The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
July 17, 2019, 10:14:53 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 43 Mysterious Stone Heads Stand in an Open Field...  (Read 427 times)
RJBowman
Zeppelin Captain

« on: March 27, 2019, 11:55:04 pm »

Who carved them, and what purpose did they serve? And how did they transport the 22,000 pound stones to a place hundreds of miles from where the stone was quarried? These are questions that will be pondered by future archeologists.

https://www.atlasobscura.com/places/president-heads?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=atlas-page&fbclid=IwAR3x-gU3Rb1xkg8j_lide6D9zTNp76iAXspJjyawY2ewSoq9eiA-1qhHKe8
Synistor 303
Officer
Australia Australia

Zenyna Ironbracker

« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2019, 02:51:10 am »

That's actually a good thing to do with a president's head... I'd like to see Trump's head in that field.
Xenos
Zeppelin Admiral
Sudan Sudan

Capt of the "AO Victoria," Cdr of the Aeronauts!

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2019, 08:52:09 pm »

That's actually a good thing to do with a president's head... I'd like to see Trump's head in that field.

Oh I'd hope they made it from some orange stone. Really throw off archaeologists! "all these heads, why is this one orange?!"

Don't let these shakes go on, it's time we had a break from it. Send me to the rear! Where the Tides of Madness swell, and men sliding into Hell...

Oh please don't let these shakes go on...
Banfili
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2019, 02:08:42 am »

Oh I'd hope they made it from some orange stone. Really throw off archaeologists! "all these heads, why is this one orange?!"

One could think of a few things to say about Trump's head (as an outsider, looking in), but why "do" his head at all?  Up to 45 now, so there is #44 to be done first!

Are there two Grover Clevelands? He had two non-consecutive goes at the job, so technically, there should be two Cleveland heads!!
« Last Edit: April 21, 2019, 02:12:01 am by Banfili » Logged
Xenos
Zeppelin Admiral
Sudan Sudan

Capt of the "AO Victoria," Cdr of the Aeronauts!

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2019, 03:55:04 am »

One could think of a few things to say about Trump's head (as an outsider, looking in), but why "do" his head at all?  Up to 45 now, so there is #44 to be done first!

Are there two Grover Clevelands? He had two non-consecutive goes at the job, so technically, there should be two Cleveland heads!!

I wish I were on the outside looking in. Ah well.

I agree! Two Cleavland Heads!  After all, *clears throat and sings glam metal*

TWO. HEADS. Are better than one!
It's double the pleasure, TRIPLE THE FUN!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: