The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
August 26, 2019, 09:26:16 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Giant Metal Mosquito In Russia  (Read 1154 times)
chicar
Rogue Ætherlord
Canada Canada

Student in Techno-Shamanism and Lyncanthrope

Chicar556
« on: May 15, 2019, 06:19:12 pm »

Don’t Get That One Near You Veins:
https://www.reddit.com/r/UrbanHell/comments/bov8u0/usinsk_komi_republic_russia/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app

The word pagan came from paganus , who mean peasant . Its was a way to significate than christianism was the religion of the elite and paganism the one of the savage worker class.

''Trickster shows us how we trick OURSELVES. Her rampant curiosity backfires, but, then, something NEW is discovered (though usually not what She expected)! This is where creativity comes from—experiment, do something different, maybe even something forbidden, and voila! A breakthrough occurs! Ha! Ha! We are released! The world is created anew! Do something backwards, break your own traditions, the barrier breaks; destroy the world as you know it, let the new in.''
Extract of the Dreamflesh article ''Path of The Sacred Clown''
von Corax
Squire of the Lambda Calculus
Immortal
Canada Canada

Prof. Darwin Prætorius von Corax

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2019, 03:34:52 am »

Not seeing anything.

By the power of caffeine do I set my mind in motion
By the Beans of Life do my thoughts acquire speed
My hands acquire a shaking
The shaking becomes a warning
By the power of caffeine do I set my mind in motion
The Leverkusen Institute of Paleocybernetics is 5838 km from Reading
Deimos
Gunner
United States United States

aka Countess Millicent Addlewood

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2019, 04:17:17 am »

I saw it right after Chicar posted the link.....now it's gone...don't know what happened.
It's kind of creepy looking.

Here is a test to find out if your mission in life is complete:
If you're alive, it isn't. -- Lauren Bacall
chicar
Rogue Ætherlord
Canada Canada

Student in Techno-Shamanism and Lyncanthrope

Chicar556
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2019, 01:03:39 pm »

Still work for me, don’t know what happenings .

Here a repost:
https://www.reddit.com/r/UrbanHell/comments/bov8u0/usinsk_komi_republic_russia/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app
morozow
Zeppelin Captain
Russian Federation Russian Federation

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2019, 12:38:01 am »

Good angles. Actually, it's not that big.

The most unusual and original attraction of the city of Usinsk, in the Komi Republic, was the monument to Komar, installed in the student square.

It is known that there were several ideas for the future monument: they offered to install a monument to a student's record book, a working helmet, and even rubber boots. The mosquito was chosen as the most common living organism in the North.

This two-meter monument is a complex prefabricated metal structure, decorated with elements of forging and casting. Made a monument to the mosquito in St. Petersburg. A few months before the opening of the monument, which took place on October 12, 2012, the students paved paths near the educational institution of paving paths, put in this student Park lights and benches, hung a Board of lovers. In the near future, they plan to set up a free Internet connection via Wi-Fi and install a mosquito repellent device.

Now this square is one of the most popular holiday destinations in Usinsk. And on the amazing monument to mosquito necessarily come to see all who were lucky enough to visit this town.

Sorry for the errors, rudeness and stupidity. It's not me, this online translator. Really convenient?
newjack
Deck Hand

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2019, 09:26:23 pm »

i wonder if it's in any way related to the giant spider dog incident

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoB8t0B4jx4
madamemarigold
Officer

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2019, 07:49:12 pm »

Just the thought is mosquito's that big makes me itch to grab the bug spray! With all the flooding here we are already swamped the little biters. Undecided shudders don't need a monster like that! hmmm I do wonder if one could steampunk a big, huge bug zapper? something to ponder!
von Corax
Squire of the Lambda Calculus
Immortal
Canada Canada

Prof. Darwin Prætorius von Corax

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2019, 10:23:26 pm »

Just the thought is mosquito's that big makes me itch to grab the bug spray! With all the flooding here we are already swamped the little biters. Undecided shudders don't need a monster like that! hmmm I do wonder if one could steampunk a big, huge bug zapper? something to ponder!
Obviously you'd use a steam-driven dynamo to power a gigantic Tesla coil.
newjack
Deck Hand

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2019, 11:31:30 pm »

personally, i find general dynamics' headless robot dogs to be creepy. i wouldn't want to see one trotting at me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYzn_gmFs5w
« Last Edit: June 02, 2019, 11:33:04 pm by newjack » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: