The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
August 03, 2020, 10:21:57 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Are Female World leaders more successful at managing the coronavirus crisis?  (Read 260 times)
Prof Marvel
Zeppelin Captain
United States United States

learn from history, or be doomed to repeat it

« on: April 29, 2020, 05:32:00 pm »

Survey Says:
Female World leaders more successful at managing the coronavirus crisis

why?
The Female leaders have all demonstrated early acceptance of the pandemic and a concern for People First and action
The Male leaders have all demonstrated early denial of the pandemic and a concern for Money first and cover-ups.

as the article points out, those countries with Female Leadership have shown much better results
I leave the reader to draw their own conclusions....

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/25/why-do-female-leaders-seem-to-be-more-successful-at-managing-the-coronavirus-crisis?utm_source=pocket-newtab

whilst we are complaining...
The pandemic at sea
The cruise industry’s decision to keep sailing for weeks after the coronavirus was first detected
on a ship helped carry the virus around the globe and contributed to the mounting toll,

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2020/politics/cruise-ships-coronavirus

Like I always say, signs of trouble? Corporate Denial? follow the money.....

yhs
prof grumbles

Your Humble Servant
~~~~~Professor Algernon Horatio Ubiquitous Marvel The First~~~~~~
President, CEO, Chairman,  and Chief Bottle Washer of
Professor Marvel's Traveling Apothecary and Fortune Telling Emporium

Acclaimed By The Crowned Heads of Europe
Purveyor of Patent Remedies, Snake Oil, Cleaning Supplies, Dry Goods, and Picture Postcards
Offering Unwanted Advice for All Occasions and Providing Useless Items to the Gentry
Since 1822
Synistor 303
Snr. Officer
Australia Australia

Zenyna Ironbracker

« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2020, 08:50:00 am »

Survey Says:
Female World leaders more successful at managing the coronavirus crisis

why?
The Female leaders have all demonstrated early acceptance of the pandemic and a concern for People First and action
The Male leaders have all demonstrated early denial of the pandemic and a concern for Money first and cover-ups.

as the article points out, those countries with Female Leadership have shown much better results
I leave the reader to draw their own conclusions....

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/25/why-do-female-leaders-seem-to-be-more-successful-at-managing-the-coronavirus-crisis?utm_source=pocket-newtab

whilst we are complaining...
The pandemic at sea
The cruise industry’s decision to keep sailing for weeks after the coronavirus was first detected
on a ship helped carry the virus around the globe and contributed to the mounting toll,

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2020/politics/cruise-ships-coronavirus

Like I always say, signs of trouble? Corporate Denial? follow the money.....

yhs
prof grumbles

Hmmm sounds a bit like the old 'Lies, damned lies and statistics' to me. Last time I checked our country was still being run by a man, (girly man?) and we are doing better per head of population than New Zealand who has a horse nay, a woman for a prime minister, WAY better than Germany, and I couldn't be bothered checking to rest...

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/?utm_campaign=homeAdvegas1?
Deimos
Snr. Officer

aka Countess Millicent Addlewood

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2020, 09:24:58 am »

020/apr/25/why-do-female-leaders-seem-to-be-more-successful-at-managing-the-coronavirus-crisis?utm_source=pocket-newtab[/url]

SNIP...

Hmmm sounds a bit like the old 'Lies, damned lies and statistics' to me. Last time I checked our country was still being run by a man, (girly man?) and we are doing better per head of population than New Zealand who has a horse nay, a woman for a prime minister, WAY better than Germany, and I couldn't be bothered checking to rest...

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/?utm_campaign=homeAdvegas1?

OK....with respect to the NZ PM, were you going to complete the word "horse" with a part of said horse's anatomy? Or were you making reference to the woman's features being "horse-faced"?

Here is a test to find out if your mission in life is complete:
If you're alive, it isn't. -- Lauren Bacall

"You can tell a man's vices by his friends, his virtues by his enemies."

"Only the paranoid survive."
J. Wilhelm
╬ Admiral und Luftschiffengel ╬
Board Moderator
Immortal

Sentisne fortunatum punkus? Veni. Diem meum comple

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2020, 11:23:05 am »

Friendly reminder, folks, that no politics are allowed. No matter how stupid politicians are. I may have allowed a couple of comments on the great orange, but that was due to the magnitude of the stupidity in deed and thought which was so profound that it transcends all of Non-Euclidean space-time, and even made the Lord Chthulu writhe in horrible agony. I also think a couple of walls in the City of R'lyeh collapsed as a result.

Deimos
Snr. Officer

aka Countess Millicent Addlewood

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2020, 02:45:10 pm »

Friendly reminder, folks, that no politics are allowed. No matter how stupid politicians are. I may have allowed a couple of comments on the great orange, but that was due to the magnitude of the stupidity in deed and thought which was so profound that it transcends all of Non-Euclidean space-time, and even made the Lord Chthulu writhe in horrible agony. I also think a couple of walls in the City of R'lyeh collapsed as a result.

Well now, .. if you allowed those few exceptions, where are you drawing the line?

You know some of us may be, just may be, MAGA deplorables from the fly-over states who cling to their guns and religion.
Just sayin', juneau... Wink
« Last Edit: April 30, 2020, 02:46:56 pm by Deimos » Logged
SeVeNeVeS
Immortal
England England

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2020, 03:20:27 pm »

Lock the thread in my opinion.

No Politics or Relgion please, I'm as guilty as anyone, Forum rules are what they are and in these troubled times, I admit I laxed a little.

Wink
« Last Edit: April 30, 2020, 03:43:01 pm by SeVeNeVeS » Logged

J. Wilhelm
╬ Admiral und Luftschiffengel ╬
Board Moderator
Immortal

Sentisne fortunatum punkus? Veni. Diem meum comple

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2020, 05:16:49 pm »

I'm sorry folks. I have to agree with Seveneves. I'm perfectly able to respect your political side, dear Deimos, and please know we have conservatives, one of whom I consider a good friend in the forum who has been here, since before I was, I think (oh, I forget, age is getting to me - the friendship invitation applies to you too Deimos). And if you ask that friend his opinion, he'll say exactly the same Mr. Seveneves just said or hit you on the head with a banjo, whichever comes first.

Rules can be bent a little but not broken. And I'm serious in keeping them. Unfortunately talking about female politicians without inviting a talk on politics is oxymoronic.

Thread is locked.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2020, 05:19:16 pm by J. Wilhelm » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: