The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
November 22, 2019, 06:59:52 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anybody have any stories from your journeys  (Read 178 times)
Rezoyen
Swab

United States United States

« on: November 05, 2019, 05:35:06 pm »

So when I was first getting into metaphysical stuff my friend told me I should cleanse myself. So I decided to do the rosewater method. When I was in the bathroom cleansing myself one of the light bulbs exploded and burnt glass into my back. For the rest of the night me and my mom saw a dark figure following me and the dogs kept freaking out. Everything's fine now though

RT Livingstone
Gunner

malarkey!

« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2019, 07:05:48 pm »

Last night I dreamt that Lebron James ate dinner at our house for Thanksgiving. He spilled some gravy on the floor and as a good host I got on my knees to clean it up. I noted that the floor was covered with a clear plastic mat. I said to my wife, "honey, if this is an office chair mat on our dining room floor, then we're white trash and I'm moving us into a trailer, because we don't deserve a house." Lebron smiled and everyone laughed.
Kensington Locke
Officer

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2019, 04:50:39 pm »

One of the topics I blog about is Steampunk (most often as my Steampunk Gentleman series), but now and then, I talk about an event or something:
https://www.klforslund.com/post/2018/11/25/a-steampunk-november-to-remember

https://www.klforslund.com/post/2018/11/11/a-change-you-need

J. Wilhelm
╬ Admiral und Luftschiffengel ╬
Board Moderator
Immortal

Sentisne fortunatum punkus? Veni. Diem meum comple

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2019, 07:53:11 am »

OpenAI generated the first post, I think.

RJBowman
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2019, 05:46:53 pm »

Circa 1999, I was at Dragoncon in Atlanta; a huge fan convention with hundreds of people in costume.

I took a walk town the street from the convention site, and saw a man dressed as Superman standing in front of a liquor store. I nodded in acknowledgement of my fellew Dragoncon attendee.

Then I noticed that his costume was dirty and had holes in it. His hair was unwashed and he was unkept looking.

I realized that he was not a Dragoncon attendee. We was local vagrant, walking the streets dressed as Superman. He probably wore that costume every day. One weekend out of the year, he looked slightly less like a lunatic.
Wormster
Zeppelin Admiral
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2019, 06:54:54 pm »

Hokaaayyyyyy make of this what you will (not Steampunk or owt else, I just dunno!)

Many moons ago I undertook an unusal long distance solo walk - Sarn Helen, the Roman road that runs from Abreconway in the North to Camarthen in West Wales. I started in the North and proceeded south. After a few days walking I was in the Brecon area, and had set up solo camp beside a way fort for the night. I was spooning hot porridge into my gullet at dawn, when a lone figure appeared from the North heading South, it was a misty morning (well it is Wales afterall) he appeared out of said mist gradually revealling a Roman Legionary in full marching order! He passed in front of me without looking to left or right or offering a morning greeting, just a determind march! My spoon stopped halfway between bowl and open mouth! Quickly looking at the ground that he had just trodden over I discovered NOTHING!!, no trackmarks in the dewy ground, no odors just sweet nada! Had I just imagined it??? (afterall I had been without human company for over 4 days, I'd chosen to go when the paths were quiet.) or was that the MOST real experience I had ever had?Huh my head was in a spin forsure. I completed the walk in a bit od a daze I must admit. Returning to Mid Wales where my older brother was living, I recounted the story to him and the boys one night in the pub, at least 2 of the boys indicated that they had also encountered a liegionary, at different times and places along the road!!

Its over 30 years since the event, but it still freaks me to this day!!

We are the BEC,
And this we must confess,
Whatever is worth doing,
We'll do it to excess!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: