The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
July 16, 2019, 05:55:01 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gyroscopic Grill  (Read 692 times)
chicar
Rogue Ætherlord
Canada Canada

Student in Techno-Shamanism and Lyncanthrope

Chicar556
« on: March 21, 2019, 04:28:55 am »

Spring As Begun, Summer Is Near:
https://www.instagram.com/tv/BvPPTwGhvJy/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=hughfb9okv5x

The word pagan came from paganus , who mean peasant . Its was a way to significate than christianism was the religion of the elite and paganism the one of the savage worker class.

''Trickster shows us how we trick OURSELVES. Her rampant curiosity backfires, but, then, something NEW is discovered (though usually not what She expected)! This is where creativity comes from—experiment, do something different, maybe even something forbidden, and voila! A breakthrough occurs! Ha! Ha! We are released! The world is created anew! Do something backwards, break your own traditions, the barrier breaks; destroy the world as you know it, let the new in.''
Extract of the Dreamflesh article ''Path of The Sacred Clown''
J. Wilhelm
╬ Admiral und Luftschiffengel ╬
Board Moderator
Immortal
United States United States

Sentisne fortunatum punkus? Veni. Diem meum comple

« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2019, 09:53:03 pm »

Let's face it. This is a badass idea!  Cheesy Maybe you could have this centrepiece rotating fast (otherwise the gyroscopic action is "turned off" as seen in the picture the rotational vector is just rambling in any direction due to the hot gasses passing through), but that way you can mount aboard a ship so no matter how the ship rolls the grilled food is always in the upright position!

www.HigleyWelding.com

Awesome gyroscopic grill

von Corax
Squire of the Lambda Calculus
Immortal
Canada Canada

Prof. Darwin Prætorius von Corax

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2019, 03:25:00 am »

Chicken Tourbillon, anyone?

By the power of caffeine do I set my mind in motion
By the Beans of Life do my thoughts acquire speed
My hands acquire a shaking
The shaking becomes a warning
By the power of caffeine do I set my mind in motion
The Leverkusen Institute of Paleocybernetics is 5838 km from Reading
RJBowman
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2019, 10:16:34 pm »

That is a gimbal, not a gyroscope. A new take on the traditional rotisserie.
J. Wilhelm
Board Moderator
Immortal

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2019, 10:27:13 pm »

That is a gimbal, not a gyroscope. A new take on the traditional rotisserie.

Technically each ring is a gimbal. So what you see there is a set of two gimbals, also known as a Cardan Suspension. A spinning disk withing a three gimbal suspension makes a gyroscope... So really this should be a Cardan Grill.

Compass mounted on a Cardan Suspension. This compass would be kept in place by way of a weight (bowl) and gravity.
The grill oscillates all over the place due to the hot combustion gases and has no "pendulum."

If you take the grill and mount it on a spinning axis itself mounted in a third gimbal, then you have a gyroscope. It could be done..

« Last Edit: March 22, 2019, 10:36:43 pm by J. Wilhelm » Logged
J. Wilhelm
Board Moderator
Immortal

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2019, 10:41:30 pm »

We need a list of unnecessarily complicated cooking devices. Like an Ellipsograph Shawarma.
Banfili
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2019, 02:30:15 am »

We need a list of unnecessarily complicated cooking devices. Like an Ellipsograph Shawarma.

Unnecessarily complicated, AND, steampunk, not necessarily in the same cookware!  Grin

Let's see what all you evil genius inventors and contraptors out there can come up with!
J. Wilhelm
Board Moderator
Immortal

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2019, 07:31:58 am »

Unnecessarily complicated, AND, steampunk, not necessarily in the same cookware!  Grin

Let's see what all you evil genius inventors and contraptors out there can come up with!

Just wait till you try my elliptical Tacos al Pastor (Lebanese immigrants in Mexico brought the Shawarma - the meat cooking style is referred to as "al Pastor" or "Shepherd Style")
RJBowman
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2019, 08:28:34 pm »

Just wait till you try my elliptical Tacos al Pastor (Lebanese immigrants in Mexico brought the Shawarma - the meat cooking style is referred to as "al Pastor" or "Shepherd Style")

Tacos al Pastor is pork shawarma; something you won't find at too many Arab restaurants. I do know of one place that has pork gyros.
J. Wilhelm
Board Moderator
Immortal

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2019, 02:40:16 am »

Tacos al Pastor is pork shawarma; something you won't find at too many Arab restaurants. I do know of one place that has pork gyros.
That's correct. It's not Halal. The vast majority of Lebanese immigrants in Mexico are Christian, however. And I don't know if that is why Shawarma was adapted or if the cooking technique was adapted by itself. What I do know is that al pastor is not just pork. The wiki article is omitting important information. There is also Cabrito al Pastor (Goat Kid meat), which I've had, and it's not always sold as Tacos.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: