The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
November 28, 2020, 12:46:11 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Brassgoggles Model Making Club (the second non-SP model making thread).  (Read 23505 times)
James Harrison
Immortal
England England

Bachelor of the Arts; Master of the Sciences

« Reply #450 on: November 21, 2020, 02:10:35 pm »

Well, it is glazed and- as you can see- assembled.  Today's activities are plugging the joints with filler and then starting on the roof joists, of which there are three, each composed of three separate pieces of card with the individual timbers cut out... quite why it needs that level of detail for something that won't be seen is beyond my ken. 

Ho hum. 

Persons intending to travel by open carriage should select a seat with their backs to the engine, by which means they will avoid the ashes emitted therefrom, that in travelling generally, but particularly through the tunnels, prove a great annoyance; the carriage farthest from the engine will in consequence be found the most desirable.
Madasasteamfish
A clanger waiting to be dropped......
Board Moderator
Rogue Ætherlord
United Kingdom United Kingdom

09madasafish
« Reply #451 on: November 21, 2020, 03:06:01 pm »

Well, it is glazed and- as you can see- assembled.  Today's activities are plugging the joints with filler and then starting on the roof joists, of which there are three, each composed of three separate pieces of card with the individual timbers cut out... quite why it needs that level of detail for something that won't be seen is beyond my ken. 

Ho hum. 

Who knows? some of these kit manufactures go to extreme lengths in terms of providing details like that, probably to satisfy the rivet counters.

Case in point I once built a card goods shed kit (it was one of the those 'buy the kit and print as many copies as you like') which included the same kind of detail, even though seeing it once completed would require lifting the whole building up and looking from underneath, or getting down below the level of whatever it was sat on and looking up through the opening.

I made a note in my diary on the way over here. Simply says; "Bugger!"

"DON'T THINK OF IT AS DYING, JUST THINK OF IT AS LEAVING EARLY TO AVOID THE RUSH."
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: