The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
December 02, 2020, 01:52:44 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Finally gotten 'round to reading Victorian Internet  (Read 310 times)
Lazaras
Zeppelin Admiral
United States United States

Have Wierd; Will Travel.

« on: April 13, 2020, 04:12:52 pm »

So far it is a rather interesting bit of personal history. I knew the electric telegraph had been attempted before and there was this odd needle pointing to a letter board thing, and that a purely mechanical system had existed before. However I did not realize how much of Morse's life had been an almost sitcom level of get rich quick schemes, and hoe the electric telegraph was deviled to the point reputable entities eouldnt touch it dur to quackery.

Lot of facinating get stuff here in a book I picked up both because quarantine and because working on a book where one of the side threads involves networking so wanted to get a fel for the human element of things in the past, as Ialready have where wizards stay up late, I figure godeeper andfurther back.

Cheapie Theatre
Want something to read? Got ten minutes to kill? Here you go!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: