what you wish for-
you may get it.

yhs
prof marvel

The world is in Hell and I am too depressed for words
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: