The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
January 17, 2021, 10:23:04 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Covid-19 facts, fallacies, and prepardness  (Read 13966 times)
J. Wilhelm
╬ Admiral und Luftschiffengel ╬
Board Moderator
Immortal
United States United States

Sentisne fortunatum punkus? Veni. Diem meum comple

« Reply #525 on: January 05, 2021, 04:22:42 am »

well I've finally gotten test confirmation that I have antibodies present validating my claims that I had it before. I know it's not a promise of not getting it again, or that I won't carry it unknowingly to people I might visit but it's still reassuring to know.

If I understand correctly, you are encouraged to get the vaccine anyway, as that is the the best way to insure long term immunit

J. Wilhelm
Board Moderator
Immortal

« Reply #526 on: January 05, 2021, 06:22:08 pm »

Hospitals in LA are overrun and out of beds. Los Angeles County has instructed EMS personnel to not transport patients who have little chance of survival to hospitals.
Rockula
Board Moderator
Rogue Ætherlord
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Nothing beats a good hat.

« Reply #527 on: January 05, 2021, 07:29:23 pm »

Hospitals in LA are overrun and out of beds. Los Angeles County has instructed EMS personnel to not transport patients who have little chance of survival to hospitals.

The hospital in East London that I can see from my back window was treating Covid patients in the back of ambulances in the car park 'cause there was no room inside the hospital wards.

The legs have fallen off my Victorian Lady...
J. Wilhelm
Board Moderator
Immortal

« Reply #528 on: January 09, 2021, 03:30:00 am »

Austin is just about to run out of ICU beds  Embarrassed I think the convention center has already been pepped as a hospital.

ALSO SOME IMPORTANT INFO: The things that vaccines will and will not do:
https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/08/health/covid-vaccinated-infected-wellness/index.html

I learned that apparently you can be infected with COVID just in your nose. Think of virus related conditions like cold-sores (Herpes) and common warts (Papilloma)... It would explain why some patients don't even show symptoms and can spread it around. If the virus manages to survive just in some part of your nose and mouth mucosa, it will reproduce and spread from your nose and mouth infecting others, even if you feel fine. The virus will be gone eventually, but by then it has spread elsewhere.

I have been doing this out of pure OCD on my part, but after reading this I recommend that when you blow your nose you treat the used tissue as a bio hazard, even if you feel fine. Also avoid picking your nose with your fingers even if clean. Use cotton swabs instead. It's very easy for the virus to remain under your nails.

J. Wilhelm
Board Moderator
Immortal

« Reply #529 on: January 13, 2021, 10:31:33 pm »

COVID-19 UPDATES

A negative COVID test administered 3 days before travel is now required to board any international flight inbound to the United States. Effective, January 26.

Vaccination programs have already started in the United States. Each state will have different protocols for vaccination. As far as I know there is no organization at the federal level other than bulk allocation of vaccines to each state, so go to State websites for more information on how to obtain your vaccine dose.

Additionally, noting there's more that one Texan on the board and perhaps some lurking members love on the West coast of the US:

Texas and California have opened programs to administer the vaccine to people aged 65 or older and health workers. Texas started first with a pilot program and they're currently in "Phase 1A and 1B"

In Texas vaccination started in Late December:

There is no further information on Phase 2, but Phase 1 includes Health care workers, people over 65, people over 19 who are pregnant, obese, or otherwise have some condition like Diabetes, COPD, Cancer, and other conditions that place the individual at risk. The authorities in Texas are urging people with private health insurance to contact their pharmacy first, as the State program is distributing vaccines for free to people without insurance. The website to pre-register for a vaccine is now open and actually swamped with inquiries, requiring the website to be updated regularly, so be patient if you encounter some problems online.

https://www.dshs.state.tx.us/coronavirus/immunize/vaccine.aspx

In California vaccination was announced 3 days ago:

https://covid19.ca.gov/vaccines/
« Last Edit: January 13, 2021, 11:10:36 pm by J. Wilhelm » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: