The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
December 11, 2019, 10:48:42 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The realities of a Steam Punk reality?  (Read 328 times)
stevenogg
Swab

Australia Australia

« on: November 16, 2019, 06:38:33 pm »

So what would be the realities of a Steam Punk reality?
Do women have the vote? Do the poor starve?  Is our psuedo-Victorian reality more enlightened than the contemporary Victorian era?
UFABET
I guess it boils down to whether if we each have our own Steam Punk reality?
chicar
Rogue Ætherlord
Canada Canada

Student in Techno-Shamanism and Lyncanthrope

Chicar556
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2019, 10:54:29 pm »

More Advanced Society= Better Conditions Of Living=More Advanced Social Evolution

The word pagan came from paganus , who mean peasant . Its was a way to significate than christianism was the religion of the elite and paganism the one of the savage worker class.

''Trickster shows us how we trick OURSELVES. Her rampant curiosity backfires, but, then, something NEW is discovered (though usually not what She expected)! This is where creativity comes from—experiment, do something different, maybe even something forbidden, and voila! A breakthrough occurs! Ha! Ha! We are released! The world is created anew! Do something backwards, break your own traditions, the barrier breaks; destroy the world as you know it, let the new in.''
Extract of the Dreamflesh article ''Path of The Sacred Clown''
J. Wilhelm
╬ Admiral und Luftschiffengel ╬
Board Moderator
Immortal
United States United States

Sentisne fortunatum punkus? Veni. Diem meum comple

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2019, 02:20:01 am »

Too many to count. There are barely any constraints on the definition of what is Steampunk. Is it an alternate timeline? A complete alternate reality? A possible future? There's no answer.

Kensington Locke
Officer

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2019, 04:27:47 pm »

My steamsona's fiction is that we are Adjacent Reality explorers, to smooth over the fact that every one of us all at the same steampunk event will describe their world differently.

Somebody's always gonna be oppressed, either because it makes a good story to rise against or because there's always jerks who don't mind standing on other people to lift themselves up.
RJBowman
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2019, 10:27:10 pm »

The reality is that there would be no floating buildings or flying giant squid.
Cora Courcelle
Snr. Officer
England England

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2019, 06:18:47 pm »

Because the people in the  buildings caught and ate all the flying giant squid and have, in consequence no motivation to continue floating.  I mean, what's the point if there's no squid left to enjoy?

You have to tread a fine line between avant-garde surrealism and getting yourself sectioned...
Kensington Locke
Officer

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2019, 09:33:18 pm »

Because the people in the  buildings caught and ate all the flying giant squid and have, in consequence no motivation to continue floating.  I mean, what's the point if there's no squid left to enjoy?

You are what you eat.  When the formerly floating populace realize their neighbors are now also squid, they take off in droves, hunting each other.  Buildings swooping in to feast on tenement and mansion alike as they consume the squid-fed denizens as a cabal of calamari cannibalism.

Synistor 303
Officer
Australia Australia

Zenyna Ironbracker

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2019, 02:13:54 am »

You are what you eat.  When the formerly floating populace realize their neighbors are now also squid, they take off in droves, hunting each other.  Buildings swooping in to feast on tenement and mansion alike as they consume the squid-fed denizens as a cabal of calamari cannibalism.

I like where this is going! (Does that make me weird?)
Cora Courcelle
Snr. Officer
England England

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2019, 09:43:15 pm »

At last, exhausted by the constant battle, one desperate soul leaves the upper city levels and descends to the subbasement strata where, growing on on the ancient foundations, he discovers ..... whelks!
James Harrison
Immortal
England England

Bachelor of the Arts; Master of the Sciences

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2019, 01:32:36 pm »

Yeah.... I use steampunk as a mechanism to temporarily escape reality (which, sometimes, can be utterly soul-crushing).  So why would I want to want to introduce reality (=source of misery) into my happy place?

Persons intending to travel by open carriage should select a seat with their backs to the engine, by which means they will avoid the ashes emitted therefrom, that in travelling generally, but particularly through the tunnels, prove a great annoyance; the carriage farthest from the engine will in consequence be found the most desirable.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: