The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
December 01, 2020, 09:29:29 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A single thread for all my posts?  (Read 1624 times)
SeVeNeVeS
Master Tinkerer
England England

« on: February 02, 2019, 02:12:30 pm »

I'm always making things, majority on topic, some off, some are shelved for inspiration or lack of parts.

My question to the powers that be, and wonderful members alike, would it be acceptable to post any and all creations in one long thread in tactile? (a little like James' non-SP model building thread)

I have been somewhat lackadaisical in posting for a while, if my antique camera still works I am thinking of posting the ups and downs of enhancing my house to my style, mainly Steampunk aesthetic.

Please do let me know what you guys an gals think.

Many Thanks.

SeVeN.

Hurricane Annie
Zeppelin Captain
New Zealand New Zealand

« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2019, 05:53:01 pm »

A personal project posting page  would be perfectly acceptable and appropriate. A progress report is always appreciated
Synistor 303
Snr. Officer
Australia Australia

Zenyna Ironbracker

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2019, 02:19:14 am »

A personal project posting page  would be perfectly acceptable and appropriate. A progress report is always appreciated

I'd second that.
Banfili
Zeppelin Admiral
Australia Australia

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2019, 02:52:14 am »

I'd second that.

I'd third that!
Support from down under, en masse!
SeVeNeVeS
Master Tinkerer
England England

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2020, 10:49:09 am »

If I can work out the camera on my phone, this may be a go, again, any objections?
Deimos
Snr. Officer
United States United States

aka Countess Millicent Addlewood

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2020, 04:41:32 pm »

I'd second that.

I'd third that!
Support from down under, en masse!

And I'd fourth that! As in: Let us go 'fourth' and do that!

@SeVeNeVeS....maybe change the name of the thread to SeVeNeVeS Projects?
Mine would be Deimos Projects... and so on; [name] Projects.

That way anyone looking for a specific project by a member would only have to search for the person's name.
Of course  they would have to hunt through that thread, but at least the member search would be pretty easy: First Tactile, then scroll down for the named thread. 

Here is a test to find out if your mission in life is complete:
If you're alive, it isn't. -- Lauren Bacall

"You can tell a man's vices by his friends, his virtues by his enemies."

"Only the paranoid survive."
James Harrison
Immortal
England England

Bachelor of the Arts; Master of the Sciences

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2020, 06:17:51 pm »

Another forum I frequent, 'workbench' threads are the norm rather than the exception.  It can then be a bit tricky tracking down things within those threads, but most posters start with an index or contents post that they then update to direct people to at least the page that a project might appear on. 

Persons intending to travel by open carriage should select a seat with their backs to the engine, by which means they will avoid the ashes emitted therefrom, that in travelling generally, but particularly through the tunnels, prove a great annoyance; the carriage farthest from the engine will in consequence be found the most desirable.
J. Wilhelm
╬ Admiral und Luftschiffengel ╬
Board Moderator
Immortal

Sentisne fortunatum punkus? Veni. Diem meum comple

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2020, 07:15:02 pm »

Another forum I frequent, 'workbench' threads are the norm rather than the exception.  It can then be a bit tricky tracking down things within those threads, but most posters start with an index or contents post that they then update to direct people to at least the page that a project might appear on. 

That has a simple solution. You can always modify your initial post as many times as you want. Add a contents index!! You can list the page number for each topic, and just keep adding numbers as you go along

Prof Marvel
Zeppelin Captain
Western Sahara Western Sahara

too depressed for words

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2020, 09:42:05 am »

I really applaud the idea!

That has a simple solution. You can always modify your initial post as many times as you want. Add a contents index!! You can list the page number for each topic, and just keep adding numbers as you go along

J that is brilliant!

yhs
prof marvel

The world is in Hell and I am too depressed for words
J. Wilhelm
Board Moderator
Immortal

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2020, 09:52:53 am »

I really applaud the idea!

J that is brilliant!

yhs
prof marvel

Thank you. Since we're all savvy hipsters now with our smartphones and tablets we forgot there's such a thing as an index. We're so used to asking Alexa to find our reading material
Banfili
Zeppelin Admiral
Australia Australia

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2020, 08:58:18 am »

Who is Alexa?
 Grin Grin
J. Wilhelm
Board Moderator
Immortal

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2020, 09:27:17 am »

Who is Alexa?
 Grin Grin

She's Google's sister and Siri's rival at school  Grin.
Banfili
Zeppelin Admiral
Australia Australia

« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2020, 12:45:10 am »

Who is Alexa?
 Grin Grin

She's Google's sister and Siri's rival at school  Grin.

Ah, I see! I see no reason to ask a disembodied voice for answers - I look it up myself!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: