The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
August 21, 2019, 07:01:31 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Man Who Time Travelled From The 19th Century To The 1950’s  (Read 193 times)
chicar
Rogue Ætherlord
Canada Canada

Student in Techno-Shamanism and Lyncanthrope

Chicar556
« on: August 07, 2019, 12:31:03 pm »

Fishy But Too Good Not To Share:
https://youtu.be/jSasxYkklgE

The word pagan came from paganus , who mean peasant . Its was a way to significate than christianism was the religion of the elite and paganism the one of the savage worker class.

''Trickster shows us how we trick OURSELVES. Her rampant curiosity backfires, but, then, something NEW is discovered (though usually not what She expected)! This is where creativity comes from—experiment, do something different, maybe even something forbidden, and voila! A breakthrough occurs! Ha! Ha! We are released! The world is created anew! Do something backwards, break your own traditions, the barrier breaks; destroy the world as you know it, let the new in.''
Extract of the Dreamflesh article ''Path of The Sacred Clown''
Prof Marvel
Zeppelin Captain
United States United States

learn from history, or be doomed to repeat it

« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2019, 10:56:14 pm »

Thankx My Dear Chicar!

That was Most Entertaining .....
fortunately the u-toob also explains the "urban legend / hoax" and the debunking involved!

And this is how the Great Unwashed Public and the Interwebs turn science fiction stories  into "it's a fact!" and conspiracy coverup theories to explain the lack of actual facts.

The concept it called "The Big Lie" (German: große Lüge)  which is a propaganda technique . The expression was coined by Hitler, in his book Mein Kampf, about the use of a lie so "colossal" that no one would believe that someone "could have the impudence to distort the truth so infamously".

and it is being used again today in SO MANY ways ....

yhs
Prof Marvel

Your Humble Servant
~~~~~Professor Algernon Horatio Ubiquitous Marvel The First~~~~~~
President, CEO, Chairman,  and Chief Bottle Washer of
Professor Marvel's Traveling Apothecary and Fortune Telling Emporium

Acclaimed By The Crowned Heads of Europe
Purveyor of Patent Remedies, Snake Oil, Cleaning Supplies, Dry Goods, and Picture Postcards
Offering Unwanted Advice for All Occasions and Providing Useless Items to the Gentry
Since 1822
J. Wilhelm
╬ Admiral und Luftschiffengel ╬
Board Moderator
Immortal

Sentisne fortunatum punkus? Veni. Diem meum comple

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2019, 04:54:18 am »

It's not just YouTube. Anyone remember when the History Channel actually features history shows? Today it should be called the Sakuatch Channel /  Ancient Austronauts Channel. Facts mished mashed with conjecture to make one giant Conspiracy Croquette.

Banfili
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2019, 07:08:38 am »

It's not just YouTube. Anyone remember when the History Channel actually features history shows? Today it should be called the Sakuatch Channel /  Ancient Austronauts Channel. Facts mished mashed with conjecture to make one giant Conspiracy Croquette.

Don't know if it's just me here down under, but has anyone else noticed A) just how many cop/military reality and/or fiction shows/films there are coming out of the USA right now, and B) just how many royal family doco and/or fiction shows/films there are coming out of Britain right now?
J. Wilhelm
╬ Admiral und Luftschiffengel ╬
Board Moderator
Immortal

Sentisne fortunatum punkus? Veni. Diem meum comple

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2019, 06:07:37 am »

It's not just YouTube. Anyone remember when the History Channel actually features history shows? Today it should be called the Sakuatch Channel /  Ancient Austronauts Channel. Facts mished mashed with conjecture to make one giant Conspiracy Croquette.

Don't know if it's just me here down under, but has anyone else noticed A) just how many cop/military reality and/or fiction shows/films there are coming out of the USA right now, and B) just how many royal family doco and/or fiction shows/films there are coming out of Britain right now?

From my side (given that I use Roku for TV and pay for Spectrum (Formerly Time Warner) what I see is a plethora of reality shows dealing with ANY subject you can think of besides the usual (cooking, etc). Forging steel? Covered. Warehouse / Storage? Covered. Dance academy? Covered. Gold prospecting? Covered. Apartment (flat) hunting? Home renovation? Goat rearing? Bayou patrolling? Covered. Covered. Covered. And covered. It's like magazines. There is a show for any activity you may think about.
Prof Marvel
Zeppelin Captain

learn from history, or be doomed to repeat it

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2019, 09:51:59 am »

The sad thing as Monsieur Wilhelm pointed out, is that former quality channels (that made cable worthwile) like A&E (Arts and Entertainment) BRAVO (Theater)
History Channel, National Geographic, and others have succummed to the "reality show"

Why? The answer is deceptively simple - follow the money.
Many of those channels were "struggling" and all were bought out by the same conglomerate which specializes in cheap entertainment for the masses.
Their current solution to "cheap" is "reality shows".

The very few we watch, the zoo shows, Dr Pol, and Forged in Fire , are at least entertaining and fairly factual ( mostly)

the rest, well, the Great Unwashed Public speaks again, killing even more quality programing to be replaced with crap programing.

We have retaliated with ROKU and crazy Asian crap programing :-)

yhs
prof mumbles
chicar
Rogue Ætherlord
Canada Canada

Student in Techno-Shamanism and Lyncanthrope

Chicar556
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2019, 03:15:52 pm »

In regard of this response i wanted to say i totally owned the fact my attention span have run out before the reveal of the hoaxy nature of the information.
Hez
Zeppelin Captain
Canada Canada

aka Miss Primrose C Leigh

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2019, 08:42:12 am »

Lots of people have time travelled from the 19th century to the 1950's including my grandmother.  It is travelling the other direction that is difficult.
Banfili
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2019, 01:59:57 am »

When I travel fro Sydney to Dublin I am travelling into the future - when I come back i am travelling into the past! I takes one day to get there and two to get back!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: