The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
May 26, 2019, 11:46:53 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Happy Easter !!!!!  (Read 167 times)
chicar
Rogue Ætherlord
Canada Canada

Student in Techno-Shamanism and Lyncanthrope

Chicar556
« on: April 21, 2019, 03:21:31 pm »

And What Steamier Way To Celebrate It Than With The Italian Practice Of A Mechanical Dove Igniting A Cart Loaded With Fireworks:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbkmiZXv3XA
« Last Edit: April 21, 2019, 03:25:23 pm by chicar » Logged

The word pagan came from paganus , who mean peasant . Its was a way to significate than christianism was the religion of the elite and paganism the one of the savage worker class.

''Trickster shows us how we trick OURSELVES. Her rampant curiosity backfires, but, then, something NEW is discovered (though usually not what She expected)! This is where creativity comes from—experiment, do something different, maybe even something forbidden, and voila! A breakthrough occurs! Ha! Ha! We are released! The world is created anew! Do something backwards, break your own traditions, the barrier breaks; destroy the world as you know it, let the new in.''
Extract of the Dreamflesh article ''Path of The Sacred Clown''
Miranda.T
Zeppelin Captain
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2019, 08:33:06 pm »

Happy Easter everyone!

Yes, the Florence fireworks is definitely on our 'to do' list. For the meantime, we have just returned from aa Easter Sunday Steampunk Mad Hatter's tea party, which was thoroughly splendid  Smiley.

Yours,
Miranda.
J. Wilhelm
╬ Admiral und Luftschiffengel ╬
Board Moderator
Immortal
United States United States

Sentisne fortunatum punkus? Veni. Diem meum comple

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2019, 08:37:05 am »

I hope you guys had a good Easter. I mostly slept all day and upon realising most supermarkets were closed, I had to go hunting for food, which meant a hamburger and a stop to a Walmart for a few things...

I did manage to cobble this, however:

Easter Salad.

A family tradition, I did not realise the significance of it until one or two years ago. The egg of course symbolises Resurrection, but I thought that perhaps the asparagus spears and the hearts of palm would represent Rome and Judea, respectively. The mayonnaise represents nothing  Cheesy but it ties the whole dish together with a garnish of paprika for colour.

Cheers,

JW

Synistor 303
Officer
Australia Australia

Zenyna Ironbracker

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2019, 02:35:14 am »

How bizarre! (The dove and the fireworks, not the food...) A bit of a waste to have fireworks in bright sunny daylight.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: