The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
September 25, 2020, 08:43:08 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My heraldic dream (art compilation thread)  (Read 1013 times)
Caledonian
Zeppelin Admiral
Scotland Scotland

Caledon Machinery (they/them)

« on: March 05, 2020, 09:38:17 pm »

I feel I've made a similar thread to this one before when I just got into heraldry and such. It's been a few years now and I've improved.
Recently, I've developed the likely unachievable dream of becoming an artist in the court of the lord lyon, and I'm not letting the improbability of my dreams ever coming in reacg hold me back from putting in work into building portfolio and practice a lot.

In this thread I will be posting recent heraldic and heraldry related art I've been making, in new and familiar mediums, for you to enjoy and criticise (and also so I don't clog up the art thread)

Will be posting here soon Smiley

I actually know basic clockmaking now!
Caledonian
Zeppelin Admiral
Scotland Scotland

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2020, 09:45:40 pm »

Digital media, the coat of arms designed for my partner and myself (that I think I posted in the art thread before)

Caledonian
Zeppelin Admiral
Scotland Scotland

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2020, 12:56:32 am »

The same two coats of arms in ecoline inks

Caledonian
Zeppelin Admiral
Scotland Scotland

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2020, 11:28:53 am »

Coat of arms of the lord lyon himself, emblazoned by me
Caledonian
Zeppelin Admiral
Scotland Scotland

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2020, 03:11:35 pm »

Embracing my heritage as bastard spawn with this alternate arms design
Caledonian
Zeppelin Admiral
Scotland Scotland

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2020, 03:13:35 pm »

A stamp Cheesy
J. Wilhelm
╬ Admiral und Luftschiffengel ╬
Board Moderator
Immortal
United States United States

Sentisne fortunatum punkus? Veni. Diem meum comple

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2020, 09:17:11 pm »

I like your assumed arms. Both designs are very nice.

And your "bastard" arms are very nice as well (how cruel of conventions to mark a person as a bastard offspring, is what I thought when I first learned of the rule). It reminds me of the arms for the Bazán / Baztán family globally* (my maternal grandfather's side). The Coat of Arms was granted to the First Marquis of Santa Cruz (so it's the official coat of arms of the Marquessate of Santa Cruz of Mudela in Spain.

Arms of Álvaro de Bazán, First Marquis of Santa Cruz, granted in 1569

*Spanish heraldry conventions are not the same as British conventions, and thus people related to someone who was granted a coat of arms who are directly descended from that person may wear the same arms with different crest or supporting devices. (that means that an awful lot of people around the world who have the surname can display the arms, it is basically the family coat of arms now - you can't do that in British Heraldry). Also the charges and bordure conventions are different . Note that odd numbers of squares in chequy patterns are allowed and writing on the bordure is commonplace in Spanish heraldry

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: