The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
August 11, 2020, 11:35:32 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Playing Tabletop RPGs  (Read 529 times)
rovingjack
Zeppelin Admiral
United States United States

« on: March 10, 2020, 08:52:18 pm »

I've been worldbuilding recently and gotten into making a setting for tabletop gaming. I was curious who else is into the RPGs out there, steampunk or otherwise.

chironex
Snr. Officer
Australia Australia

The typing jellyfish monster

« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2020, 11:43:02 am »

Me. I got two whole shelves full of them and more on my computer...

Orkses is never beaten in battle. If we wins we wins and if we dies we dies fightin' so it don't count as beat. Even if we runs away it means we can always come back for anuvver go, see!

QUEENSLAND RAIL NOT FOR SALE!!!!!!
Peter Brassbeard
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2020, 04:01:36 am »

I've been known to play when I can find a group to play with.
Wormster
Zeppelin Admiral
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2020, 09:56:16 am »

OOOHHHHH Talisman anyone?Huh

Tread softly and carry a GBFO stick!
Sorontar
Zeppelin Admiral
Australia Australia

All ideas should have wings

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2020, 10:22:22 am »

I have played a game of nobility and church where those in power push forward peasants in sacrificial roles, but some end up proving themselves as true heroes and join the upper echelons.  All in the game have different skills and abilities but must work together to overcome the challenges placed before them. Some of you may have encountered this game and called it .... chess.

Sorontar
« Last Edit: June 06, 2020, 03:25:32 pm by Sorontar » Logged

Sorontar, Captain of 'The Aethereal Dancer'
Advisor to HM Engineers on matters aethereal, aeronautic and cosmographic
http://eyrie.sorontar.com
rovingjack
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2020, 04:06:50 am »

okay my internet wanderings today lead me to Drakar och Demoner: Ereb Altor , and The Dark Eye.

I'm debating investing in them just to try a couple of the top RPGs from other countries.

(Gotta recover from this stupid virus first though)
rovingjack
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2020, 06:38:02 am »

found a french rpg that was translated to english Rêve: the Dream Ouroboros, and It sound quite interesting. I spent a lot of time trying to find a digital copy that I could get, and nearly gave up, but Reddit came through for me, and pointed me toward a place I could buy a copy.
J. Wilhelm
╬ Admiral und Luftschiffengel ╬
Board Moderator
Immortal

Sentisne fortunatum punkus? Veni. Diem meum comple

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2020, 08:54:07 am »

okay my internet wanderings today lead me to Drakar och Demoner: Ereb Altor , and The Dark Eye.

I'm debating investing in them just to try a couple of the top RPGs from other countries.

(Gotta recover from this stupid virus first though)

Sounds evil enough...

rovingjack
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2020, 04:26:52 am »

I've added some of these to my collection. The most recent purchase is Draker och Demoner, which of course is not in english, but I'm using online translators to help me convert it gradually, which has given me giggle fits multiple times today. (the section full of monsters and such translated at one time as Bearings, and player characters is literally roll person which I actually will keep cuz I like it's flavor, but the biggest giggle fit wis by far the section heading Attacks and Mating... just exactly what kinda game am I getting myself into here.  Cheesy )

I'm also learning a lot about formating as I copy and paste text translations into a new PDF document and am doing my best to reproduce as much of the original layout and design as possible. I'm even incorporating the artworks (took a lot of screen cap and crop to isolate the images and prep them to be installed as images in the PDF.) I'm also preserving the cover pages, in the front I've the translated one and the back will be the originals. I'm thinking I may print this out and bind it (not sure if I'll use a perfect bound or a stitch bound yet).

That where I am right now. I've done the table of contents, the preface, and the intro chapter, Just did a tedious bit of graphics manipulation to preserve the font while translating the cover page as best I could.

FIGURER I BOXEN - Figures in Box
(STORLEKSILLUSTRATION) - Huh image sizing Huh
SPRÅKLIG BEARBETNING - Huh language processor Huh - editor maybe Huh
GRAFISK FORM OCH ORIGINAL - Graphic design and originals???

I'm also seriously debating if I should try to convert the title to Dragons and Demons, or leave it as Drakar och Demoner.
Sorontar
Zeppelin Admiral
Australia Australia

All ideas should have wings

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2020, 06:36:23 am »

Reminds me of the software for Die Siedler von Catan.

Sorontar
Lazaras
Zeppelin Admiral

Have Wierd; Will Travel.

« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2020, 04:26:40 am »

I am curious in the theoretical sense. Have done setting construction and am currently poking true20 to see if I could take the fifteenish year old system and do some revising of how it handles things I find clunky when it does what I view as a whole lot well in streamlining d20 modern.

Fine sure 'but mutants and masterminds' or 'why not.. x'?

I have the PDFS to this on hand so, 'why not?'

Cheapie Theatre
Want something to read? Got ten minutes to kill? Here you go!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: