The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
December 11, 2019, 10:48:37 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Kingmakers’ War by Kate Avery Ellison  (Read 58 times)
Aetheric Aviatrix
Swab

United States United States

« on: November 20, 2019, 04:27:41 pm »

For those interested in some medieval steampunky-flavor reading with juicy romance, this book series (which is still in the works but has 9 published books so far) has been really entertaining for me. They can all be found for the Kindle app for cheap on Amazon: A Gift of Poison (The Kingmakers' War Book 1) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00OGOBYKG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_yLv1DbCVVM214

The books are quite short (around 200 pages or so each, so I blew through them all pretty quickly, especially considering how much time I spend reading on my phone anyway, haha). I found the characters, especially all their relationships and interactions together, to be exceptionally entertaining and on par with Joss Whedon’s works. I especially love the unique dragon powers the main character has and how much of that is revealed over time throughout the series.

The steampunk elements include airships, clockwork contraptions such as mechanical monkeys and birds, and unique technology. I will say though, the first book definitely is the most steampunk-esque of them all by far, but I actually enjoyed the series more the farther into I got. The writing is just captivating, especially with how well the author can paint a visual picture of everything and very eloquently describe character interactions and emotions with believability. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: