The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
August 11, 2020, 11:08:09 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The COVID Ridiculousness Thread  (Read 1647 times)
Synistor 303
Snr. Officer
Australia Australia

Zenyna Ironbracker

« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2020, 02:57:33 pm »

A politician suggested that injecting disinfectant into people might be a solution against COVID-19.

Yep, the COVID-19 won't kill you because the injection might (according to the Australian Chief Medical Officer when asked about this). Nice to know who is the expert in these areas.

I’m sure if you followed those ‘instructions’, you would never be worried by Covid 19 again...
Rockula
Board Moderator
Rogue Ætherlord
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Nothing beats a good hat.

« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2020, 01:01:21 pm »

A politician suggested that injecting disinfectant into people might be a solution against COVID-19.

That politician just tested positive for IQ 19.

The legs have fallen off my Victorian Lady...
SeVeNeVeS
Immortal
England England

« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2020, 01:47:15 pm »

That politician is a complete twonk, oh, hang on It's Trump, no surprise there then.

I'm praying he suggests Mercury could cure the plague, ancient physicians and apothecaries were indeed correct.

I just happen to have a litre bottle full of the stuff at home, sat in a cupboard.............. Cha Ching! Roll Eyes

Astalo
Zeppelin Captain
Finland Finland

« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2020, 05:25:19 pm »

It have probably something to do with this. https://amp.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/24/revealed-leader-group-peddling-bleach-cure-lobbied-trump-coronavirus
J. Wilhelm
╬ Admiral und Luftschiffengel ╬
Board Moderator
Immortal
United States United States

Sentisne fortunatum punkus? Veni. Diem meum comple

« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2020, 06:03:32 pm »

That politician just tested positive for IQ 19.

Sir, you win the Internet Award of the year!

von Corax
Squire of the Lambda Calculus
Board Moderator
Immortal
Canada Canada

Prof. Darwin Prætorius von Corax

« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2020, 11:18:44 pm »

Sûreté du Québec investigating after two cell phone towers catch fire in Laurentians

By the power of caffeine do I set my mind in motion
By the Beans of Life do my thoughts acquire speed
My hands acquire a shaking
The shaking becomes a warning
By the power of caffeine do I set my mind in motion
The Leverkusen Institute of Paleocybernetics is 5838 km from Reading
J. Wilhelm
Board Moderator
Immortal

« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2020, 05:41:38 pm »

The article is a bit vague. The cell phone towers were set on fire because...? Or is that related to the video on the same page where people believe that 5G causes COVID?
« Last Edit: May 05, 2020, 05:44:52 pm by J. Wilhelm » Logged
Darkhound
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2020, 09:50:58 pm »

The article is a bit vague. The cell phone towers were set on fire because...? Or is that related to the video on the same page where people believe that 5G causes COVID?

Exactly so, Mr. Wilhelm. This isn't the only time this has happened, either. Scared, stupid people have been doing this in various places, frequently where there is no excuse for a third grader falling for this quack.

"Stupidity is a curse with which even the Gods struggle in vain. Ignorance we can fix."
J. Wilhelm
Board Moderator
Immortal

« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2020, 10:37:16 pm »

Exactly so, Mr. Wilhelm. This isn't the only time this has happened, either. Scared, stupid people have been doing this in various places, frequently where there is no excuse for a third grader falling for this quack.

Today, I'm very depressed about this. I have a mix of a Gah! and WRF! complaint related to Covid-iocy. I just came back from work and I had a terrible day, but I kind of want people to read what kind of things, we who are essential have to endure. If what I write in the Covid-19 thread in a few minutes makes anyopne be ashamed or think twice, then it would be a productive thing.
Banfili
Zeppelin Admiral
Australia Australia

« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2020, 03:05:30 am »

Same here - two towers set on fire, and one very strange person at a friends COPD clinic saying the the 5G & 5G phones are a government plot to give everyone the virus. The fact that 5G phones have been available for a little while is, apparently, irrelevant!
J. Wilhelm
Board Moderator
Immortal

« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2020, 05:57:48 am »

Same here - two towers set on fire, and one very strange person at a friends COPD clinic saying the the 5G & 5G phones are a government plot to give everyone the virus. The fact that 5G phones have been available for a little while is, apparently, irrelevant!

I'm surprised I haven't heard of an extraterrestrial conspiracy yet. Haven't people read /watched "The Andromeda Strain"?  The virus could be an extraterrestrial plot to take over the world, you know?
Mercury Wells
Rogue Ætherlord
I insiste that you do call me WELLS. :)

« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2020, 02:27:52 pm »

I'm surprised I haven't heard of an extraterrestrial conspiracy yet. Haven't people read /watched "The Andromeda Strain"?  The virus could be an extraterrestrial plot to take over the world, you know?

"UUUUUULLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA"   Grin

Oh...my old war wound? I got that at The Battle of Dorking. Very nasty affair that was, I can tell you.

The Ministry of Tea respectfully advises you to drink one cup of tea day...for that +5 Moral Fibre stat.
Banfili
Zeppelin Admiral
Australia Australia

« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2020, 12:03:14 am »

One of the morons who did a bulk buy - 1400, yes, 1400 - large quantity packs of toilet paper, from different supermarkets, has been trying to get refunds for his purchases from said supermarkets - they laughed in his face!
The man is threatening to sue!
von Corax
Squire of the Lambda Calculus
Board Moderator
Immortal
Canada Canada

Prof. Darwin Prætorius von Corax

« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2020, 01:05:52 am »

Does Australia recognize the tort of Vexatious Litigation? He might just end up on the hook for even more than he's already spent!
Banfili
Zeppelin Admiral
Australia Australia

« Reply #39 on: May 07, 2020, 03:43:40 am »

Does Australia recognize the tort of Vexatious Litigation? He might just end up on the hook for even more than he's already spent!

Yes, there are Vexatious Litigation Acts for each state and territory. I don't think it will get anywhere near a court!
All that has happened so far is that the idiot has been laughed out of every establishment where he has tried it on.
Sorontar
Zeppelin Admiral
Australia Australia

All ideas should have wings

« Reply #40 on: May 07, 2020, 02:29:01 pm »

I think you understated the problem. This article says 5400 rolls. I believe he and his friends were intending to resell the tp on ebay etc for a profit but were stopped, hence the sudden change of heart.

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/health/health-problems/coronavirus-stockpiling-adelaide-man-hoards-5400-toilet-paper-rolls/news-story/d71e60c4c0a32a134c19667aa071ca82

« Last Edit: May 07, 2020, 02:30:41 pm by Sorontar » Logged

Sorontar, Captain of 'The Aethereal Dancer'
Advisor to HM Engineers on matters aethereal, aeronautic and cosmographic
http://eyrie.sorontar.com
J. Wilhelm
Board Moderator
Immortal

« Reply #41 on: May 07, 2020, 03:49:29 pm »

I think you understated the problem. This article says 5400 rolls. I believe he and his friends were intending to resell the tp on ebay etc for a profit but were stopped, hence the sudden change of heart.

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/health/health-problems/coronavirus-stockpiling-adelaide-man-hoards-5400-toilet-paper-rolls/news-story/d71e60c4c0a32a134c19667aa071ca82

A similar situation in the East coast of the US led to confiscation of hand sanitizer and wipes (I don't remember if these were City, County or State authorities). They did not let the person hold the items.

Deimos
Snr. Officer

aka Countess Millicent Addlewood

« Reply #42 on: May 07, 2020, 03:58:14 pm »

Another term for it is profiteering.
It's called "price-gouging" in the States, and it may be deemed illegal during times of an officially declared national emergency. Its illegality is declared/enacted on a state-by-state basis; i.e either the governor of a state has to issue an an executive order, or a state already has laws in place that address it in defined situations.
To my knowledge laws/orders against price gouging have always been enacted in every state during national emergencies.

Now, whether or not merchants and/or individuals pay any attention to the law is an entirely different matter.
As some wag once said about flouting laws, "It's illegal only if you get caught. "  Tongue
« Last Edit: May 07, 2020, 04:09:51 pm by Deimos » Logged

Here is a test to find out if your mission in life is complete:
If you're alive, it isn't. -- Lauren Bacall

"You can tell a man's vices by his friends, his virtues by his enemies."

"Only the paranoid survive."
Banfili
Zeppelin Admiral
Australia Australia

« Reply #43 on: May 08, 2020, 04:15:01 am »

Either way, total idiots!
rovingjack
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #44 on: May 08, 2020, 04:51:57 am »

We Live In The Dumbest Timeline

Prof Marvel
Zeppelin Captain

learn from history, or be doomed to repeat it

« Reply #45 on: May 08, 2020, 06:27:43 am »

It's called "price-gouging" in the States, ......

As some wag once said about flouting laws, "It's illegal only if you get caught. "  Tongue

But then come the neighborhood festivities! The Tarring and Feathering, etc etc...

prf mumbles

Your Humble Servant
~~~~~Professor Algernon Horatio Ubiquitous Marvel The First~~~~~~
President, CEO, Chairman,  and Chief Bottle Washer of
Professor Marvel's Traveling Apothecary and Fortune Telling Emporium

Acclaimed By The Crowned Heads of Europe
Purveyor of Patent Remedies, Snake Oil, Cleaning Supplies, Dry Goods, and Picture Postcards
Offering Unwanted Advice for All Occasions and Providing Useless Items to the Gentry
Since 1822
Deimos
Snr. Officer

« Reply #46 on: May 08, 2020, 07:20:19 am »

But then come the neighborhood festivities! The Tarring and Feathering, etc etc...

prf mumbles

And the Stocks.... can't forget those....
T&F is followed by Being Ridden Out of Town on a Rail, and all that is over pretty quickly.
But the Stocks, oh my, that is entertainment that can go on for days.....  Wink
« Last Edit: May 08, 2020, 07:40:04 am by Deimos » Logged
Mercury Wells
Rogue Ætherlord
I insiste that you do call me WELLS. :)

« Reply #47 on: May 08, 2020, 03:15:02 pm »

prf mumbles

T&F is followed by Being Ridden Out of Town on a Rail, and all that is over pretty quickly.

Ending with the Gibbet.
Deimos
Snr. Officer

« Reply #48 on: May 08, 2020, 04:13:16 pm »

prf mumbles

Ending with the Gibbet.

Alas, that will truly be the end.  Sad
Must then start beating the bushes to flush out another miscreant or two. 
Banfili
Zeppelin Admiral
Australia Australia

« Reply #49 on: May 09, 2020, 03:31:16 am »

prf mumbles

Ending with the Gibbet.

Alas, that will truly be the end.  Sad
Must then start beating the bushes to flush out another miscreant or two. 

Actually, the public shaming of the stocks might do some of these idiots a bit of good - bring back the stocks!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: