The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 19, 2019, 08:13:53 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Any Steamwestern singers out there?  (Read 750 times)
AndiiV
Zeppelin Captain
United Kingdom United Kingdom

@andii_valo
« on: February 07, 2019, 07:31:18 pm »

We're The Yuma Territorial Prison Band, an alt.country outfit based around north London/Hertfordshire. We have songs, humour, experience, passion and strong connections to the steampunk/steamwestern scene.

We're looking for an experienced, accomplished singer who can commit to regular rehearsals (acoustically at a home near Watford, loud at Mill Hill Studios), plus occasional paid gigs around the UK and further afield (possibly overseas).

We're currently guitar and bass (both ex-Ghostfire). Our influences include The Handsome Family, First Aid Kit, The Dead South, Ennio Morricone and Johnny Cash. Singer/instrumentalists also welcome.

We have a ton of songs ready to go and MP3s to share. Please get in touch if this piques your interest.

J. Wilhelm
╬ Admiral und Luftschiffengel ╬
Board Moderator
Immortal
United States United States

Sentisne fortunatum punkus? Veni. Diem meum comple

« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2019, 09:16:37 pm »

Yuma Territorial Prison? That must be one special place in hell...  Wink and the inmates still have the energy to play music?  Do you have any idea how hot Yuma is? It's basically the hottest spot in the Continental United States (and very likely North America, including Mexico) with an average summer temperature of 41C/107F and a maximum of 51C/124F(!!) The only place in the country where you can be at 27C/80F in the dead of winter! That is where sports players and athletes go to train, because it THE place to push the human body to the limits in hot weather.

Best of luck with your band fellows! I'm always curious wjhen Brits adopt what is basically American folklore...  Smiley
« Last Edit: February 07, 2019, 09:25:37 pm by J. Wilhelm » Logged

AndiiV
Zeppelin Captain

@andii_valo
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2019, 10:44:42 pm »

Yeah well, it's a conceptual entertainment project, not a feasibility study. A semi-comic suspention of disbelief.  With a singer perhaps as we recently lost ours in a gunfight.
J. Wilhelm
╬ Admiral und Luftschiffengel ╬
Board Moderator
Immortal
United States United States

Sentisne fortunatum punkus? Veni. Diem meum comple

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2019, 11:45:03 pm »

Yeah well, it's a conceptual entertainment project, not a feasibility study. A semi-comic suspention of disbelief.  With a singer perhaps as we recently lost ours in a gunfight.

Actually it's not a bad concept. You are in the right place for anachronistic concepts, and the theme is Steampunk as well. The name and place are good. What you need (besides getting a replacement bandmember) is to make a trip and get photos of the band in character and in front of some Joshua Trees or something like that (like the band U2 did for their 1985 album The Joshua Tree).

I don't know of a male singer on your side of the pond, though. I know of a great local Country-Swing female singer (assuming she still lives in Austin). Looking for people on this side of the pond is not a bad idea, and we have a great music scene in Austin (your other option is Nashville). There's bound to be someone wishing to go abroad. Alsowhile online, search and pay close attention to the giant festival SXSW 2019 coming early next month (about 1 week + a weekend in duration), you're bound to see a lot of up and coming artists...

PS. I always attend SWSW every year. I will be posting something on it at the "Off Topic" section. I have a SXSW thread there
« Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 11:52:40 pm by J. Wilhelm » Logged
AndiiV
Zeppelin Captain

@andii_valo
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2019, 07:35:40 pm »

Just giving this a signal boost.  Singer still needed.
 Anyone out there?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: