The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
April 17, 2021, 11:40:35 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 70s Childrens Book ?? About everyone turning lemon yellow because of pollution  (Read 2113 times)
Hurricane Annie
Zeppelin Captain
New Zealand New Zealand

« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2021, 06:47:37 pm »

I’ve been trying to figure out the name of this book too. A friend managed to track it down. It’s :

“In the Grip of the Lemon Fever” by Alet Schouten, 1975

(Translated from the Dutch: “In de greep van de citroenzucht”)[/img][/img]

It was quite deep subject matter and story line for a children's book of the era. Though now in hind sight,  it has a quite prophetic ring to it. Dad could be quite contrary with the books he judged to be required reading. My father would heavily censor our reading material and TV viewing . This one must have  had a morality tale that he approved of.  He may not have been comfortable with the other books by the same author, which may have had more interest to me at the time.

Thanks for sharing
BryanMG
Swab

Canada Canada

« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2021, 05:24:46 pm »

I posted my recollection of the book on Facebook, and a friend said they typed in a few keywords on worldcat.org to find it
Hurricane Annie
Zeppelin Captain
New Zealand New Zealand

« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2021, 01:32:16 am »

I posted my recollection of the book on Facebook, and a friend said they typed in a few keywords on worldcat.org to find it

I'll rember that site.  It will be handy for those wild flashes of long forgotten and garbled memories

It was quite a deep subject matter for its day
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: