The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
July 23, 2019, 05:43:03 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Princess Olga... and you thought Vlad the Impaler had issues!  (Read 280 times)
newjack
Deck Hand
United States United States

« on: May 26, 2019, 10:38:55 pm »

from several sources, edited to be forum appropriate:

"Princess Olga

Let me tell you the story of Princess Olga of Kiev.

Her husband, Igor, was murdered by the Drevlyans, an Eastern Slavic tribe. Olga took over the Kievan Rus’, but the Drevlyans didn’t want a female ruler, so they sent her a group of suitors.

Still pretty whizzed off about her husband’s murder, Olga had the suitors carried by her servants on a boat to the courtyard of the castle. The boat was dumped into a giant hole and the suitors were buried alive.

She told the Drevlyans that she had accepted a suitor and organized a party in a bath house. After the guests arrived, the doors were barred shut and the bath house was burned down.

After the memorial to the people who died in the bath house, a party was held and the Drevlyan guests got drunk off their butts. Olga’s royal guard proceeded to kill all 5,000 of them that night.

When they requested her forgiveness, Olga asked the Drevlyans to give her three pigeons and three sparrows from each home from their capital of Iskorosten. When they arrive, she had hot coals tied to their legs and set them back home. As the city burned to the ground from the resulting fire, the people that ran out of the city were either killed, enslaved, or extorted by Olga’s army. The entire tribe was basically wiped out in the following years.

Olga is a saint in the Eastern Orthodox church.

Never whizz off a Russian."

WOW! huh?

« Last Edit: May 26, 2019, 10:42:17 pm by newjack » Logged
Synistor 303
Officer
Australia Australia

Zenyna Ironbracker

« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2019, 01:59:53 am »

You go girl!
Banfili
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2019, 04:43:46 pm »

To quote a song from quite a few years back - "Oh, those Russians"
morozow
Zeppelin Captain
Russian Federation Russian Federation

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2019, 08:43:04 pm »

Come on. Remember what massacre staged Kriemhilt, in revenge for Siegfried. She brothers not regret.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2019, 10:25:09 pm by morozow » Logged

Sorry for the errors, rudeness and stupidity. It's not me, this online translator. Really convenient?
Cora Courcelle
Snr. Officer
England England

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2019, 09:32:24 pm »

Move over Cersei ....

You have to tread a fine line between avant-garde surrealism and getting yourself sectioned...
Synistor 303
Officer
Australia Australia

Zenyna Ironbracker

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2019, 04:55:39 am »

They made the mistake of messing with a woman... My new catch-cry will now be; "Don't make me go Princess Olga on you!"
newjack
Deck Hand

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2019, 03:38:20 am »

there's a reason the say

"heck hath no fury to match that of a woman scorned"

i get very annoyed by the irony that "no means no", but only for women apparently. as someone who's had a fatal attraction that took to dripping antifreeze in his nostrils for refusing to put out, i'm deeply annoyed by the hypocrisy.

yes... men stalk and abuse women, but women lose their effing minds and boil your bunny!
morozow
Zeppelin Captain
Russian Federation Russian Federation

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2019, 10:07:19 am »

I want to be a little more boring.

Knaz Olga is a Saint and equal to the apostles in the Orthodox Church.

But it be admitted not for revenge, and fighting with Drevlyane.

It is believed that it brought Christianity to Russia. She herself was baptized and tried to persuade her son, Knaz Svyatoslav.
newjack
Deck Hand

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2019, 09:10:53 pm »

rated #4, behind vlad, and a gal who you wanna swipe right on is:  

Elizabeth Bathory

Elizabeth Bathory drank the blood of girls she had imprisoned.
Elizabeth Bathory was nicknamed as Countess Dracula for being one of most prolific serial killers of all time. She thought that the blood of other girls on her skin made her look fresher and better. She was responsible for the death of 650 girls whose blood she drank, but not before physically abusing them and parading them naked on the streets.

Olga didn't make the list while "lightweight" (pun intended)  Sultan Ibrahim I made #10

Sultan Ibrahim I drowned 280 men in the Bosphorus sea without a fair trial.
Also known as Ibrahim The Mad, he was a Sultan of the Ottoman Empire. He gained this title on account of his sadistic and monstrous acts which included his obsession with obese women. He sexually indulged with all the fat women in his empire in front of their husbands. Men who attempted to have sexual relations with these women were instantly executed without a trial.

Olga's all
"280?! I did that on my way to work today beeyah!"
« Last Edit: May 29, 2019, 09:13:43 pm by newjack » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: