The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
July 23, 2019, 06:21:32 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Victorian Sensations: Electric Dreams  (Read 159 times)
Mercury Wells
Rogue Ætherlord
I insiste that you do call me WELLS. :)

« on: June 06, 2019, 03:07:28 am »

Victorian Sensations

Victorian Sensations transports us to the last years of Queen Victoria’s reign to explore a moment of thrilling discovery and change that continues to resonate today.

In the first of three films focusing on the technology, art and culture of the 1890s, mathematician Dr Hannah Fry explores how the latest innovations, including X-rays, safety bicycles, and proto-aeroplanes, transformed society and promised a cleaner, brighter and more egalitarian future.

Can be caught up on BBC iPlayer.

Oh...my old war wound? I got that at The Battle of Dorking. Very nasty affair that was, I can tell you.

The Ministry of Tea respectfully advises you to drink one cup of tea day...for that +5 Moral Fibre stat.
Miranda.T
Zeppelin Captain
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2019, 09:45:06 pm »

It's also been part of a strand of Victorian themed programs to catch up on iPlayer - Queen Victoria's Children (three parter) and, last night, A Victorian Scandal and Mechanical Monsters (have a look at the last one if you're a fan of The Time Machine...)

Yours,
Miranda.
Mercury Wells
Rogue Ætherlord
I insiste that you do call me WELLS. :)

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2019, 11:46:04 pm »

Booked & will watch later. Thank you  Grin
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: