Author Topic: Covid-19 facts, fallacies, and prepardness  (Read 37214 times)

Prof Marvel

• Zeppelin Captain
  • Above All Else, Do No Harm
    • Spare Goggles
Re: Covid-19 facts, fallacies, and prepardness
« Reply #225 on: April 03, 2020, 02:23:13 am »
Young people are not getting the message. And because of that the "curves" are not flattening too much, says New York. Doctors in Austin are now seeing about half of the cases affecting young people, sometimes seriously
Wealthy people are also not getting the message and they're taking the virus with them when they flee to rural and resort locations, like ski resorts in Colorado (eg Vail), which is creating a boom for local flat renters, but straining relations with the locals to the point of physical and even armed conflict.

Hence,  virus is also traveling by air and highways with those who can afford to take time off and rent or own a summer home.

Yup - I just saw a Texas Cadillac PickEmUp

towing an Airstream

Texas plates, heading West on I-40 thru Albuqueque towards Arizona... Taking a Covid Vacation?

they do not understand "stay home" until the Natl Guard comes to their door.

MIGRATION to Spare Goggles under way

Deimos

• Snr. Officer
  • aka Countess Millicent Addlewood
« Reply #226 on: April 03, 2020, 02:44:07 am »
If they think AZ will be a nice place to "vacation" during the shutdown in TX, well, the guv just issued a "stay-at-home" order; all County/regional/state parks are closed, and have been for about a week.
Grand Canyon Nat'l Park is closed (any other ways in are primitive, scanty water, if any, and no services at all, certainly not for an AirStream)

They can't be heading to CA....CA has issued some pretty draconian directives.
I'm guessing that they are going to try for Mexico/Rocky Point...except I believe the border with Mexico has been closed to vacationers.  

Just had a thought that they may be heading to any one of the 6 National Forests in AZ, but those are closed too.
I think the Rangers have also blocked all the rougher, more primitive  "Forest Road" entry points.
But if the scoff laws do manage to enter and set up camp, the Rangers will easily find them and kick their derrières out, (but not before fining them.) 
« Last Edit: April 03, 2020, 03:27:46 am by Deimos »
"Unless you’re prepared to surrender everything, don’t surrender anything."

Society: Be yourself.
Me: OK
Society: No. Not like that.

J. Wilhelm

• ╬ Admiral und Luftschiffengel ╬
  • Board Moderator
  • Immortal
  • Sentisne fortunatum punkus? Veni. Diem meum comple
    • NASA Dude
« Reply #227 on: April 03, 2020, 03:32:47 am »
Young people are not getting the message. And because of that the "curves" are not flattening too much, says New York. Doctors in Austin are now seeing about half of the cases affecting young people, sometimes seriously
Wealthy people are also not getting the message and they're taking the virus with them when they flee to rural and resort locations, like ski resorts in Colorado (eg Vail), which is creating a boom for local flat renters, but straining relations with the locals to the point of physical and even armed conflict.

Hence,  virus is also traveling by air and highways with those who can afford to take time off and rent or own a summer home.

Yup - I just saw a Texas Cadillac PickEmUp

towing an Airstream

Texas plates, heading West on I-40 thru Albuqueque towards Arizona... Taking a Covid Vacation?

they do not understand "stay home" until the Natl Guard comes to their door.

If they think AZ will be a nice place to "vacation" during the shutdown in TX, well, the guv just issued a "stay-at-home" order; all County/regional/state parks are closed, and have been for about a week.
Grand Canyon Nat'l Park is closed (any other ways in are primitive, scanty water, if any, and no services at all, certainly not for an AirStream)

They can't be heading to CA....CA has issues some pretty draconian directives.
I'm guessing that they are going to try for Mexico/Rocky Point...except I believe the border with Mexico has been closed to vacationers.   

It's anybody's guess. But the MX / US border is closed indeed except for commerce. They're too far north to be heading anywhere other than Baja in Mexico and Puerto Peñasco (Rocky Point) like you say. Crossing the border in New Mexico doesn't sound feasible even if the border was open, because that's the most desolate part of Mexico, until you get to Tutuaca Natural Reserve and Copper Canyon, which is fairly far south from the border, and they're in the wrong part of New Mexico (the should be far south in Las Cruces /El Paso.

My instinct during non-pandemic times would have been heading north toward the Rockies as opposed to following the southern route through Tucson and Yuma. The upper route will take them through Colorado Springs to Denver and beyond, which is I presume a no go area today due to the high number of cases in resort towns. The secondary I 40 route will take them through Albuquerque, Gallup, Flagstaff, but as you say, forget about the Grand Canyon and Vegas (all closed).

Beats me! I don't know where they're going otherwise without Stay at Home orders in the Southwest. Zuni, Navajo, perhaps?

So little time has passed (let's not forget only 2 weeks since we were at zero cases in Austin) that "rolling stone" travelers and senior citizens may be out of the loop in the news, especially if they've been traveling for a long time. Imagine pulling up to a city to find long lines of people wearing masks just to buy a few items from empty shelves! Imagine the shock.

At the end of the first week I was still getting customers in the shop who though it was all hype about stuff on the other side of the world. Before my shift, I usually step into the supermarket to buy soda or coffee. One drifterklooking guy who had stepped into the parking lot of the supermarket was losing his marbles when he was told to go to the back of the line of 50 people. "What the hell is happening in there man?" He shouted "Are people killing each other inside?"

MWBailey

• Rogue Ætherlord
  • "This is the sort of thing no-one ever believes"
« Reply #228 on: April 03, 2020, 04:39:40 am »

Cuomo: Young people are still not getting the message

Yesterday in Travis County (Austin) it was disclosed that an increase of 40 cases for last week was because a group of 70 college students from the University of Texas took a plane to Cabo San Lucas, a resort town in the southernmost tip of the Baja California Península, before the US Mexico border was closed during Spring Break.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/amphtml/annehelenpetersen/coronavirus-covid-cities-second-homes-rural-small-towns

Dark musings on a dark night in early April...

The asymptomatic incubation period is what really scares me, along with the fact that some people just don't show very noticeable or even any symptoms. I haven't gotten deathly sick up to this point, but I have had sinus headaches, a recurrent hacking cough, and felt chills (checked temp, was below normal, even when I went up a few degrees to 98.2 -no, really, I am usually around 97.7 or below), BUT - and a very big "but" this is - I always am this way from about the last week of February, through about June 25th or so, with flareups when the wildflowers, and later, the various types of cedars throw out their pollen. I now have a sore throat and sniffles etc.,  - BUT I always do at this time of year, and yes, there have been years in which it was so bad that it gave me pneumonia (I know, I know, that's supposed to be impossible, but nonetheless, thats what the diagnosis was). I currently have no fever. None. It's actually sort of maddening at times, how I seem to have the body temperature of a vampire...

Still, though. What if my lack of symptoms is/was an asymptomatic infection? Our relatives, three of whom are the last living members of what was once a vast, far-flung bunch of paternal relatives, came to visit us on the first weekend in March. What if I was infected then and just haven't ever shown any symptoms? That gives me nightmares.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2020, 04:51:10 am by MWBailey »
Walk softly and carry a big banjo...

""quid statis aspicientes in infernum"

“WHAT?! N0!!! NOT THAT Button!!!”

J. Wilhelm

• Board Moderator
  • Immortal
    • NASA Dude
« Reply #229 on: April 03, 2020, 06:12:09 am »

Yesterday in Travis County (Austin) it was disclosed that an increase of 40 cases for last week was because a group of 70 college students from the University of Texas took a plane to Cabo San Lucas, a resort town in the southernmost tip of the Baja California Península, before the US Mexico border was closed during Spring Break.

Hence,  virus is also traveling by air and highways with those who can afford to take time off and rent or own a summer home.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/amphtml/annehelenpetersen/coronavirus-covid-cities-second-homes-rural-small-towns

Dark musings on a dark night in early April...

The asymptomatic incubation period is what really scares me, along with the fact that some people just don't show very noticeable or even any symptoms. I haven't gotten deathly sick up to this point, but I have had sinus headaches, a recurrent hacking cough, and felt chills (checked temp, was below normal, even when I went up a few degrees to 98.2 -no, really, I am usually around 97.7 or below), BUT - and a very big "but" this is - I always am this way from about the last week of February, through about June 25th or so, with flareups when the wildflowers, and later, the various types of cedars throw out their pollen. I now have a sore throat and sniffles etc.,  - BUT I always do at this time of year, and yes, there have been years in which it was so bad that it gave me pneumonia (I know, I know, that's supposed to be impossible, but nonetheless, thats what the diagnosis was). I currently have no fever. None. It's actually sort of maddening at times, how I seem to have the body temperature of a vampire...

Still, though. What if my lack of symptoms is/was an asymptomatic infection? Our relatives, three of whom are the last living members of what was once a vast, far-flung bunch of paternal relatives, came to visit us on the first weekend in March. What if I was infected then and just haven't ever shown any symptoms? That gives me nightmares.

I'm experiencing allergies at the moment with periodic itching of throat and shortness of breath (I had asthma as a kid), so without the COVID reference frame, I'd say I'm just having a normal spring week. Could it be COVID? It's possible, but somehow I doubt it.

There's a number of symptoms that are so mild you can overlook. About 20-30% of COVID patients start by losing their sense of smell and taste. Others get diarrhea. Most experience fever and dry cough at various levels. So it's a hard call. I think it's wishful thinking on my part to say that I'm "asymptomatic." The chances of me being in that group at my are are very small.

I'm more likely to think that the very bad cough I got last year somehow "prepared me" for COVID 19. I had a dry cough for 5 weeks, with sputum. I experienced a very short bout of fever, and severe shortness of breath especially at night. I had to take a heavy dose of anti-inflammatory meds (Naproxen Sodium, triple over the counter dose) every 12 hours, and the inflammation did not disappear from July through to October.

Was it COVID 19? Probably not. Most likely not, because if it was then you would have heard about a mysterious Texas illness last summer and not in Wuhan, China this winter. So I'm reasonably certain I did not get COVID 19 last year, but it was its little brother.

Could it have helped me now as some sort of vaccine inoculation, so that I wouldn't get COVID 19 so bad this year? Maybe. Nothing is impossible, especially if it turns out to be another coronavirus (human coronavirus). Human coronaviruses are a family of virii that are responsible for up to ⅓ of all common colds. So I think it's more likely I got one strain of "benign" human coronavirus last summer.

That is what scares me. The last "benign" Human - COVID was pretty brutal (I got sick in summer, it destroyed my throat and lungs! I couldn't breathe well for months, left me very deaf up until *January * left a permanent tinnitus in my ears, and my voice all of last year was not normal.), and I can't imagine it being any worse. That's what I'm afraid of. I can only hope that the experience is protecting me now, but that's wishful thinking.

SeVeNeVeS

• Master Tinkerer
  • Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
« Reply #230 on: April 03, 2020, 12:53:03 pm »
I spoke to my brother in the US, a head honcho for some international company with government contracts and he told me they have been in lockdown since the first rumour started in China back in January, implementing conference calls as standard with no travel.

Hmmmmm............

5 years ago........

The next outbreak? We’re not ready | Bill Gates

??????...........

SeVeNeVeS

• Master Tinkerer
  • Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
« Reply #231 on: April 04, 2020, 10:46:48 am »
Friend of mine at the Respiratory Clinic (she has COPD) treated to this little gem - "The government is making people use 5G phones so that they can spread the virus through the phone". Stunned surprise from everyone, including the medical staff!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-52164358

Jesus! The world HAS gone mad ::)

Synistor 303

• Snr. Officer
  • Zenyna Ironbracker
« Reply #232 on: April 04, 2020, 01:38:45 pm »
In Australia, the leader of anti-vaccers is asking her looney followers to ‘storm the hospitals’ to prove that Covid 19 is fictitious... They think it’s suspicious that they haven’t seen convoys of ambulances driving the infected to hospital.

Deimos

• Snr. Officer
« Reply #233 on: April 04, 2020, 03:02:50 pm »
Friend of mine at the Respiratory Clinic (she has COPD) treated to this little gem - "The government is making people use 5G phones so that they can spread the virus through the phone". Stunned surprise from everyone, including the medical staff!

Just waiting for the moronic copycats to do the same thing over here....

Astalo

• Zeppelin Captain
    • My deviantART gallery
« Reply #234 on: April 04, 2020, 04:02:33 pm »
This is most grazy G5 + Covid-19 theory what i have heard so far. (Video where is some weird lady harrassing fibre cable workers.)

https://twitter.com/charliehtweets/status/1245722007947411458?s=21

MWBailey

• Rogue Ætherlord
  • "This is the sort of thing no-one ever believes"
« Reply #235 on: April 04, 2020, 04:38:39 pm »
In Australia, the leader of anti-vaccers is asking her looney followers to ‘storm the hospitals’ to prove that Covid 19 is fictitious... They think it’s suspicious that they haven’t seen convoys of ambulances driving the infected to hospital.

I'd say I'm getting tired of loonies if it weren't for the fact that I have yet to meet the weird guy in my neighbohood...

This is most grazy G5 + Covid-19 theory what i have heard so far. (Video where is some weird lady harrassing fibre cable workers.)

https://twitter.com/charliehtweets/status/1245722007947411458?s=21

I kind of have to wonder if perhaps her flat has a natural gas hookup and it's been leaking...
« Last Edit: April 04, 2020, 04:48:18 pm by MWBailey »

Hurricane Annie

• Zeppelin Admiral
« Reply #236 on: April 04, 2020, 08:22:56 pm »

They can't be heading to CA....CA has issued some pretty draconian directives.

Just had a thought that they may be heading to any one of the 6 National Forests in AZ, but those are closed too.
I think the Rangers have also blocked all the rougher, more primitive  "Forest Road" entry points.
But if the scoff laws do manage to enter and set up camp, the Rangers will easily find them and kick their derrières out, (but not before fining them.) 

Which brings me to wonder how the Salton Sea and Slab city are  doing through all of this . Are they doing a big "told you so "

https://roadtrippers.com/magazine/slab-city-california-desert/

Hurricane Annie

• Zeppelin Admiral
« Reply #237 on: April 04, 2020, 08:38:48 pm »

The age group in NZ most affected here in NZ are 20-29yr.  They are out and about , co mingling . Parties, visits, hook ups, sports and recreation, wandering around , drug seeking

The wealthy are so far more likey to catch it and pass it on. Overseas and local travel, heading to the beach house in a small town for the lock down. Parading around in groups with baby strollers. Having neighbourhood drinkies. Panic shopping everyday . Driving distances to mountain bike,  surf, dive and other wise risk rescuing ; creating risks for rescuers . Our Minister of Health was caught with his sign written electorate  van  parked up by a lengthy  accident prone mountain bike trail. The frustrated public brayed for his resignation.

The retiring police Commissioner led with an ill thought slogan of " If you don't comply , people will die". He didn't keep his word  before his tenure ended last week, it could have helped with the blatant rule flouting  . We haven't heard from the new guy.

J. Wilhelm

• Board Moderator
  • Immortal
    • NASA Dude
« Reply #238 on: April 04, 2020, 08:53:00 pm »

Yeah, but we have a better conspiracy here. The "deep state" will use the census canvassing to gather information on the mind control virus effectiveness, which means those people dying in hospitals are not dying at all, they're being brainwashed and turned into deep state followers to take away all of our freedoms and anything that is decent about... HMFFG..... LET ME GO! HELP ME! HELP ME! GRPHH!

Hurricane Annie

• Zeppelin Admiral
« Reply #239 on: April 04, 2020, 09:00:10 pm »
Thanks my Dear Banfili

and the US AARP  ( old folks society) just sent me a nice link for good info

https://www.aarp.org/health/conditions-treatments/info-2020/coronavirus-facts.html

and I just got emails from many of the fine brick and mortor stores I habituate, telling us how they are
following CDC guidelines and CLEANING AND SANITIZING LIKE MANIACS!
prof marvel

The Victorian State Seniors organisation emailed out a leaflet with pretty much the same guidelines and protocols - I got one from them, and one today from a friend who though I might find it interesting.

I went into town to the big supermarket/s today, mainly for pet supplies and cat litter (not very good ones available locally) - the Woolies supermarket has been providing trolley handle sanitising wipes for quite some time, but today the folks who gather up the  trolleys from outside were wiping down the handles as they were being racked. There were also a few security personnel floating around, which I hadn't seen before. I was chatting with one about TP and the run on supplies - she said it didn't matter this morning because there's wasn't any available because the delivery trucks hadn't arrived yet! The ALDI next door had some, so I did buy an 8 pack, but that was because it was on my list!

I see that staying home has a new name - “social distancing”! So that's what I have been doing all these years - I thought it was the Aspergers!!

My one adult child left at home has Aspergers . His life hasn't changed .Maybe less visits to the  4 Square superette . Mum is out less to get things he might have to stick up or fit on.  He was quite anxious at 1st . Now he is seeing  a humerous side to it . Everyone going into the dairies and petrol stations done up like bandits in hoodies,  masks and sunnies.  I think he's finding it peaceful with out so many others out and about .

A 3 car accident on the intersection  next to us brought him out side with me. The neighbours were gob smacked and did a double take to see a younger man come out of the house . More so because  he's 6't plus, had  long waving red hair, beard  and black jeans and singlet. He's quite striking in form and dress. They weren't expecting  that .

Another son has Aspergers and required a few phone calls for reassurance . I got a few messages " You can ring me if you like Mum".  He's read up in recent months about these pandemics.  He and his girlfriend appear to be coping fine .  

One of my daughters who wasn't talking to me , messaged out of the blue  pretending to herself I had contacted her. I guess your never too old for mum's reassurance.  I imagine my grandchildren are giving her heck to pay at home in a lock down

Hurricane Annie

• Zeppelin Admiral
« Reply #240 on: April 04, 2020, 09:15:26 pm »

Yeah, but we have a better conspiracy here. The "deep state" will use the census canvassing to gather information on the mind control virus effectiveness, which means those people dying in hospitals are not dying at all, they're being brainwashed and turned into deep state followers to take away all of our freedoms and anything that is decent about... HMFFG..... LET ME GO! HELP ME! HELP ME! GRPHH!

The flu vaccines they are lining people up for  aren't to prevent people getting sick and clogging up the health system or  getting a lowered immune system . They are to micro chip us all

The declaring a National Emergency is to give the police more powers and  the talk of bring in the military isn't to protect the public and property and keep people safe from themselves It's to bring in a police  and millitary state to control us all, possibly to set us for potential invasion by China [ why would they want us] .  Police here are not generally armed and our minimal military are more a small peacekeeping force.

Another theory I had confided to me from an employee of a government service, is that they want the public distracted and out of the way  while they arrest the global elites  for their perversion and corruption. Epstein was just the start .

It's New Zealand . We love conspiracy theories . The people won't be happy unless we get a few tanks rolling down main streets and a search light show from the air force.  Zombies would be a bonus.

Deimos

• Snr. Officer
« Reply #241 on: April 04, 2020, 10:14:23 pm »

Herr Vilhelm...you vil come vith us, now, I tink....Please do not resist....Vee haf vays uff makink you von auf us.

Prof Marvel

• Zeppelin Captain
    • Spare Goggles
« Reply #242 on: April 04, 2020, 10:49:08 pm »
Oh My ... I have a whole string of 'em for you today...
possibly to set us for potential invasion by China [ why would they want us] .  ....
 It's New Zealand . We love conspiracy theories .

Why  would the Chinese want you?

NEW FOOD SOURCE! YUM!

SOYLENT GREEN!

Prof Marvel

• Zeppelin Captain
    • Spare Goggles
« Reply #243 on: April 04, 2020, 10:57:05 pm »
How soon we forget....

(I bet you thought I would refernce the 1919 pandemic again , wrong hahahaha)

Back in Twenty Ought something ( 2006?) Arnie Schwartzenegger was concerned over the SARS/ H1N1/Avian Flu epidemic about to turn pandemic.

By His Hand and For The Good Of The State (didja see what I did?)  California constructed and stockpiled a wonderful Medical Emergency Kit:

three 200-bed mobile hospitals deployable via flatbed trucks.
Each hospital would be the size of a football field, with
- a surgery ward,
- intensive care unit and
- X-ray equipment.
AND a massive stockpile of emergency supplies:
- 50 million N95 respirators,
- 2,400 portable ventilators
- kits to set up 21,000 additional patient beds wherever they were needed.

2011,  fiscally minded Democratic governor, Jerry Brown cut off funding for storage and maintenance, and sold it all off.

Take THAT CALIFORNIA! BWAHAHAHAHAHA

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-03-27/coronavirus-california-mobile-hospitals-ventilators
https://www.redstate.com/jenvanlaar/2020/03/29/ca-dismantled-its-mobile-hospital-system-ventilator-stockpile-in-2011/

Prof Marvel

• Zeppelin Captain
    • Spare Goggles
« Reply #244 on: April 04, 2020, 11:32:37 pm »
Now it's all about MASKS

for the past 2 months, the Great Minds In Charge of Our Nations

Our Fearless Leaders

have been declaring
" You Don't Need Masks -  Masks wont help - stop buying Masks."

whilst simultaneously stating "Our Medical Workers and First Responders don't have enough masks to protect them!"

soooo
Enquiring minds HAD to ask --- " if they don't work for the great unwashed masses. why would they work for the First Responders?"

The obvious answer has always been:  
"THE RIGHT MASKS WORN CORRECTLY WORK"

And thus the "Public Message " was clearly an attempt to divert panic of the Zombie Masses who couldn't get a mask.

Prof and Mrs Marvel, having been involved in the fields of EPIDEMIOLOGY, HAZMAT, and TOXIC ATMOSPHERES
have been saying all along:

Masks Are GOOD
- At WORST, they stop a passive infected carrier from spreading it
- AT BEST they can ( and do) protect the wearer.

Many many many "case studies" have been bandied about. Some were based on actual tests of materials and masks ( often on dummies),
some by "compiling and analyzing existing studies"   ( whatever good that does) and one on an actual attempt to have a proper trial
using several hundred randomly selected students living in dorms during "flu season"...   unfortunately that attempted
study at U of Michigan relied COMPLETELY on students "self reporting. "  I have dozens (if not hundreds) of cases of personal experience  on
data from people "self reporting" So I maintain that very little of that data can be valid.

WHAT WE DO KNOW
- Much of ASIA uses/used masks
- None of Italy, UK or USA used masks ( statistically speaking... when the number approaches 0.001 % , in the world of Engineering, we call it "effectively none")

Much of ASIA flattened the curve quickly  
ASIA  had the advantage of
    - habitual regular use of masks
    - Actual Lockdown
    - massive testing
    - massive survellience (this was used to track back contacts between tested positives and other sheep citizens "
    - a police state and/or dictatorships
    - a readily compliant populous trained for decades to do what the govt says.

By Contrast, ITALY, UK and USA have none of that and are going thru the roof.

Soooo now after,
"no masks needed",
 no testing,
little to no isolation ( "covid vacation man!") ,
and effectively no lockdown
      ( BTW  430,000 People Have Traveled From China to U.S. Since Virus Surfaced  https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/04/us/coronavirus-china-travel-restrictions.html )

our Fearless Leaders Suddenly Discover

+People may be carriers for longer than 14 days

+There ARE passive non-symptomatic carriers

+"Coronavirus might spread much farther than 6 feet in the air. CDC says wear a mask in public. "

+"Masks WORK , Everyone Should Have One"  and sorta recommend them:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/cloth-face-cover.html

So.

Toldya So

oh, and
Spoiler: ShowHide
"Trump Proceeds With Post-Impeachment Purge Amid Pandemic"
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/04/us/politics/trump-coronavirus-post-impeachment-purge.html

"In the American South, a Perfect Storm Is Gathering
In states with many uninsured citizens, few hospitals and leaders who have not required citizens to stay home, a disaster is looming."
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/03/opinion/coronavirus-Tennessee-southern-states.html?algo=top_conversion&fellback=false&imp_id=545115912&imp_id=171871472

PS : DO NOT Follow the USA Surgeon Generals T-Shirt Mask Advice.

1) He is a Toady Appointee of The Dumpster, and a Naval Officer. He is legally bound to agree with and support the POTUS NO MATTER WHAT.
2) He clearly shows folding a Tshirt into quarters so that there is a "seam" only two layers of cloth thick at the middle.
3) We have not heard Dr Fauci agree with this T-shirt mask

You need to maximize the filter material/media for best effectiveness, and
use specific replacable disposable filter material in between layers. Most Intelligent Science Based Recommenders are recommending
tested Hepa type materials and/or "non-woven fabrics"

AND WEAR EYE PROTECTION

and here is a classic example of HOW NOT TO WEAR A MASK - notice how loose it is and the giant gaps on the sides and no eye protection:

herre is a great article discussing different masks and a DIY
https://www.cnet.com/how-to/homemade-face-masks-in-public-what-the-cdc-means-about-face-coverings-and-n95/

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/04/health/how-to-make-your-own-mask-wellness-trnd/index.html
https://www.joann.com/make-to-give-response/

I don't like many of these DIY masks because they don't fit well, or don't include disposable filter media...
« Last Edit: April 05, 2020, 08:02:53 am by Prof Marvel »

Prof Marvel

• Zeppelin Captain
    • Spare Goggles
Here's a link for Allergies Vs Covid
« Reply #245 on: April 05, 2020, 07:44:39 am »
Here's a link for Allergies Vs Covid

https://www.instyle.com/beauty/health-fitness/coronavirus-symptoms-vs-allergies

and I am trying to upload a DIY mask pattern

well uploading isn't working... here is a link

https://int.nyt.com/data/documenthelper/6860-printable-face-mask-tutorial/ded6e67bb78f2599a7ff/optimized/full.pdf#page=1

as previously stated, the most desirable designs use a "pocket" that you can insert disposable "nonwoven fabric" filters into.
I myslef prefer Hepa Filter material as found in 3M allergy,pollen and fine dust furnace filters.

SeVeNeVeS

• Master Tinkerer
  • Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
« Reply #246 on: April 05, 2020, 11:54:54 am »
I have a real doozy for you, Sweden is taking a slightly different approach to lockdown, Ok, each country to thier own, Greta Thunberg happens to be Swedish, as intelligent people you can guess the rest.........

Swedish attempt at world domination, Greta has conspired with scientists to release COVID to save the planet, Sweden has a cure........Etc.....Etc,

Oh I just cannot be bothered with ignorant, paranoid f"ckwits any more, reminds me of AIDS, the "gay plague" was started by Africans shagging monkeys years ago.

I'm done.

Staying in my home and generally hating most people.

As a side note, we had a local pedofile vigilante group set fire to a pediatricians car a few years ago, I think what is scary, these people are allowed to breed and indoctrinate their mutant offspring into the same way of thinking.

We have already had reports of violent attacks on the Chinese community, whats next I wonder?
Swedish Nannies and Au pairs beaten in the streets........... Burn the witch on that there 5G mast.

« Last Edit: April 05, 2020, 12:19:49 pm by SeVeNeVeS »

Banfili

• Zeppelin Admiral
« Reply #247 on: April 05, 2020, 12:21:30 pm »
SNIP
As a side note, we had a local pedofile vigilante group set fire to a pediatricians car a few years ago, I think what is scary, these people are allowed to breed and indoctrinate their mutant offspring into the same way of thinking.

If they can't tell the difference between a paedophile and a paediatrician there isn't any hope for them. Line 'em up for Darwin Awards and hope they make the short list is about as good as you can expect.

HIV is pretty much confirmed as originating in the Democratic Republic of Congo around 1920 when simian immunodeficiency virus (SIV), an HIV-like virus that attacks the immune system of monkeys and apes, crossed species from chimpanzees to humans. Up until the 1980s, no one knows how many people developed full-blown AIDS, as it hadn't been identified as such up to that time

SeVeNeVeS

• Master Tinkerer
  • Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
« Reply #248 on: April 05, 2020, 01:29:48 pm »
Why do people have to play the Blame Game? Usually, race related,

This is a natural occurrence, spreads like the common cold but a lot worse, accept it, no-one knows where it came from or how to treat it yet.

Bloody immigrants in the UK coming over here and taking our jobs, vote Brexit, get them all out.

Now......When I was visiting my Mum over Christmas in hospital, 90% of staff were foreign, at my local shop there are Polish, Asian and Romanian trying desperately to keep us going with supplies and service, Carers at my Mums are a mixed bunch, including a very nice Sikh and a Latvian chap and his wife.

My point being, these bloody foreigners are keeping this country going and possibly risking thier own life to do so.

Enough said, you kinda get the message.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2020, 02:00:38 pm by SeVeNeVeS »

Darkhound

• Zeppelin Admiral
« Reply #249 on: April 05, 2020, 03:49:58 pm »
At my dialysis treatment clinic, we have two Brazilians, a Jamaican, and a Fillipina. They are all friendly, competent, and caring. Three cheers for immigrants! (Like all eight of my great grandparents.)
"Stupidity is a curse with which even the Gods struggle in vain. Ignorance we can fix."