The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
November 22, 2019, 07:11:02 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: history repeating itself in science fiction  (Read 548 times)
newjack
Deck Hand
United States United States

« on: May 29, 2019, 03:46:25 am »

in researching ancient history, the axial age in particular, i stumbled on this statue of the biggest psycho ruler in history... caligula

upon which my immediate response was
"OMG! it's ender wiggins!!!"

kind of ironic too that both could be ruthless leaders, though ender never chewed anyone's family jewels off

after thinking about sharing that, i remembered the reconstruction of the "kenwick man" who seems that gone into outer space to fight aliens as well

now if kenwick man was found buried with a flute...
Banfili
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2019, 03:08:22 pm »

I always thought Ender got the spikey end of the pineapple, but he did go on to become the "Speaker for the Dead", and carried that alien hive thing around with him until he could find a good place to dump it.

Patrick Stewart would make a good 'Kenwick Man' - anyone done a screenplay yet? Cheesy
newjack
Deck Hand

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2019, 09:16:20 pm »

i only read the first book. i thought the movie was dark
newjack
Deck Hand

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2019, 01:47:42 am »

i started watching it again the other night and now KNOW that the casting was, if not intentional, understood.

when ender first enters the boot camp ship, harrison ford compares him to Julius Caesar...

caligula, aka "little boots" was also known as Gaius Julius Caesar!!!

that can't be a coincidence.

back to the book... i was surprised at just how influential the other 2 wiggins siblings were. if i remember clearly... his brother was even MORE psycho.
Banfili
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2019, 07:02:19 am »

i started watching it again the other night and now KNOW that the casting was, if not intentional, understood.
when ender first enters the boot camp ship, harrison ford compares him to Julius Caesar...
caligula, aka "little boots" was also known as Gaius Julius Caesar!!!
that can't be a coincidence.

back to the book... i was surprised at just how influential the other 2 wiggins siblings were. if i remember clearly... his brother was even MORE psycho.

His brother took over as dictator of earth!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: